OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are just piling on. Historically Russ has torched Dame head to head. It wasnt until very recently Dame has had good games against him.

recency bias can be a helluva drug. but i wouldn't necessarily consider what russ has done against dame as "torching"

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/damian_lillard_vs_russell_westbrook.htm

but really, we've seen that regular season stats don't add up to much come playoffs. all that matters is

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I love Russ despite his flaws, but that contract in a few years is Gonna be crippling

on another note silly me wanted PG before Jimmy (a big part for me was the injury concerns)

I apologize to String man

you prefer a guy who PLAYED (even though he was below average) or a person who never played’s, opinion?

I prefer the guy who can clearly articulate their ideas, provide interesting inspective and analysis. Obviously those who played have experiences and can provide perspective that those who didn't play can't but it doesn't necessarily make them good analysts or on-air personalities.

The legendary Howard Cosell coined the term "jockocracy" about this very thing; former players getting opportunities over experienced, trained analysts/broadcasters. It annoyed him that award winners like him were paired with athletes who barely knew how to speak into a microphone clearly. There's a big difference between being a great player who understood the game and being a good broadcaster.

Perk a clown.
In the similar vein that Trent Dilfer is a clown.

Both are journeymen bums who lucked out on a championship ring by joining the right teams at the right time.
They feel that they're misbegotten rings gives them free range to talk about anyone that plays the sport professionally.
Perk telling KD they only started winning when he got there was a top 5 "This *****" moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom