OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka doesn't have the most athletic looking body and has averageish athleticism (slow & steady) - both huge selling points imo because the average weekend warrior can see themselves in Luka.

I don't think Luka is being pushed, he's just a really good player. I don't think he's getting any more of a push than Dirk or Steve Nash got. He's white and obviously that's appealing but he's not American and I think there's a ceiling to his appeal for mainstream fans.

I don't think he'll ever get to that Kobe, LeBron level of popularity.

How is he NOT getting pushed?

I think black or white, American fans would rather watch American players. The ideal superstar for the NBA is a white American player who dominated college.

this isn't true either. the ideal superstar almost has to be black because he'll be accepted by all fans for his abilities. its a group of people that will go out of their way to discredit a white athlete. talk about Steve Nash and the barbershop and you'll get mixed results.

If you win and dominate your sport with some sort of charisma you will get famous. I dont think race matters when it gets to that level.

The most famous golfer is black .
The most famous womens tennis player is black.
The most famous athlete in the world is Portuguese.

Skillset, Mentality, Charisma, Market
1. Skillset: So there is an assumption that Giannis's skill-set won't improve?

2. Mentality: Explain this one. What is Luka's mentality compared to GIannis's?

3. CHarisma: Again, what are you seeing here than suggests Luka is more charismatic?

4. Market: So there is an assumption Giannis will continue to stay in MIL?

Again, my biggest issue with you and geno90221 geno90221 is pretending Giannis is 32 years old and winding down in his career.

I think black or white, American fans would rather watch American players. The ideal superstar for the NBA is a white American player who dominated college.

for white fans. But black fans? No. We gone support whoeve looks like us. Whether African, Haitian, Jamaican, black American. It don’t matter for us.

1598540400087.jpeg

If you win and dominate your sport with some sort of charisma you will get famous. I dont think race matters when it gets to that level.

The most famous golfer is black .
The most famous womens tennis player is black.
The most famous athlete in the world is Portuguese.

Caruso is actually American....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom