OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

I got mine today AND found $90 in my pants while I was doing quarantine cleaning

C7359EBF-5454-4620-869E-AB7E3B1195CA.gif

been working a steady job since i was 14
damn means i been in the work force for 20 years
damn im old
total amount of time ive been out of work since then
in all those years combined
has been 3 months
Im the same fam I just turned 28 and been working since I was 15. I never had more than 7-10 days off in a row..Around the new year I decided to work less hours just to have some time off.. also since I was planning on going back to school and working at the same time either during or after summer but then all this happened so I’ve been barely working since January :lol: but thankfully I still work enough and have been saving for the past 4 years

so if i do get a check
because im married and my kids
i should get 3.9k
that could be my holdup
prolly verifying my dependents or something

*knock knock*
"Hello?"
"Hello yes, sir, it is the IRS."
"Ok, how can I help you?"
"May we come inside and verify that your children are in fact human, and not just unshackled AI robots?"

*knock knock*
"Hello?"
"Hello yes, sir, it is the IRS."
"Ok, how can I help you?"
"May we come inside and verify that your children are in fact human, and not just unshackled AI robots?"
maaaaan unshackled AI robots
prolly use less electricity
than my kids
my light bill been high as hell
since they been outta school
lights always home
in the middle of the damn day
i stay yelling
"turn off that damn light
open a blind"
or
"cut off that light
if nobody in that room"
:lol:

Looks like 19 house representatives are in support of it as of now. Still a lot of haters to go through tho.

House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until economy recovers from COVID-19

• The Emergency Money for the People Act, introduced by Reps. Tim Ryan and Ro Khanna, would give $2,000 a month to Americans over the age of 16 who make less than $130,000 a year.
  • The payments would continue for at least six months and would last until unemployment falls to pre-coronavirus levels.
  • "A one-time, $1,200 check isn't going to cut it," Khanna said. "Americans need sustained cash infusions for the duration of this crisis in order to come out on the other side alive, healthy, and ready to get back to work."
Old enough to drive a car? Then you would be old enough to receive $2,000 a month under a plan introduced this week by two Democratic lawmakers in the House of Representatives.

Under the Emergency Money for the People Act, US citizens who are 16 or older — and make less than $130,000 a year — would receive cash payments from the federal government for at least six months and until unemployment falls to pre-pandemic levels.

maaaaan unshackled AI robots
prolly use less electricity
than my kids
my light bill been high as hell
since they been outta school
lights always home
in the middle of the damn day
i stay yelling
"turn off that damn light
open a blind"
or
"cut off that light
if nobody in that room"
:lol:

I literally laughed out loud at this. The truth in this statement lmfao

16 or older? wtf why they giving teenagers that much money
Looks like 19 house representatives are in support of it as of now. Still a lot of haters to go through tho.

House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until economy recovers from COVID-19

• The Emergency Money for the People Act, introduced by Reps. Tim Ryan and Ro Khanna, would give $2,000 a month to Americans over the age of 16 who make less than $130,000 a year.
  • The payments would continue for at least six months and would last until unemployment falls to pre-coronavirus levels.
  • "A one-time, $1,200 check isn't going to cut it," Khanna said. "Americans need sustained cash infusions for the duration of this crisis in order to come out on the other side alive, healthy, and ready to get back to work."
Old enough to drive a car? Then you would be old enough to receive $2,000 a month under a plan introduced this week by two Democratic lawmakers in the House of Representatives.

Under the Emergency Money for the People Act, US citizens who are 16 or older — and make less than $130,000 a year — would receive cash payments from the federal government for at least six months and until unemployment falls to pre-pandemic levels.

Can someone correct me, the stimulus is an advance of next years income tax return.
From what I’ve read no. Initially it was said that this is the language in the bill but since passing the IRS has articulated that this is not an advance and will not affect your 2020 return.

I asked earlier. It looks like social security participants will get their checks later on. So all retirees will have to wait.

Any homeless getting in on this? What about 19 year old college students who have never had a job in their lives? They're basically undocumented at this point.

I have a cousin whos never worked and is 20. Still lives at home. His parents claim him as a dependent. Would he quality?

I asked earlier. It looks like social security participants will get their checks later on. So all retirees will have to wait.

Any homeless getting in on this? What about 19 year old college students who have never had a job in their lives? They're basically undocumented at this point.

I have a cousin whos never worked and is 20. Still lives at home. His parents claim him as a dependent. Would he quality?

nope

Eligibility and General Information
Use tab to go to the next focusable element
Who is eligible?

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:
  • $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns
Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:
  • $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly
The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.
Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement, disability or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a tax return will receive a payment. This also includes those who have no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from certain benefit programs, such as Supplemental Security Income benefits.
Retirees who receive either Social Security retirement or Railroad Retirement benefits will also receive payments automatically.
Who is not eligible?

Although some filers, such as high-income filers, will not qualify for an Economic Impact Payment, most will.
Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if any of the following apply:
  • Your adjusted gross income is greater than
    • $99,000 if your filing status was single or married filing separately
    • $136,500 for head of household
    • $198,000 if your filing status was married filing jointly
  • You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return. For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent’s return.
  • You do not have a valid Social Security number.
  • You are a nonresident alien.
  • You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.

Me and several people that I’ve spoken to that haven’t received their payment all got the same “Payment Status Not Available” message. Hopefully it’s some kind of glitch/error and it will get sorted out soon.
my parents also got the message and they’re both retired and on SS.

Back
Top Bottom