OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to ALA. That's all they do. Many of them don't even have teams they root for or even worse got 5-8 different ones they do.

But I tried to warn them...

Screenshot_20201001-080639_Chrome.jpg

The chickens coming home to roost.

General statement aimed towards anyone. Virtually every fan base does it in every sport, including ALA.

Yea after seeing him say that, and how he speaks on him, it's a bit wack. Pretty much ignore his lebron takes.

That list has Beach Em on it lol.

Because a lot of Americans are lonely so the only real sense of community they have in their lives so they take results and rivalries personally.

Couldn’t be me.

Exactly. And it's virtual, which makes it's sadder to me.

Tell that to ALA. That's all they do. Many of them don't even have teams they root for or even worse got 5-8 different ones they do.

The chickens coming home to roost.

Interestingly though, I’ve seen proud ALA members like addict4sneakers addict4sneakers Based Jesus Based Jesus and even wavycrocket wavycrocket say good things about the Lakers and/or Lakers players at times. They’re capable of giving credit where it’s due with the Lakers.

You posted all that after landing Bron. Yet you won’t give him credit for saving your franchise

He chose to come to LA for his own reasons it's been as beneficial for him and his brand as it has for us as a franchise. Year 1 was an abject disaster so that's why I'm not going to say he 'saved' anything. On floor we have taken off once AD got traded here that's a fact. I said I'll give him credit once he brings a chip here, and not a second sooner.

This whole we should be grateful that he blessed us with his presence like he ain't mutually benefiting from this marriage is ridiculous.

Sounds like Bam is in for Friday. I thought it looked worse. He'll probably still be limited.

One down, glad to see AD killing it and I don't care about the Lakers but I'm rooting for LeBron as always

You’d think he’d act like he’s been here before lol

Oh I should act like we've been here before after damn near everybody I listed on that post was vehement that we'd not be back in the position we're in right now for a long time? And even as things have progressed in the season and playoffs still popping off? Nah y'all can cry all you want, the same energy is going to be kept and reciprocated. Especially since I ain't got **** else to do.

He chose to come to LA for his own reasons it's been as beneficial for him and his brand as it has for us as a franchise. Year 1 was an abject disaster so that's why I'm not going to say he 'saved' anything. On floor we have taken off once AD got traded here that's a fact. I said I'll give him credit once he brings a chip here, and not a second sooner.

This whole we should be grateful that he blessed us with his presence like he ain't mutually benefiting from this marriage is ridiculous.
He saved the franchise by getting AD. AD wasn’t gonna go to LA without Bron being there

Oh I should act like we've been here before after damn near everybody I listed on that post was vehement that we'd not be back in the position we're in right now for a long time? And even as things have progressed in the season and playoffs still popping off? Nah y'all can cry all you want, the same energy is going to be kept and reciprocated. Especially since I ain't got **** else to do.
Ehhh Lakers being relevant for rings was bound to happen. No one expected it to happen this season with the band of outcast toys.

I personally thought it would take 2 seasons of Bron/AD but this bubble is technically a second season so there’s that

Ehhh Lakers being relevant for rings was bound to happen. No one expected it to happen this season with the band of outcast toys.

I personally thought it would take 2 seasons of Bron/AD but this bubble is technically a second season so there’s that

They literally said we'd be irrelevant for another decade after striking out in 16 and 17 and all the struggles post Kobe.

I'm not giving Bron all the credit for AD forcing his way here. AD was the one that through his own means scared off all the other suitors, AD was the one who came in from day 1 without all the antics and proclamations and just put in the work. That's why a vast majority of the fanbase has embraced him right from jump.

They literally said we'd be irrelevant for another decade after striking out in 16 and 17 and all the struggles post Kobe.

Ive mentioned this before and it kind of goes to the point amitt5504 amitt5504 made but the Lakers giving Deng 4/$72MM and Mozgov 4/$72MM in 2016....and winning the championship in 2020 is a helluva underrated story.
1601567346216.png

The team now is wildly different but really only the LA teams and Miami, maybe GSW are capable of a turnaround like that.

"Basking in the misery" of someone else is such a weird human concept.

Seems like It's largely an American or Western European phenomenon and transcends sports.

Crabs in a bucket and it's more relevant than ever.
I respectfully disagree. I think most Lakers fans aren't "basking in the misery."

It's nothing but fandom, which imo, includes "returning the favor" as MVP MVP had alluded to

I'm not giving Bron all the credit for AD forcing his way here. AD was the one that through his own means scared off all the other suitors, AD was the one who came in from day 1 without all the antics and proclamations and just put in the work. That's why a vast majority of the fanbase has embraced him right from jump.
Again would AD scare of all the suitors to get to play with Kyle Kuzma.

No LeBron means No AD point blank.

LeBron of course benefits from playing for the Lakers but its not the same or equal. Its a players league and LeBron has the largest influence.

Ran into someone I hadn’t seen in years this morning while grabbing coffee. After we pretended to care about how each other have been doing, he goes “oh, and your Lakers look real good.”

Caught me so off guard.

Again would AD scare of all the suitors to get to play with Kyle Kuzma.

No LeBron means No AD point blank.

LeBron of course benefits from playing for the Lakers but its not the same or equal. Its a players league and LeBron has the largest influence.

If Bron didn't come one of the other marquee guys would have come since everybody wanna deal in hypotheticals.

Sounds like Bam is in for Friday. I thought it looked worse. He'll probably still be limited.
That is great news. I wish the best for Bam. I'm a huge fan. I hope he plays as close to 100% as possible cause BAM IS THE ONLY WAY Miami has a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom