OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

UVA transfer, was a rimington finalist IIRC.

We just took Bobby Haskins from UVA too yesterday and I think they lost another lineman. Also saw they’re losing a bunch of staff. Elliot is gonna have a rough start out there.

———

N41D N41D any chance Rashaad Samples would jump? Rumor SC hired a good recruiting RB coach and people are trying to guess who it is.

Yo must have had a super late growth spurt or was absolutely terrible on the court for him not to be hoopin at any level :lol:
They said he’s a former basketball and baseball player who settled on football. They had clips of him throwing a football from the goal line over the bleachers and out of the Nevada stadium

N41D N41D any chance Rashaad Samples would jump? Rumor SC hired a good recruiting RB coach and people are trying to guess who it is.
To go West? I wouldn’t think so given no real ties to Lincoln - but also wouldn’t be surprised.

Is it true they may have like 50k fans coming? Someone on rivals was saying that
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a big fan turnout for a number of reasons:

1. They did for the Pac 12 CG

2. The state of Utah has been pretending for the past 2 years that there's no COVID pandemic so they're not going to exercise any travel precautions

3. This is probably the biggest game in program history (even bigger than their '05 Pitt and '09 Bama BCS bowl wins) because they're coming off their first P5 conference championship and they're going to their first Rose Bowl which has been kind of a grail for the fanbase and Whittingham.

4. Speaking of, there's been a lot of smoke since last summer that Whittingham is going to retire after this game. It's an open secret that he's been discussing the idea with his staff and the admin. They want to be there for the greatest coach in their program's history's swan song if that's what it turns out to be.

5. They're Utahns and there's literally nothing else going on. They don't drink or party so they're not going to be hung over from NYE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a big fan turnout for a number of reasons:

1. They did for the Pac 12 CG

2. The state of Utah has been pretending for the past 2 years that there's no COVID pandemic so they're not going to exercise any travel precautions

3. This is probably the biggest game in program history (even bigger than their '05 Pitt and '09 Bama BCS bowl wins) because they're coming off their first P5 conference championship and they're going to their first Rose Bowl which has been kind of a grail for the fanbase and Whittingham.

4. Speaking of, there's been a lot of smoke since last summer that Whittingham is going to retire after this game. It's an open secret that he's been discussing the idea with his staff and the admin. They want to be there for the greatest coach in their program's history's swan song if that's what it turns out to be.

5. They're Utahns and there's literally nothing else going on. They don't drink or party so they're not going to be hung over from NYE.

Meanwhile :lol:

Thought y'all traveled well?

They typically do but I think it’s due to covid and a lot of them think it’s title or bust.

Me personally, I think the rose bowl is overrated. Like Bobby Layne Bobby Layne said above. I also think bowl tie ins ruined it for me. Typically always PAC/B1G matchup, blah.

So, how exactly is Michigan going to move the ball on UGA?

Wonder what their gameplan is going to be.

I guess to be honest the same goes on the other end, with Michigan's DE's and UGA playing Bennett

Last edited:
So, how exactly is Michigan going to move the ball on UGA?

Wonder what their gameplan is going to be.

I guess to be honest the same goes on the other end, with Michigan's DE's and UGA playing Bennett
You don’t think they can bring their Michigan State gameplan to the Orange Bowl? It’s not like they have to score a ton of points and I trust their offense more than I do Stetson Bennett’s.

Is Georgia given too much credit? They don't have a single win against a Top 15 team and failed their biggest test when the lights were brightest. Meanwhile, Michigan has two Top 15 wins in their last two games and put up 84 points in the process while only giving up 30.
Certainly possible

You don’t think they can bring their Michigan State gameplan to the Orange Bowl? It’s not like they have to score a ton of points and I trust their offense more than I do Stetson Bennett’s.
Didn't really watch that game too much. What was their approach there? 1 on 1 balls to the WRs?

I definitely trust their offense overall more than Stetson Bennett, but those UGA TE's are a problem

Certainly possible

Didn't really watch that game too much. What was their approach there? 1 on 1 balls to the WRs?

I definitely trust their offense overall more than Stetson Bennett, but those UGA TE's are a problem

If I remember correctly two plays killed Michigan against State.
1. I believe it was 4th down and they went man press against State. Thorne threw a perfect pass to Reed that got them to first and goal.
2. Second was when Jim went to his two QB rotation and McCarthy and the RB fumbled a zone read exchange.

If Jim would have kept McCarthy in the whole game Michigan would have won. State, for the most part couldn't stop them at all and McCarthy was on it.

Is Georgia given too much credit? They don't have a single win against a Top 15 team and failed their biggest test when the lights were brightest. Meanwhile, Michigan has two Top 15 wins in their last two games and put up 84 points in the process while only giving up 30.

This.

Not saying UGAs defense isn’t good but we saw what happened when they played a team whose offense has a pulse. Michigan’s offense may not be as talented as Bamas but they can certainly move the ball. I’m more interested to see how UGAs offense fairs against Michigan’s defense

From what I remember a lot of short quick passes that Michigan's receivers would try to take for longer runs. I don’t think they’d really established Haskins yet.

On defense 2 high safety’s to take away any deep shots but they couldn’t stop Walker on the ground. I think that’s something they’ve improved on since then too.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne can correct me if I’m off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom