OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to a few of the pods this morning, it seems the media is leaning AD for finals MVP right now.

As a huge Kobe fan do you think that subconsciously plays into your ascent up the “AD > Bron” Hill because it’s reminiscent of the latter Shaq/Kobe 3-peat when Kobe wasn’t getting the credit he deserved?

Not throwing shots and I would probably give my FMVP vote to AD if I had one but I’m just curious if that’s a factor in your position.

he has the talent to. That’s not the question. But again we saw what he was doing the past 8 years. Maybe this run he is on is more of what’s to come.
For sure
I already had his ceiling high but he sort of catapulted his trajectory beyond that
He better than I thought he was gonna be and I was SUPER high on him coming in

only 27.Long long career in front of him and his jumper is elite so his game will transition smoothly when Father Time comes

Death by snu snu.
1601749221033.png
Please ride my face mam.

Am I missing something?? Who’s Twitter account is that? Do we just pull random people Twitter posts?

I don’t have Twitter so no idea who that guy is lol

As Bron fans I feel like we are spending more time defending him and worrying about people who don’t like him than celebrating this potential ring....

I could understand this rationale at other times... but what exactly is being said about him now that needs to be "defended" :lol:

There's only been two narratives that have been "against" Bron in here

1) he's ARGUABLY getting outplayed in the finals, by a guy who at 33/12 on 60/50/100 through the first two games
2) He isn't better than what many people consider the best basketball player of all time

what about someone making those two statements would make you feel like it needs to be defended

Recency bias/prisoner-of-the-moment syndrome are powerful forces.

In the Summer of 2019 Kawhi was in the convo for best in the game; now he’s a one-legged bum.:lol: Things can change fast.
I personally still believe Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league. Yeah, he had a horrible game 7 (every player has had a bad game) and his team choked but we can't deny his talent.

Also in terms of the AD >> Dirk thing i wouldn't say that , but i do know that some who took offense to that are the same crowd who said

1) Harden is a better offensive player than Kobe
2) they would rather Luka Today over any version of Harden
3) Jokic is the best big in the league,
4) Kawhi's amazing run last year crowned him best in the league & then thrusted him past people in All time list

muy intersante to see when things are "small sample sizes".

Also in terms of the AD >> Dirk thing i wouldn't say that , but i do know that some who took offense to that are the same crowd who said

1) Harden is a better offensive player than Kobe
2) they would rather Luka Today over any version of Harden
3) Jokic is the best big in the league,
4) Kawhi's amazing run last year crowned him best in the league & then thrusted him past people in All time list

muy intersante to see when things are "small sample sizes".

Almost like calling guys Giannis with a jumpshot. Or the next Jason kidd. Or taking 20 game sample sizes and calling guys shooters. Or saying looting Kyle Kuzma was CLEARLY better than Tatum.

interesting indeed

The hate some people have for LeBron is just mind boggling. My bro, who’s a Lakers fan, told me last night he doesn’t care for LeBron and that the Lakers would still be back in the Finals with/without LeBron. I just let it go and said “aight” :lol:
Lakers fans don’t know no better

I think it’s what happens when your franchise wins 11 championships in the last 40 years

Some people can't appreciate greatness in real time. But years later they reinvent history to insist that they were always fans.

At the end of the day, there are more people around the world who admire and appreciate the greatness of LBJ than the silly detractors.
That’s true

Kobe was the most loved and the most hated player. Lebron is there as well. When you’re that great and you done ripped the hearts out of 29 teams for like 2 decades a piece, you become extremely loved and hated

Recency bias/prisoner-of-the-moment syndrome are powerful forces.

In the Summer of 2019 Kawhi was in the convo for best in the game; now he’s a one-legged bum.:lol: Things can change fast.
All sorts of slander is going to happen when you lose a 3-1 lead

Almost like calling guys Giannis with a jumpshot. Or the next Jason kidd. Or taking 20 game sample sizes and calling guys shooters. Or saying looting Kyle Kuzma was CLEARLY better than Tatum.

interesting indeed

And all of this was hyperbole Best case scenarios (except for the Kuz ****). As opposed to people being dead *** serious and calling for this instant. Dudes ain't Say Harden is on pace to be a better scorer they flat out argued that he is already :lol: . Someone saw 6 Games of Luka and decided that performance in a first round elimination..... was better than any Harden performance they've seen.

So on & so forth..... So yea Lakers fans have been wrong about some things, but there were a hell of a lot of us who said we would be back to winning championships before a lot of these teams even reached a finals... & we're at that point again

2 More Wins
EarlyImpureHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Also in all fairness to Laker fans

We traded Giannis with a Jumpshot & No HGH for the real Giannis with a jumpshot & a witness shirt :emoji_shrug:

Reactions: MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom