OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Still a bit confused on the increase of Child Tax up to 3k (3.6 for children 6 and under). Is this for the 2021 tax year (2022 file year)? With half of the credit in direct payments coming from IRS over the span of 7/21 - 12/21. I’m understanding that correctly?

Still a bit confused on the increase of Child Tax up to 3k (3.6 for children 6 and under). Is this for the 2021 tax year (2022 file year)? With half of the credit in direct payments coming from IRS over the span of 7/21 - 12/21. I’m understanding that correctly?
Yes that is correct. Supposedly it’s no longer monthly payments, rather it’s referred to as “periodic” payments. Not sure exactly what that means.

What’s the deal with that irs gig worker threshold bill they might’ve passed last second? I’ll maybe push $1,000 in ebay sales (not enough for their $20k/200 transaction limit. Now I hear it’s $600? On top of their 15% fees and slow usps shipping, they want to get me for selling crap I no longer want?

What’s the deal with that irs gig worker threshold bill they might’ve passed last second? I’ll maybe push $1,000 in ebay sales (not enough for their $20k/200 transaction limit. Now I hear it’s $600? On top of their 15% fees and slow usps shipping, they want to get me for selling crap I no longer want?
eBay went from easy money to tax liability :lol: I just can’t with them anymore. I’d rather list on Craigslist

Illinois and some other states recently passed a new tax bill
Now if you sell anything over $1k or more than 3-4 transactions you get issued a 1099
I was surprised when paypal sent me a 1099 for my sales on goat for last year
Uncle Sam is racking in tax money from shoe sales
A single pair of shoes is getting taxed 3 times now

Last edited:
Now if you sell anything over $1k or more than 3-4 transactions you get issued a 1099

Once it’s taxed the first time, that should be the only time.

I also still do not have mine, 2/13 Filer. From what I read, mine is taking a bit longer because I had a son this year, added him to my tax return to get the extra money I missed out on for him.

I need it ALLLLLLLLLlll

Once it’s taxed the first time, that should be the only time.

I thought I read somewhere as long as it wasnt anything more than $20k in sales you wont have to pax taxes? Also read from somewhere that one should atleast put aside 10-15% from each sneaker resale sale for taxes. Im really uneducated regarding this. Can anyone chime in?

6DBC9D1C-BAFE-4235-8C12-958679CE0CC1.jpeg

98CCF341-FAF1-45AB-93C4-40594489D123.jpeg

94923D22-D9FD-46B4-8F2D-DEA3DA5742FA.jpeg

3CC9536E-5F09-4E95-8083-4203AD915B08.jpeg

472808E4-3071-41D5-AA2D-40A249EA75C3.jpeg

So where we at with it now? I thought we were waiting on Sleepy Joe to sign it. Looks like that’s delayed

So where we at with it now? I thought we were waiting on Sleepy Joe to sign it. Looks like that’s delayed
House approved a version

Senate approved a different version.

House needs to approve the Senate version. Vote tomorrow I believe.

If house approves, then it goes to Biden.

I'm all for taxation in a stable, healthy society but seeing the national response to this I get why folks are not tryna hand Sam a fn dime.

tenor.gif

for me i'd be happy with a higher tax rate, if said tax revenue was in turn used for additional benefits that DIRECTLY impact taxpayers.

(i.e lowering cost of healthcare/universal healthcare, infrastructure investments which would create mad traffic but pay out long term plus countless jobs created, lowering education cost thus making it more accessible which ultimately leads to more educated people who make better decisions in terms of voting/life but also allows them better-paying jobs which increases the populations overall buying power......using some tax revenue to somehow lower the cost of living so that people can afford to live comfortably, not just float with their nose above water).

stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom