OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the word DRAFT or DRAFT PICK in the post you referenced?

Having difficulty finding it...
"I'll give you ______ for ______ and _______, straight up."

That is draft/ roster building discussion, but no mention of draft or draft thread, that's obviously belongs in the draft thread.

C'mon, man. Y'all just being intentionally difficult knowing damn well you're talking about roster rebuilding which is a draft discussion. The entire concept of the draft is on rebuilding the roster, which is all you guys are discussing.

ESPN gotta pay former athletes $50 per appearance if they have 5pt/5reb Kendrick Perkins giving playoff hot takes on a daily basis.

I'm confused. It's 2 hours before game time in a playoff thread but the main topic surrounding Simmons is other teams potential packages to land Simmons, or what the 76ers can do in the next couple hours to get Simmons a better PG.

The initial post involved a trade package. That quickly died and turned into Ben Simmons debate.

its whatever though. Cause now we are talking about Ben Simmons in draft thread instead of Anthony Edwards.

"I'll give you ______ for ______ and _______, straight up."

That is draft/ roster building discussion, but no mention of draft or draft thread, that's obviously belongs in the draft thread.

C'mon, man. Y'all just being intentionally difficult knowing damn well you're talking about roster rebuilding which is a draft discussion. The entire concept of the draft is on rebuilding the roster, which is all you guys are discussing.
The Sixers gonna be eliminated Sunday. Let us have these talks here while they’re still in it lol

About a Sixers team in the playoffs with a poor roster because of Simmons and his time masquerading as a PG.
But the discussion isn't on the 76ers playoffs or any team in the playoffs. It is on roster rebuilding, which is the entire point of the draft. You guys are having a discussion on roster rebuilding and trade packages and comparing stats in light of that.

Jesus Herbert Christ.

giphy.gif

The initial post involved a trade package. That quickly died and turned into Ben Simmons debate.

its whatever though. Cause now we are talking about Ben Simmons in draft thread instead of Anthony Edwards.
Seems like a simple concept, but I guess not.

Looking forward to discussing Ben Simmons stats and what he brings and doesn't bring to the table in the NBA Draft Thread.

Perhaps he can win ROTY again!!

But the discussion isn't on the 76ers playoffs or any team in the playoffs. It is on roster rebuilding, which is the entire point of the draft. You guys are having a discussion on rebuilding a roster.

Jesus Herbert Christ.
The 6ers struggles in the playoffs are partially due to the roster build because of ONE GUY masquerading as a PG. The team needs said player to be competitive even on the flawed roster

what decent teams did Ben Simmons lead teams beat? I’m not building around a guy with 3 foot range that isn’t an elite 1 on 1 player. And he won’t shoot. And he’s good for giving you 8/8/8

💯 × 💯

Sixers going to have to make a decision cause the contracts of Tobias and especially Horford are albatrosses at this point. Just only changing the coaching isn't enough.

The 6ers struggles in the playoffs are partially due to the roster build because of ONE GUY masquerading as a PG. The team needs said player to be competitive even on the flawed roster
Agreed.

But that's the point of discussing a roster rebuilding, which is a draft discussion.

Are we seriously pretending like the draft thread is literally only used for the few minutes that the draft order is released, and then brought back up on actual draft day? We're seriously pretending that potential packages to improve the 76ers roster does NOT belong in the draft discussion thread?

Agreed.

But that's the point of discussing a roster rebuilding, which is a draft discussion.

Are we seriously pretending like the draft thread is literally only used for the few minutes that the draft order is released, and then brought back up on actual draft day? We're seriously pretending that potential packages to improve the 76ers roster does NOT belong in the draft discussion thread?

its 200 page thread 90% about the prospects and mocks. It only got popping because of the lottery last night.

Agreed.

That’s more offseason that draft thread. Sixers will be there Sunday

RELAX

I wanna know where this energy was last night when there was posts about potentially trading CJ since Simons was supposed to take his spot

But since the Lakers won it’s a moot point
Interesting subject change. I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the current conversation going on about Simmons in here does not belong in the draft thread. If there are other discussions also belong in the draft thread, let's table that instead of using that to avoid the question I already asked. I didn't see a post about trading CJ, but that doesn't answer the question: How is the current discussion about Simmons not a roster rebuild discussion?

The ol' 'Twist this around to being Lakers related somehow and use that against him since hes a Laker fan' redirection.

Question still remains unanswered.

💯 × 💯

Sixers going to have to make a decision cause the contracts of Tobias and especially Horford are albatrosses at this point. Just only changing the coaching isn't enough.
It’s pretty simple. If Simmons wants to actually be a PG and get a jumper, just get rid of Horford. If Simmons wants to be a PF, get whatever you can for Tobias and Horford

Interesting subject change. I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the current conversation going on about Simmons in here does not belong in the draft thread. If there are other discussions also belong in the draft thread, let's table that instead of using that to avoid the question I already asked. I didn't see a post about trading CJ, but that doesn't answer the question: How is the current discussion about Simmons not a roster rebuild discussion?

The ol' 'Twist this around to being Lakers related somehow and use that against him since hes a Laker fan' redirection.

You didn't even know about the Draft Thread until EYE tagged you in a post about it last night.

Ben Simmons was a draft pick FOUR years ago. He currently plays for a playoff team. If trades involving him can't be discussed in the PLAYOFF thread, then it should probably go in the offseason thread.

Not in the thread that discusses draft prospects, mock drafts, etc.

Roster building isn’t just drafting. It’s offseason as well with FA. Sixers are in the playoffs currently and will be eliminated Sunday Aug 23rd. All talks about Simmons will go there.

The struggles of this team in the playoffs is because of Benjamin Simmons. That’s why he’s brought up. As the player he currently is, the team will not win without shakeup.

We have the same discussion about the Bucks and how Giannis needs moar help. Isn’t that roster construction too or no?

You didn't even know about the Draft Thread until EYE tagged you in a post about it last night.
Correct. And thank you, again.

That doesn't also give you the last word on what goes where. What's the point of showing someone the proper thread for discussion of that nature if you're going to whine about them moving posts in the thread that you showed them that they believe are of that nature?

Roster building isn’t just drafting. It’s offseason as well with FA. Sixers are in the playoffs currently and will be eliminated Sunday Aug 23rd. All talks about Simmons will go there.

The struggles of this team in the playoffs is because of Benjamin Simmons. That’s why he’s brought up. As the player he currently is, the team will not win without shakeup.

We have the same discussion about the Bucks and how Giannis needs moar help. Isn’t that roster construction too or no?

Giannis leaving literally is talked about every game because Middleton sucks as a #2, guess that belongs in the draft thread too.

Correct. And thank you, again.

That doesn't also give you the last word on what goes where. What's the point of showing someone the proper thread for discussion of that nature if you're going to whine about them moving posts in the thread that you showed them that they believe are of that nature?
I guess you have the last word then? You're literally the ONLY person championing to have this discussion in the draft thread which was going along perfectly fine until you started muddying what that thread was about by moving posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom