OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

There’s a bunch of jobs available. People just don’t want to work because of the extra federal payment which isn’t much to begin with. I think they extend it till the end of year, most likely an extra $300-350 since they want to give people $450 to go back to work. I will say that many of you are in for a rude awakening when millions of people enter the job market all at the same time. I recommend those unemployed to continue collecting unemployment but find a job field that you would like to work in and start offering to work for free. Get a foot inside the door. Many companies may not agree to this but you’d be surprised how many would.

I've applied for jobs 3+ times a week, not one call back from warehouse jobs, work from home, to retail. When theres 40 million or so looking for work its gonna be a touch job market no matter what field you're looking for. Even my brother in law who is district manager for a major restaurant said they're not hiring, they still have furloughed employees they still cant bring back management included, and he'd hire me on the spot if he could. I run my own contractor business and the extra money from unemployment still doesnt cover what I'd make if I could go back to 2019. You're right about most people not wanting to go back to work but they're also making more sitting at home than they would be working (not the case for me), but most jobs even available are PT or temporary why would someone give up their benefits to take an even lesser paycut that may not even last? Work for free and risk catching the virus? 🤣🤣🤣 I'd rather rob a bank. And now with the spike in states (Texas in my case) I'd imagine even less are hiring. Most big office companies still have employees working from home or furloughed, and still laying off people. My aunt is concerned now she might be laid off, because she's paid so much, they've already informed her law firm expect big layoffs before the end of the month for high paid employees companies are realizing they dont need half the staff they originally had.

There’s a bunch of jobs available. People just don’t want to work because of the extra federal payment which isn’t much to begin with. I think they extend it till the end of year, most likely an extra $300-350 since they want to give people $450 to go back to work. I will say that many of you are in for a rude awakening when millions of people enter the job market all at the same time. I recommend those unemployed to continue collecting unemployment but find a job field that you would like to work in and start offering to work for free. Get a foot inside the door. Many companies may not agree to this but you’d be surprised how many would.

Work for free lol ? They def extending the unemployment benefits half the country is seeing a huge rise In cases . Everyone on unemployment is making 800 a week while most of the job that are hiring are min wage which u would most likely make 500 or less working the 40 hours . Government gotta pay up **** that . Only a couple states are going back to normal and who knows how long that’s gonna. Last .

Food for thought here in Texas, as of Thursday, the agency’s job site lists more than 577,000 jobs right now and nearly three-million resumes have been uploaded.

that work in Texas page is so trash. I put my resume on there. I’ve gotten so many unsolicited calls and emails from scam b2b, strictly commission door to door sales scam jobs. And most the stuff on there is low paying junk jobs.

I was one of the dummies that unchecked the box at the end. I did the application again, but I got an email this morning that my duplicate application is being withdrawn and they’re only gonna process the first one. :angry:
I got played smh. I’m really losing out on 1k cause of a unchecked box that shouldn’t even have been there in the first place. :ohwell:

I've applied for jobs 3+ times a week, not one call back from warehouse jobs, work from home, to retail. When theres 40 million or so looking for work its gonna be a touch job market no matter what field you're looking for. Even my brother in law who is district manager for a major restaurant said they're not hiring, they still have furloughed employees they still cant bring back management included, and he'd hire me on the spot if he could. I run my own contractor business and the extra money from unemployment still doesnt cover what I'd make if I could go back to 2019. You're right about most people not wanting to go back to work but they're also making more sitting at home than they would be working (not the case for me), but most jobs even available are PT or temporary why would someone give up their benefits to take an even lesser paycut that may not even last? Work for free and risk catching the virus? 🤣🤣🤣 I'd rather rob a bank. And now with the spike in states (Texas in my case) I'd imagine even less are hiring. Most big office companies still have employees working from home or furloughed, and still laying off people. My aunt is concerned now she might be laid off, because she's paid so much, they've already informed her law firm expect big layoffs before the end of the month for high paid employees companies are realizing they dont need half the staff they originally had.

My job as I said asked me to come back and I told them I’ll see you in July. There was no incentive for me to return. Not even a bump in pay. Yet you want me to deal with the ****s on top of my health being at risk (I’m asthmatic).

Everyone case is different but I can buy my own food (they was buying my staff pizza for their hard work) and I don’t need a pat on the head.

*edit*

Nevermind I just put my real name for legal name on the app. Hope it goes through this time.

Last edited:
I was one of the dummies that unchecked the box at the end. I did the application again, but I got an email this morning that my duplicate application is being withdrawn and they’re only gonna process the first one. :angry:
I got played smh. I’m really losing out on 1k cause of a unchecked box that shouldn’t even have been there in the first place. :ohwell:
Same here b. You try calling the number and asking to delete both and start the process over?

so yall independent contractors just listing yourselves as the business name? my wife teaches dance classes w/ a 1099.... trying to file for her right faat

How long until yall got an email? I filled it out Friday morning and nothing yet. Not even a received email I was looking for haha

so yall independent contractors just listing yourselves as the business name? my wife teaches dance classes w/ a 1099.... trying to file for her right faat

I did. Not sure if anyone else did, but worked for me. I assumed whatever is attached to your tax form, be it business name or given name should be what I used. My 1099 has my given name.

Crazy how they opened the EIDL. Truthfully, ANYONE could apply under those pretenses as a "gig worker, independent contractor, or sole prop". Wild. Glad yall were able to get some of the seemingly endless pile of cash lol.
If I did Uber for One weekend, or sold $300 total on eBay, and $200 on Craigslist, the amounts don’t Matter right? I’m a independent contractor? Even if my income never dipped because of this? And ebay didn’t give me a 1099? This sounds too good to be true.

If I did Uber for One weekend, or sold $300 total on eBay, and $200 on Craigslist, the amounts don’t Matter right? I’m a independent contractor? Even if my income never dipped because of this? And ebay didn’t give me a 1099? This sounds too good to be true.
Technically yes youre an independent contractor however if you never reported this income, that’s “fraud”. However the likelihood of the SBA auditing millions and millions of applications of $1000 is highly unlikely. If I’m you, I apply for the grant. Worst comes to worst, you would need to file an amendment for the unreported income which may be more beneficial. It’s not as simple as just returning the $1k, as far as the IRS will be concerned. But again, the likelihood of them auditing for $1k is low.

Yup. Get that bread homie

My entire income is 1099. My girl has a tiny bit of income via a 1099 bit we both got the $1k

Back
Top Bottom