OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

I'm late to the convo but if you plan on living anywhere that's worth living no way your living on 52k. Maybe after taxes and your significant other makes the same with yall share expenses ect but nah. The dollar ain't worth a crap thanks to Nixon 😤

Last edited:
I’m 32 lol. But yea I get what a lot of y’all are saying but it’s highly dependent on location and what you’re looking for.

I’ve been in the DMV all my life so that’s what I’m used to. Buying a house in the last 5-8 maybe 10 yrs I know you’re not seeing $1100 or close to that without a hefty down payment.

And since we’re saying “average” mortgage I assume we’re talking about an “average” property? 3bd 2.5ba?
I want to say my cousins mortgage is about 1100-1400 a month he lives in NW dc..he got his house through the naca program in 09

Can we all remember that this argument all started because some obviously uneducated Ft. Lauderdale bumpkin made the ludicrous claim that $52k pre-tax should be fine anywhere in the country. If that amount works for you, GREAT! But some people worked hard to earn much much more, and live accordingly. But because of the pandemic they’re now getting much much less, while bills are still the same. That’s not a great situation and it isn’t their fault.

I ain’t gone even do you dirty as I planned. I’ll take the high road. You got that

Last edited:
Sorry. I keep forgetting NT lives in Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, etc..

That really changes the dynamic
Michigan ain’t cheap tho in the burbs. Can’t associate the cheap stuff in Detroit and warren because those areas exist near every big expensive city’s and or areas

you’re paying for the area, my girl looking at a $450k condo right now

condo bro

prices are crazy for brand new houses and condos by me

It just jokes pa, you the one who tossed up the lob.

Can always tell when dudes insecure about they situation when they take comments personally for no reason. :lol:

Word to dude who bounced out trippin over someone saying 52K aint enough some places, that started this evening's tangent

I definitely ain’t bounce. I went to sleep... you know. People do have lives. People do go to work still.... ain’t gone waist keyboard strokes all day like some of you.

Michigan ain’t cheap tho in the burbs. Can’t associate the cheap stuff in Detroit and warren because those areas exist near every big expensive city’s and or areas

condo bro

That’s because u by them rich folk. The suburbs closer to the city half that for a nice crib.

Man stop it, wtf y’all ****** from talking about 52k a year aint ****? 1 stack a week outside the top major cities u can live comfortably if it’s just u. Then talking about living in the boonies or around nothing.... my ***** if u got a car u can move 15-20min out from the city and be good.

And a 1100 mortgage seem right to me on a 130-150k crib in most places. I can tell y’all dudes come from money because if a single person not in a NY/Cali can’t make it off a stack a week u living far out ya means.
52k a year is about 25-27/hr, taxes withheld, etc...... But HEY, That’s not enough to live!!! $25/hr ain’t s***........ according to NT :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aaaaaaaand this is the crux of the argument. That privilege is showing :lol: a single person can def live off a stack a week but it dont include a lot things that people who rent storage units for sneakers consider essential. Not saying it's wrong but perspective will tell you it is what it is.

Last edited:

condo bro

correct. There are some nice inexpensive areas in michigan suburbs. I live in birmingham though lol. it's plush. fancy. artsy. and extra costly. Paying for location, architecture and zip codes. And also the neighbors. Quite a few of my neighbors are athletes from one of the teams. Or high level executives in one of the industries; or Doctors, Lawyers, etc. Wealth typically picks Birmingham or Bloomfield Hills to call home.

correct. There are some nice inexpensive areas in michigan suburbs. I live in birmingham though lol. it's plush. fancy. artsy. and extra costly. Paying for location, architecture and zip codes.
Wait do you really? I’m in downtown every weekend pretty much

my girl was looking at some spots on the east side of bham near big rock chop house. Nice up and coming area and more family oriented but that **** is so damn expensive. One out of friends just moved over there, beautiful place and neighborhood but the price:sick::sick::sick::sick:

Wait do you really? I’m in downtown every weekend pretty much

my girl was looking at some spots on the east side of bham near big rock chop house. Nice up and coming area and more family oriented but that **** is so damn expensive. One out of friends just moved over there, beautiful place and neighborhood but the price:sick::sick::sick::sick:
Oh yea, I know that area. Yea in that part, people typically buy the smaller homes and tear them down and build bigger. The home owners know that, so housing prices are around 1mil for quite a few of the little *** cribs.

where do you go in dtown? 220? rose? I go, well, I went to Hyde park fairly often before covid hit. Love it for dinner. Toast for breakfast. etc.

correct. There are some nice inexpensive areas in michigan suburbs. I live in birmingham though lol. it's plush. fancy. artsy. and extra costly. Paying for location, architecture and zip codes. And also the neighbors. Quite a few of my neighbors are athletes from one of the teams. Or high level executives in one of the industries; or Doctors, Lawyers, etc. Wealth typically picks Birmingham or Bloomfield Hills to call home.
Oh u a rich *****. We don’t even drive thru that mfer. The closest I come is downtown royal oak every blue moon.

the teardowns go for a mill where you live?

im good. rather spend half for a mansion in the country and spend the leftover visiting hah but im not a city cat. Thats why I live at the beach. cpl short hours I can be at the inner harbor or in DC clubbin

Oh yea, I know that area. Yea in that part, people typically buy the smaller homes and tear them down and build bigger. The home owners know that, so housing prices are around 1mil for quite a few of the little *** cribs.

where do you go in dtown? 220? rose? I go, well, I went to Hyde park fairly often before covid hit. Love it for dinner. Toast for breakfast. etc.
220, luxe, market, especially Churchill’s I’m a regular there before Covid was there 1-2 times a week. I’ve gone a few times since everything opened back up but likely not gonna be going there that much til things cool down if ever

man I just was at Hyde park Saturday night for dinner :lol:

:smokin
1AAB6420-6427-4D68-9A94-62D6B41010D8.jpeg

$52K/year before taxes on Long Island affords you a bedroom in a shared living space or a studio apartment (if you REALLY wanna be a baller) with virtually no ability to save money. That's a "survival" salary out here.

Back
Top Bottom