OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have Kemba, a great coach, and guys that have been to the ECF in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Veteran leadership and experience aren’t what they are lacking at all. They just don’t have a top 5 guy, which all of the champions in recent memory have had.

I disagree. Don’t think you necessarily NEED a top 5 guy. Spurs did it with players that been there before. So did the Mavs. Plenty of teams win 50 games yearly and don’t make the Finals. Those teams had legitimate veterans that stepped up with no top 5 guys.

You guys have neither right now. No vets that been there before, no top 5 guys. Every championship team has one or the other. Everything else checks off the box though. Window opening now. Brightest future of any East team for sure.

It was confirmed to be the Suns btw :lol:

Wonder if chicks like that get invited to the bubble .

1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. KD (only because he’s been out a year)
4. Luka
5. AD
Do you expect KD to be top 5 right off the bat?
I disagree. Don’t think you necessarily NEED a top 5 guy. Spurs did it with players that been there before. So did the Mavs. Plenty of teams win 50 games yearly and don’t make the Finals. Those teams had legitimate veterans that stepped up with no top 5 guys.

You guys have neither right now. No vets that been there before, no top 5 guys. Every championship team has one or the other. Everything else checks off the box though. Window opening now. Brightest future of any East team for sure.
You don't NEED a top 5 guy as long as there isn't a team like the Warriors around. It's a lot more wide open now.

I would be surprised if he's cooked but I would also be surprised if he was top 5 next season. He'll be good but not top 5 imo

No NBA player who’s gone through an Achilles rupture has been exactly the same after and I don’t think KD will be different. That said, he’s such a special, gifted scorer that I think he’s still going to easily put up 20+ PPG when he comes back. May not be as impactful defensively as he was with the Warriors though.

Chick went on again and said it was Book then everyone else. Definitely sounds like the suns to me.

Book def a natural leader.

img_3174.jpg

1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. KD (only because he’s been out a year)
4. Luka
5. AD

I'm a lifelong Lakers fan and an Anthony Davis Homer but he's not a top five player in the league. This isn't a knock on him, they just can't be ten top five guys. It's like when NFL fans have 15 guys in their top 10 quarterbacks list. There has to be a cut off. There are at least 7 guys better than Anthony Davis.

LeBron
Giannis
Kawhi
Harden
Curry
KD
Luka

I'm a lifelong Lakers fan and an Anthony Davis Homer but he's not a top five player in the league. This isn't a knock on him, they just can't be ten top five guys. It's like when NFL fans have 15 guys in their top 10 quarterbacks list. There has to be a cut off. There are at least 7 guys better than Anthony Davis.

LeBron
Giannis
Kawhi
Harden
Curry
KD
Luka

It pained me to not list Steph in my top 5 for the first time in at least 5 years, but our last memory of him is not top 5. worthy. I can’t put Giannis or Harden in my top 5, because neither are winners or elite leaders. Yes, I know AD is neither as well, but I gave the nod to him because he is more talented and complete than they are.

It pained me to not list Steph in my top 5 for the first time in at least 5 years, but our last memory of him is not top 5. worthy. I can’t put Giannis or Harden in my top 5, because neither are winners or elite leaders. Yes, I know AD is neither as well, but I gave the nod to him because he is more talented and complete than they are.
More complete player who can’t create offense for himself.

Giannis is better on offense and on defense.
AD just has a “prettier” game but isn’t the scorer Giannis is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom