OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

MY CALIFORNIA PEEPS WITH KIDS
EVEN IF U DONT GET FOOD STAMPS
THEY WILL GIVE U EBT FOR UR KIDS
$365 PER ELIGIBLE CHILD
SINCE WE GOING THROUGH THIS CRISIS

APPLY HERE

HERES SOME FAQS SO I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THEM ALL

What are ‘P-EBT’ or Pandemic EBT benefits?
Due to coronavirus (COVID 19), children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. These food benefits are called Pandemic EBT or P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits help families in California buy food when school is closed.

Who is eligible for P-EBT benefits?
Children are eligible for P-EBT benefits if:

• Their school is closed due to coronavirus (COVID 19); and
  • They are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals

How do I get P-EBT benefits?
Most families with children who receive CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply online. They will get their P-EBT card in the mail during the month of May. P-EBT cards will begin arriving around May 11, 2020 through May 22, 2020.

Families with children who applied for CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits after their school closed will get their P-EBT card in the mail before June 30, 2020.

Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do NOT get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits must apply online before June 30, 2020.

If I already got a P-EBT card in the mail do I need to apply online?
No. If you already got a P-EBT card in the mail do not apply online. Follow the instructions that came with your P-EBT card and create your private PIN number. Then your card will be ready to use.

Is my family still eligible to participate in school meal programs at COVID-19 emergency locations if we receive P-EBT?
Yes. P-EBT benefits are additional benefits that do not replace any child nutrition program meals being offered. Children may continue to receive "grab n go" meals or emergency food at COVID-19 emergency feeding sites offered by schools and community locations, even if they are receiving P-EBT benefits.

How much in P-EBT benefits will I get?
You can get up to $365 for each child who is eligible for P-EBT benefits. The total amount you will get depends on how many eligible children are living in your home.

Most families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals will get $365 for each child. If you do not get your P-EBT card in the mail and you apply before June 30th, 2020, you will get the full amount of benefits.

Families with children who applied and got CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits after their school closed, may get less than $365 for each child. This depends on when you applied for CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care.

What can I buy with P-EBT benefits?
Your P-EBT benefits can buy food at most grocery stores and farmer's markets, and to purchase groceries online at Amazon and Walmart.

Use your P-EBT card like a debit card:

• Select "EBT"
  • Swipe the card
  • Enter your private PIN number

What should I do when I get my P-EBT card in the mail?
Follow the instructions that came with your P-EBT card and create your private PIN number. Then your card can be used to buy food in most grocery stores and farmer's markets.

When is the deadline to apply for P-EBT benefits?
If you do not get a P-EBT card in the mail, you must apply online by June 30, 2020 to get P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits are only available while schools are closed due to coronavirus (COVID 19). If you did not get a P-EBT card in the mail and do not apply by June 30, 2020 you will not be able to get P-EBT benefits.

What if I applied online and haven't received my P-EBT card?
Call California's EBT customer service center at (877) 328-9677. You can reach them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How long do I have to spend my P-EBT benefits?
You can use your P-EBT benefits for one year. It starts on the date you get your P-EBT card.

If I get P-EBT benefits, will it make me a public charge?
P-EBT is a disaster emergency benefit based on free and reduced fee school meals eligibility, similar to other benefits that DHS has said would not be considered for public charge purposes. However, USCIS can consider several factors under their public charge test.

Public charge does not apply to all immigrants. If you have questions about your immigration status and this food benefit, more information is available here, including a list of free and low-cost immigration services providers.

What if I'm supposed to get a P-EBT card sent without applying, but had a recent change in address?
If you have not received a P-EBT card by May 25 AND you currently receive CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, or Foster Care benefits we may not have your most recent address. Do NOT apply online to report a change of address. Instead, you can call the EBT Customer Service Center (877-328-9677) to request a change of address beginning the week of May 25. After confirming eligibility, a new card can be issued to your new address.

Talks are still ongoing. From what is being reported, we probably won’t know until July if there will be another stimulus check. There’s even mention of some type of $450 incentive for those who are working. Details are vague on that.

I guess we're not getting a 2nd check?
tenor.gif

source.gif

since 100,000 people have unfortunately passed away in the US on this date officially today and so many more unaccounted for

what is the value the government thinks each human life lost is worth that was alive for the first 2 months of this year and is now gone today
i'm not trying to make light of this terrible situation but i would like to know

Math was never my strong point but does that come out to a $1.20 person or is that 12 cents for a $1200.00 check ?

a person's life is worth a hell of lot more

Last edited:
since 100,000 people have unfortunately passed away in the US on this date officially today and so many more unaccounted for

what is the value to the government for each human life lost that was alive for the first 2 months of this year and is now gone today
i'm not trying to make light of this terrible situation but i would like to know

make was never my strong point but does that come out to a $1.20 person or is that 12 cents for a $1200.00 check ?

a person's life is worth a hell of lot more
Come out to just a little more than 1 cent

Facts. Tho

The IRS isn’t taking your calls now. But it’s happy to take your money.
The coronavirus and the rush to get out stimulus checks have created a backlog at the IRS — even with the extended July 15 tax filing deadline.
Michelle Singletary
This time last year, the IRS was processing federal returns with few problems — nearly 138 million by the third week in May. This year, with staff sent home because of the novel coronavirus, the agency has only processed 117 million returns, down 14 percent from last year, according to the latest statistics for the 2020 filing season.

The average refund is $2,778, about the same as last year at this time.
This year’s tax deadline has been pushed back to July 15. That’s a good thing, because the agency has been preoccupied with getting out tens of millions of stimulus payments — up to $1,200 per qualified individual — through the Cares Act.
A timeline of IRS stimulus payment glitches
With just about a month and half to go, a challenging tax season will only get more stressful for taxpayers with problems that can’t be solved by going to irs.gov.
It probably won’t end your frustration, but the following list may explain why you aren’t getting the help you need right now. Here’s what the IRS can’t do because of the pandemic:
Process paper returns. The IRS is not processing individual paper tax returns. The agency says if you’ve already filed a paper return, don’t file a second one for fear the first one got misplaced. Returns received through the mail will be processed once processing centers have reopened. The IRS hasn’t told the public when this might occur. And even when the centers open, the pace of work is likely to remain super slow. Like so many other employers, the IRS must comply with social distancing guidelines, which means the processing centers may not be fully functioning for months.
Mail tax forms. The National Distribution Center, the IRS office that would normally send out forms or publications, is closed. You can, however, download most forms at irs.gov/forms.
Respond to mail or email correspondence. The IRS says don’t bother writing to inquire about your return, refund or stimulus payment. The agency doesn’t have the staff to respond to taxpayer questions.
Answer your call. The IRS has for years struggled to handle the high volume of calls from taxpayers. If you have a question about your stimulus payment, the IRS is providing live assistance. Callers must first navigate past the recorded messages. Even then, the help is very limited, often referring people back to irs.gov for answers. “It doesn’t provide direct access to someone who can check a taxpayer’s account,” said IRS spokesman Eric Smith.
Here’s what the IRS can do, and is doing, as the July 15 tax deadline approaches:
Process electronic tax returns. Even during the best of times, it’s better to file your return electronically, especially if you are expecting a refund. This year, more than 90 percent of taxpayers have filed electronically. If you are able, you can prepare your own taxes by using the IRS’s Free File Fillable Forms.
Collect taxes due. Don’t believe for a second that because the agency is not fully operational you get to put off paying your taxes. Unless the deadline is pushed out further, if you owe the IRS, you need to make an electronic payment by July 15 or have your paper return postmarked by that date. Eventually the IRS will process your paper return, and you don’t want to be hit with interest and penalties for failing to file on time and pay what you owe.
Your money and the pandemic
Provide tax transcripts. The IRS is not processing transcript requests by mail. But if you need information from a recently filed return, you can set up an IRS online account, which will give you access to the tax tool “Get Transcript.” To e-file, you may need your prior year adjusted gross income, or AGI, and the Get Transcript tool will provide this information. Once you sign into your account, click the link for “Tax Records” to view key information from your most recent tax return and download tax records.
Send refunds. If you haven’t filed and you’re due a refund, file as soon as you can and request direct deposit, which will speed up your payment.
Create payment plans. If you owe but can’t pay, you can apply online for a payment plan. You can apply for a short-term plan that gives you 120 days to pay your tax balance in full or for a long-term installment agreement that allows you to make monthly payments on your balance.
Answer the question, “Where’s My Refund?” The online service to track your refund remains available, just as it was before covid-19.

Last edited:

The IRS isn’t taking your calls now. But it’s happy to take your money.
The coronavirus and the rush to get out stimulus checks have created a backlog at the IRS — even with the extended July 15 tax filing deadline.
Michelle Singletary
This time last year, the IRS was processing federal returns with few problems — nearly 138 million by the third week in May. This year, with staff sent home because of the novel coronavirus, the agency has only processed 117 million returns, down 14 percent from last year, according to the latest statistics for the 2020 filing season.

The average refund is $2,778, about the same as last year at this time.
This year’s tax deadline has been pushed back to July 15. That’s a good thing, because the agency has been preoccupied with getting out tens of millions of stimulus payments — up to $1,200 per qualified individual — through the Cares Act.
A timeline of IRS stimulus payment glitches
With just about a month and half to go, a challenging tax season will only get more stressful for taxpayers with problems that can’t be solved by going to irs.gov.
It probably won’t end your frustration, but the following list may explain why you aren’t getting the help you need right now. Here’s what the IRS can’t do because of the pandemic:
Process paper returns. The IRS is not processing individual paper tax returns. The agency says if you’ve already filed a paper return, don’t file a second one for fear the first one got misplaced. Returns received through the mail will be processed once processing centers have reopened. The IRS hasn’t told the public when this might occur. And even when the centers open, the pace of work is likely to remain super slow. Like so many other employers, the IRS must comply with social distancing guidelines, which means the processing centers may not be fully functioning for months.
Mail tax forms. The National Distribution Center, the IRS office that would normally send out forms or publications, is closed. You can, however, download most forms at irs.gov/forms.
Respond to mail or email correspondence. The IRS says don’t bother writing to inquire about your return, refund or stimulus payment. The agency doesn’t have the staff to respond to taxpayer questions.
Answer your call. The IRS has for years struggled to handle the high volume of calls from taxpayers. If you have a question about your stimulus payment, the IRS is providing live assistance. Callers must first navigate past the recorded messages. Even then, the help is very limited, often referring people back to irs.gov for answers. “It doesn’t provide direct access to someone who can check a taxpayer’s account,” said IRS spokesman Eric Smith.
Here’s what the IRS can do, and is doing, as the July 15 tax deadline approaches:
Process electronic tax returns. Even during the best of times, it’s better to file your return electronically, especially if you are expecting a refund. This year, more than 90 percent of taxpayers have filed electronically. If you are able, you can prepare your own taxes by using the IRS’s Free File Fillable Forms.
Collect taxes due. Don’t believe for a second that because the agency is not fully operational you get to put off paying your taxes. Unless the deadline is pushed out further, if you owe the IRS, you need to make an electronic payment by July 15 or have your paper return postmarked by that date. Eventually the IRS will process your paper return, and you don’t want to be hit with interest and penalties for failing to file on time and pay what you owe.
Your money and the pandemic
Provide tax transcripts. The IRS is not processing transcript requests by mail. But if you need information from a recently filed return, you can set up an IRS online account, which will give you access to the tax tool “Get Transcript.” To e-file, you may need your prior year adjusted gross income, or AGI, and the Get Transcript tool will provide this information. Once you sign into your account, click the link for “Tax Records” to view key information from your most recent tax return and download tax records.
Send refunds. If you haven’t filed and you’re due a refund, file as soon as you can and request direct deposit, which will speed up your payment.
Create payment plans. If you owe but can’t pay, you can apply online for a payment plan. You can apply for a short-term plan that gives you 120 days to pay your tax balance in full or for a long-term installment agreement that allows you to make monthly payments on your balance.
Answer the question, “Where’s My Refund?” The online service to track your refund remains available, just as it was before covid-19.

daaaamn, not to be greedy and ish, but that looks like IF YOU SENT IN A PAPER RETURN........DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH.

my state taxes i had to pay got cashed in 6 days, m'fers didnt wait like they makin us

THANKS for the article

So I jus woke up to another $2400 In my account. I had already received a stimulus about 3 weeks ago. It was the full amount tho. Me snd my wife plus 3 kids. This jus seems to b me and the wife...Wonder why? Buuut I ain’t mad either lol

So I jus woke up to another $2400 In my account. I had already received a stimulus about 3 weeks ago. It was the full amount tho. Me snd my wife plus 3 kids. This jus seems to b me and the wife...Wonder why? Buuut I ain’t mad either lol

If it's a mistake on they're part I've read a couple of articles saying you are legally allowed to keep any over payment. Dont quote me but look for some resources online. I cant find the article but some dingus got over a million dollars deposited and gave it back. In the article the IRS said any overpayment is they're fault and would not need to return the money. They will however be looking for payments to deceased people to be returned. Maybe someone in here know more, but if you got lucky dont give it back unless you know you HAVE to.

damn

jelly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom