OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Nash done outside of Phoenix and MDA's system?

What has Russ done as the clear cut #1 post KD and what has Russ done as a #2 with Harden?

What has Lebron done with each team he joined and what did Kobe do with and without Shaq and didnt Steph also win a ring without KD?

The difference imo between all time greats and basic all-star players

I saw him drop 49 on the Mavs without breaking a sweat, while being guarded my much longer, more athletic defenders like Josh Howard. Like someone mentioned, that was back when the thought was "make him a scorer, "let" him score."

and that’s all good & shout out to him for that but in 12 playoff trips he averaged over 20 points twice... on top of that he’s a horrible defender.

Nash was NEVER going to lead a team to a championship, he’s great for the regular season tho

Raptors
Nuggets
Kemba only took 9 shots in 40 minutes the last game. He’s gonna be much more aggressive. I don’t think Toronto will score enough unless he’s off.

Denver gonna live & die with Jokic. Clippers (and everyone else) can’t guard him. He had 21 in the first & then let of the gas until the last several mins. If he keeps his foot on their neck, they’ll have a chance to win.

“stole” an MVP from Kobe
“Stole” an MVP from Shaq
Came back from down 3-1 against Kobe
Was super washed as a laker

I promise you **** like that really don’t matter when Kobe went on to win one & another two championships after

the Lakers/Suns thing is another one sided “rivalry” just like the Kings/Blazers/Nuggets

I don’t think Laker fans are losing sleep over a team starting smush Parker losing to the #1 seed in 7

Lakers fans and Suns fans did have quite a heated rivalry back in '05-'10. But Lakers fans always knew they'd win a chip long before the Suns would.

As much as the NBA wanted to recognize MDA and Nash for the excitement those teams brought to the game, PHX still never could reach the Finals. And Kobe got his pay back when he beat the Suns and teabagged Nash in the WCF lol.

and that’s all good & shout out to him for that but in 12 playoff trips he averaged over 20 points twice... on top of that he’s a horrible defender.

Nash was NEVER going to lead a team to a championship, he’s great for the regular season tho
lead? At the time, he was playing with Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley, and all star Josh Howard under offensive genious Don(nie) Nelson. Also played with Antoine Walker and Antawn Jamison and Nick Van Exel and probably more all stars who I cant remember

I promise you **** like that really don’t matter when Kobe went on to win one & another two championships after

the Lakers/Suns thing is another one sided “rivalry” just like the Kings/Blazers/Nuggets

I don’t think Laker fans are losing sleep over a team starting smush Parker losing to the #1 seed in 7
it might not to you but hella Lakers fans are upset with Nash because of those MVP's. Hell, I'm not a Lakers fan and I still give him dirty looks when I see him in the neighborhood, and then realize I'm just being a jerk because he's a nice guy

Nash never stole an MVP from Shaq, I hate that argument. Never felt Shaq deserved it that year. Now the Kobe one is a real argument, he was the clear MVP if the voters didn’t take record into consideration- which they used to do up until Westbrook.

Stockton and Nash were detrimental to their squads cause they refused to shoot even though they were true talent shooters. Russ is detrimental cause he's OC at times and can't shoot the long ball (or anything as of late). I'd personally go with Russ but that doesn't matter when talking about what all 3 accomplished.
So you think they were an overall DETRIMENT to their teams?

had to exit out the thread for an evening to write a paper and i come back to steve nash slander and comparisons of his impact to that of Russ'.. what in tarnations?

steve nash went thru the gauntlet of the Kobe and Spurs era and did so as a part of 50/40/90 club. meanwhile russ is turning the ball over 5+ times a game, bricking open 3s and shouting at the baby section. prime, aggressive russ is exciting to watch but comparing his playoff impact to that of nash's...

tenor.gif

I lost all respect for Russ when he was barking about how he was gunna shut down Ricky Rubio

...and then proceed to get his eyes dotted the next game.
That series was ELITE entertainment. He legitimately doesn’t care to know how to play defense, so he tried his best Lindsey Hunter impression on Rubio and had 4 fouls in the first half :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom