OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Now we can all watch it die a painful death in Mitch's hands

tenor.gif

exactly what I wrote. While no one know whether it passes the senate or not. The house believes it’s justified to give dependents under the age of 17 $2000 as well while many tax payers get 0 relief.
-Your post reads like you are saying they are sending stimulus checks to newborns, not their parents that claim them as dependents

-So your beef is that affluent people are not getting a check, because middle-class parents with dependent children are getting something for their kids?

Dude, I am not getting a check either, I don't need one, the aid should do to the people that most need it. This seems like a petty complaint when it is better policy to give higher checks to lower-income people than make than send universal checks and include high earners too.

-Your post reads like you are saying they are sending stimulus checks to newborns, not their parents that claim them as dependents

-So your beef is that affluent people are not getting a check, because middle-class parents with dependent children are getting something for their kids?

Dude, I am not getting a check either, I don't need one, the aid should do to the people that most need it. This seems like a petty complaint when it is better policy to give higher checks to lower-income people than make than send universal checks and include high earners too.
This issue is the logic behind these politicians. There is absolutely no way to determine who needs the stimulus help or not. A single father with 5 kids who earns $74k a year qualifies for a stimulus check of $12k (proposed $2k bill) yet a single father with 7 kids who makes $85k a year deserves zero help. Makes absolutely zero sense. These checks should be targeted in larger dollar amounts to those who have been truly impacted by covid.

This issue is the logic behind these politicians. There is absolutely no way to determine who needs the stimulus help or not. A single father with 5 kids who earns $74k a year qualifies for a stimulus check of $12k (proposed $2k bill) yet a single father with 7 kids who makes $85k a year deserves zero help. Makes absolutely zero sense. These checks should be targeted in larger dollar amounts to those who have been truly impacted by covid.
It doesn't make sense because that isn't how it works.

-First, we don't know if the $2000 applies to each dependent. They were raising the personal one but I have not seen clarification about the dependent amounts

Even if that were the case (which it could be)...

-The cut-off is not at 75K. Under 75K is to qualify for the full benefit.

If they are just upping the amount but keeping the cut-offs and reduction rates that are in the signed relief package..

A single father making 85K with 7 children would get MORE than one making 75K with 5 kids

So I really don't understand your complaint, because it seems like the Dems are trying to get help to people that need it.

I agree. I think the money should go to all taxpayers for that reason with no cap on income. $2k to everyone. They all pay taxes.

Under the current plan- Someone spends 20 years in school and works 60 hours a week, so they make more than $90k in a high cost of living city like NYC, you get nothing. Someone dropped out of high school and lives in Kentucky, works for McDonald's, you get a $2k reward.

I agree. I think the money should go to all taxpayers for that reason with no cap on income. $2k to everyone. They all pay taxes.

Under the current plan- Someone spends 20 years in school and works 60 hours a week, so they make more than $90k in a high cost of living city like NYC, you get nothing. Someone dropped out of high school and lives in Kentucky, works for McDonald's, you get a $2k reward.
Don't look at it as a "reward". They have to work at McDonald's and live in Kentucky. That sounds like a punishment.

What are you talking about? That single father with 7 kids should be getting child support.

He good if he live in Cali.

My boy texted me saying "they're gonna give out $2k checks." A lot of Americans about to be crushed once the news the senate rejected the bill breaks. Majority of Americans don't understand the process needed for a bill to pass.
The amount of times I had a homie say money coming cuz 1 of the 3 branches signed off or even proposed like famb read more than the headline

Back
Top Bottom