OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these numbers are true Riley cashed out. Even though that California tax bill gonna be hitting compared to the peanuts he was paying in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma republicans thinking they’re connecting to the average fan and owning Riley

so he’s willing to burn 6 figures to get out of Norman? :lol:

california-love-dance.gif

He’s typically out talented in those matchups with the SEC so I don’t really blame him. He’s taken that program as far as they can really go given the constraints with academics.

Oh yeah for sure. They’ve had some of the tougher bowl matchups every year

LSU is a better job undoubtedly, but Domers complaining about their academic standards is cope. They recruit the same exact kids that Michigan, OSU, and PSU do.

LSU is a better job undoubtedly, but Domers complaining about their academic standards is cope. They recruit the same exact kids that Michigan, OSU, and PSU do.

And that amounts to 2 National championships in the 21st century. Both by OSU.

in what sense?

I’m Curious why y’all think so
Talent, you basically right of first refusal of everything coming out of Louisiana. And DBs, WRs, & linemen flock there.

Money isn't an issue.

Football is the most important there thing ahead of any standards and morals.

3 the past head coaches have won a natty there.

In Brian Kelly's 12 years at Notre Dame he has a overall record of 92-40(21 wins vacated).

His record in notable areas/vs certain teams:

Ranked Teams 21-23
Navy 9-2
USC 8-3
Stanford 5-6
Michigan 3-4
Clemson 1-3
SEC 3-4
Bowl 5-5

Notable Ls

2013 lost BCS Championship against Bama 42-14
2016 lost season opener to a unranked Texas team, ND were ranked 10th.
2018 lost CFP semifinal to Clemson 30-3
2020 lost ACC championship to Clemson 34-10
2021 lost CFP semifinal to Alabama 31-14

Brian Kelly is getting old and has been there for 10 years...the time was right for him to move, especially for that money. He knew he probably reached his ceiling at ND so time to move to a school that might get him that championship in the last chapter of his career.

Winning a championship in CFB is not easy unless you are Saban. But LSU is the only school in this century to win 3 with 3 different coaches so I can see the appeal for anyone that wants the job.

In Brian Kelly's 12 years at Notre Dame he has a overall record of 92-40(21 wins vacated).

His record in notable areas/vs certain teams:

Ranked Teams 21-23
Navy 9-2
USC 8-3
Stanford 5-6
Michigan 3-4
Clemson 1-3
SEC 3-4
Bowl 5-5

Notable Ls

2013 lost BCS Championship against Bama 42-14
2016 lost season opener to a unranked Texas team, ND were ranked 10th.
2018 lost CFP semifinal to Clemson 30-3
2020 lost ACC championship to Clemson 34-10
2021 lost CFP semifinal to Alabama 31-14
Only one I’m surprised at is his record vs Stanford because post-Luck it’s been a running game and not a ton of success. Kelly has a much better standing than Orgeron did coming into the job but it feels like a really, really weird fit.

in what sense?

I’m Curious why y’all think so
Recruiting: They have access to better instate talent for one. Indiana has no remarkable in-state talent. They get the in state kids with no other real regional rival. They border Texas and are close to Florida. ND has to go to California and other national states for their kids and then they have to get kids who would pass the required math class.

Rankings: they get the SEC bump

Admin and Boosters: they care about nothing but beating Alabama in football and will do whatever it takes to win. They’re hiring Brian Kelly in the middle of federal title IX investigation for goodness sakes. That alone to him shows their commitment to football above all. One of the rumored reasons Kelly left ND is he’s been beefing with the school over facilities and spending and they’re not aligned in direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom