OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

I asked earlier. It looks like social security participants will get their checks later on. So all retirees will have to wait.

Any homeless getting in on this? What about 19 year old college students who have never had a job in their lives? They're basically undocumented at this point.

I have a cousin whos never worked and is 20. Still lives at home. His parents claim him as a dependent. Would he quality?

Homeless probably not unless they're filing their taxes (and I doubt they're doing that). 19 year old college student depends on if they register as independent of their family or not and are doing their taxes. If their parents claim them, the parents get the additional (as the kid is claimed dependent), there won't be any double dipping.

This is based on me doing my taxes for a couple years and having some knowledge of how the system works, and more

Thanks for the breakdown. A 'child' seems vaguely worded. We'll see if my cousin gets his $500. He's technically a dependent for someone else, so he wouldn't get his own $1200. And he's never filed taxes. Dudes a bum. I guess he deserves nothing. Come tax season, he's worth about $500 in tax credits, as a dependent over 16. So his parents should be getting that, even though he's technically not a child. We shall see

I’m filling out the unemployment application and it asked if I worked April 5-11. I’m applying for it for “Job A” which I did not work those days but I did work at “Job B” which is a gig type job

I should say no right?

But it says if I did work those days my application might go through faster

Me and several people that I’ve spoken to that haven’t received their payment all got the same “Payment Status Not Available” message. Hopefully it’s some kind of glitch/error and it will get sorted out soon.
my parents also got the message and they’re both retired and on SS.
I think it’s cause they haven’t processed ours yet
Just like when u waiting on the tax return
A similar message pops up
It will update and money will be sent in waves
Just be patient

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare thanks

this was helpful too

So it looks like the $500 tax credit they get from him will be all they get. He would not be considered a child, and he didn’t file taxes. So they are out all of it. No $1200 individually and no $500 child credit. Can someone file taxes with zero income? Lol. Dude should’ve said what he sold online or on Craigslist was his income. He’s definitely not hustling correctly. He could’ve had income of $800 for years and years and would’ve gotten this $1200.
There really not letting many sectors double dip. A young kid is worth $500 plus thousands in credits. An older dependent is worth only $500 in credits and cannot get the $1200 solo. Flat out.

Thanks for the breakdown. A 'child' seems vaguely worded. We'll see if my cousin gets his $500. He's technically a dependent for someone else, so he wouldn't get his own $1200. And he's never filed taxes. Dudes a bum. I guess he deserves nothing. Come tax season, he's worth about $500 in tax credits, as a dependent over 16. So his parents should be getting that, even though he's technically not a child. We shall see
Child in their terms is a person 17 or under
Whose a dependent

The tool worked for me. I’m eligible for a payment but they don’t have my bank information. I’m going to wait for the check. :nerd:

I asked earlier. It looks like social security participants will get their checks later on. So all retirees will have to wait.

Any homeless getting in on this? What about 19 year old college students who have never had a job in their lives? They're basically undocumented at this point.

I have a cousin whos never worked and is 20. Still lives at home. His parents claim him as a dependent. Would he quality?

I thought this was for tax paying citizens only too, but how the language is worded makes it seem like every American is qualified for it as long as you are not being claimed by someone else and have a valid ssn and not making over a certain amount.

I have a friend who volunteers at a homeless shelter and they’ve been pounding the pavement trying to get homeless people to sign up via the non filers link, because supposedly they are qualified as well even if they haven’t worked in a while. On the non filers link you can put 0 as your agi enter your bank info, cash app, etc and submit it. It be a shame if they are getting homeless peoples hopes up and that’s not the case.

that led me to another convo w/ a friend, who got hundreds of thousand dollars in a life insurance payout a few years ago. She lives off that and it’s not taxable income but she does file a 1099 for interest income. According to what I’ve been told she could use the non filers link and be eligible for payment, but a person who makes over 95k doesn’t get nothing. Thats crazy to me, that’s why I legit thought only working Americans qualified for a check.

definition of dopeness definition of dopeness maybe I’ll get the cousin to try the non filers link, and then have his parents amend/re file their Taxes (not sure if they’ve filed yet) where he’s not listed anywhere.
Crazy story on the friend. I know many older hustlers are getting $60k in ssa/retirement, but manage to have 3 homes and $3 million in stock etc. I'm sure they'll get the same as the rest of us.
If this extends beyond just a one time payment, the true snakes and hustlers will find ways to move money around so that they are always under some threshold.
I feel $1200 is quite generic. Net worth should have some impact on future payments.

Me and several people that I’ve spoken to that haven’t received their payment all got the same “Payment Status Not Available” message. Hopefully it’s some kind of glitch/error and it will get sorted out soon.
my parents also got the message and they’re both retired and on SS.
yea I got this message too. I guess I’ll keep checking

this off topic but my former job sent me a letter with my 401k info. should i just cash out or keep it as is ?

this off topic but my former job sent me a letter with my 401k info. should i just cash out or keep it as is ?
If you aren't hurting for cash hold out. Check for a deadline to cash out if no penalty is available.

I hope that never happens.

lookit, automation is coming like it or not...would you really be surprised at robotic WalMart/McDs in 2022?

ESPECIALLY with at least a year solid to slowly roll it out to a society full of newly minted germaphobes.

avoidable human contact down, profitz up...search your feelings, you know it to be true.

so the choice we have is automation with UBI or automation without UBI.

I know I´d rather not need a bodyguard at the ATM in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom