OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
4CAA6D16-596E-4AAE-AA0A-9C840F836634.jpeg

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi

I’ve come all the way around on the coach over recruiter, scouts and booster money, and NIL, can recruit at a school like USC while Aranda coaches.

He’s fine as long as he hires a staff with some recruiters on it. It becomes a problem when you don’t like it, don’t have a staff that is good at it either (Mullen at UF for example).

I’ve come all the way around on the coach over recruiter, scouts and booster money, and NIL, can recruit at a school like USC while Aranda coaches.
I think the days of “school X recruits itself” are over. We see again and again that if you don’t put in the work you’re gonna underperform in that aspect.

USC gotta have enough built-in pull of its own to offset that, right?

He would win there.

USC has a good recruiting support staff that we didn’t have during the time of Carroll, Kiffin, sark, or even Helton until Bohn was hired. But even then, some of our staff are coaches first and recruiters second (if ever) and it’s why we can produce on the field and pump out draft picks and pros at certain positions but still can’t recruit that position worth a damn. Part of that was because Helton had a strict “no cheating” rule so we couldn’t touch some kids we would have gotten otherwise like Thibodeaux, and missed on some other kids late, but most of the issue is effort. Helton was a good recruiter but a lot of his assistants were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom