OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it kinda sucks tbh... im a still watch it cuz its my favorite sport but not as exciting as it once was when guys were getting posterized on the regular with dunks lol...it still happens but very rarely...the only thing i appreciate about today is the guys now are more skilled cuz they can shoot well most but not all... before it was like damb why cant they work on their jumpshot lol...

on another note i like jamal murray his game is nice and same for mitchell... this series was pretty good sucks that someone has to lose... i hope either team can pull of an upset next round
I dont disagree. Watching the NBA now makes me feel like a grandpa but it is what it is. I dont miss the 89-84 games anymore.

The shooting skills these players have now is something else. I cant deny it

MAKE. SOMEONE. ELSE. BEAT. YOU!!!

These guys are getting cooked by Jamal Murray and haven't made a single adjustment yet. They just roll Jordan Clarkson out there to get embarrassed possession after possession.

Just trap him and make him give up the ball. Force someone else to beat you. You can live with yokich and Michael Porter taking shots, not Jamal Murray shooting 60% from the field and 50% from three

Last edited:
it kinda sucks tbh... im a still watch it cuz its my favorite sport but not as exciting as it once was when guys were getting posterized on the regular with dunks lol...it still happens but very rarely...the only thing i appreciate about today is the guys now are more skilled cuz they can shoot well most but not all... before it was like damb why cant they work on their jumpshot lol...

Showing my age, but I'm old enough to remember the 98-99 Rockets with Hakeen, Pippen, and Chuck which was some of the most BORING basketball ever played :lol: So boring they implemented the 5-second post up rule cuz Chuck would back ppl down for 10 seconds every possession.

So, I will never complain about the pace of today's basketball cuz it's been a lot worse :lol:

on another note i like jamal murray his game is nice and same for mitchell... this series was pretty good sucks that someone has to lose... i hope either team can pull of an upset next round

i’d argue that the nba is even more exciting now that the entire space of the floor is being used and we’re seeing a wider set of skills on display. as good as hakeem, alonzo and ewing were, the thought of watching teams play out of the post and bigs backing down players for 20 seconds.. nahh gimme dame pulling up from the logo + giannis coming down the lane all in the same game

Showing my age, but I'm old enough to remember the 98-99 Rockets with Hakeen, Pippen, and Chuck which was some of the most BORING basketball ever played :lol: So boring they implemented the 5-second post up rule cuz Chuck would back ppl down for 10 seconds every possession.

So, I will never complain about the pace of today's basketball cuz it's been a lot worse :lol:
Wasn’t that implemented way before chuck landed in Houston ?

boring basketball was definitely mid 90s jazz and early 2000s spurs
Teams wouldn’t even crack 90pts

What historic performance from both Murray and Mitchell.

Both of them are balling out of their minds

Last season/playoffs I remember most people in here were making fun of the Nuggets for giving him that contract

These guys are getting cooked by Jamal Murray and haven't made a single adjustment yet. They just roll Jordan Clarkson out there to get embarrassed possession after possession.

Just trap him and make him give up the ball. Force someone else to beat you. You can live with yokich and Michael Porter taking shots, not Jamal Murray shooting 60% from the field and 50% from three

bring royce over to help on that trap. whoever he’s guarding is likely far less effective from the perimeter.

It’s really not that easy :lol:. Jokic on a 4 on 3 is the correct read every time. . I know y’all fan base hate the nuggets and Steph Murray - but be realistic :lol:.

As an old head who’s been watching the NBA since the late 80s, I think flagrant fouls get handed out too easily and people are a little too sensitive now about **** talking, but I don’t miss struggle offense like you saw with 90s Knicks and Heat at all. What we have now is much preferable to that.

Untitled.jpg

can someone explain why joe ingles is getting the amount of playing time that he’s getting? he’s been kcp and danny green wrapped into one person yet no one’s talkin about how he’s out there just collecting steps for his fitbit

I agree... But they have a better chance of doing something than Jazz/Nuggets. All I'm saying.

Don't know how you can see the Clippers struggle against a depleted Mavs team and expect them to roll over anybody.

it's just annoying cuz the lack of defense and when guys are on a 3-1 fast break they pull up from 3 instead of an easy shot at the basket... also lame when guys are literally under the basket but pass it to someone camping by the three point line... still appreciate that big guys can shoot now... I remember using sabonis in 2k and shooting 3s all the time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom