OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most cases there they should aim for the thigh pad

But it's Utah, and they usually play along the edges of Physical and dirty, so who knows

That is such a cringe worthy tackle attempt on so many levels. I get all leagues wanted to eliminate the 'killshots' over the middle but now you increase the opportunities for hits like these.

Dirty? To me 'dirty' implies that player had a preconceived plan to end that players career. I wouldn't say that or hope that.

That to me is AWFUL and dangerous technique. I hate that guys on just about every level now don't keep their heads up to see what they are hitting. Guys drop their heads and blindly throw a shoulder. Not only is that dangerous for the recipient but the hitter really exposes themselves to taking the crown of their helmet and jamming it on some body part thus injuring the neck and spine. Every week across every level of football I see players getting 'truck sticked' because they don't wrap up. As a ex-DB it drives me CRAZY.

IMO, the aiming point should always be the waist. I would rather a guy miss the waist and hit the thigh pad than miss the thigh pad and hit the knee.

Was this a dirty hit? Resulting injury might be season ending. They did the exact same thing to another receiver a little later. Wouldn't it still be a hit on a defenseless receiver?

this is a tough one. I dont believe there was any intent to hit him where he did. He was probably going for the thigh.

But in this day and age where hitting high will get you tossed, what else can they do?

This is the exact type of play I get worried about when it comes to London.

Gronk missed a year because of this same type of hit. I dont think you can change the rules.

I don’t think it was completely dirty. It seemed like he was anticipating to hit the receiver in the thigh pad area at first and just timed it wrong with when he landed. The sad thing is they’d rather have a hit like that and potentially end a season/career over hitting someone high

It begins. Rattler would be an idiot to transfer to OSU. No way he beats out Stroud or Ewers. He just needs to transfer to Arizona or Arizona State and call it a day.

10654763.jpeg.jpg

Only time I recall seeing an injury I thought was faked was Notre vs UGA a couple of seasons back. An upperclassmen tugged on another dudes uniform and then he went down...right after we hit a couple of big plays. ****.

Only time I recall seeing an injury I thought was faked was Notre vs UGA a couple of seasons back. An upperclassmen tugged on another dudes uniform and then he went down...right after we hit a couple of big plays. ****.
In the infamous game where FIU beat Miami, FIU spent the entire 4th quarter faking injuries to an embarrassing extent, it somehow made the loss even worse.

not a got damn chance he goes to tOSU. That person has to be confused with Oklahoma State.

My first thought was Arizona for him.

Nah he can go elsewhere. He wouldn’t beat out Ewers. Hell he probably wouldn’t beat out stroud at this point

Isn’t the NCAA hammer going to strike down on ASU soon?

It should be Ole Miss for Rattler. Maybe LSU if they can get Brady to come back, or if they hire Lane.

Would say a lot about Rattler if Lane stays in Oxford and chooses Altmeyer (who I was a big fan of out of HS) over him

Rattler can’t cut it in the Big 12, I find it very hard to believe he would do much better at an SEC school like Ole Miss.

💯💯💯

If he can't cut it as a multiple year starter at Oklahoma, the most talented team in their conference by far, playing under arguably the best QB developer in the nation (he turned Jalen hurts into an NFL starter) against bad Big 12 defenses I doubt he's cut out to play Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M every week.

He's basically had every advantage possible at Oklahoma and he's been ordinary at best. I'm sure a lot of top 25 schools will take him and a heartbeat based on his talent and reputation as the number one QB in his class but I think his days as being viewed as a superstar are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom