OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Todd Monken confirmed it’s not because of injury, they just chose bennett over JT for this season?

Surely this won’t ever turn out to be a big deal right? atlsfinest atlsfinest

UGA is great, but they aren’t without flaw.

Michigan can absolutely win that game. Someone’s gonna have to make a big play on offense - and I’d bet on McNamara over Bennett all day long.

The amount of people (on rivals) melting down over the Buckeye players sitting out is glorious. Can’t believe those guys don’t want to risk potential injury (and millions of dollars) to play in a meaningless bowl game :lol:

Georgia is favored because Michigan is a much better matchup for Georgia in Alabama. Not only does Georgia have an overall talent advantage, but Michigan's style of play caterers better to what Georgia defends well.

Michigan is a run first team with a game manager at QB and good, but not dynamic receivers. I think the big determinant in this game will be if Georgia can stop Michigan's running game. If Georgia can make Michigan one-dimensional and force them to pass the bowl ( like they have against every opponent they played) then they will win this game.

Chicken can get the running game going, create one-on-one matchups with the receivers and put points on the board. They have a good chance of winning. Winning. The key to being Georgia is a dynamic passing game and putting points in a board to put pressure on Stetson Bennett to score.

I’m going to assume UGA doesn’t have an inept moron running the defense who refuses to load the box when Michigan runs it over and over and over again down their throats

Word to my buckeyes

I’m going to assume UGA doesn’t have an inept moron running the defense who refuses to load the box when Michigan runs it over and over and over again down their throats

Word to my buckeyes

Georgia has played some very good rushing offenses this season and has shut them down. The key to Georgia's rush defense is being able to defend the run with even numbers. Georgia has the best interior line rotation in the country. It will be interesting to see how Michigan's Joe Moore award-winning offensive line holds up. That's the key match up to the game.

If you allow Georgia to just game manage their way through the entire game, they'll almost certainly win. The only team that hurt Georgia this year is Alabama with their explosive, dynamic passing game.

UGA is great, but they aren’t without flaw.

Michigan can absolutely win that game. Someone’s gonna have to make a big play on offense - and I’d bet on McNamara over Bennett all day long.

I don't know why, they're basically the same player. They're both game managers who are completely reliant on establishing the run to win a game.

Michigan runs the ball a higher percentage of the time than Georgia. Michigan's offense is based around the thing that Georgia does best, stopping to run. If the game comes down to either quarterback, dropping back and passing to win, the opposing team will win.

Last edited:

I don't know why, they're basically the same player. They're both game managers who are completely reliant on establishing the run to win a game.

Michigan runs the ball a higher percentage of the time than Georgia. Michigan's offense is based around the thing that Georgia does best, stopping to run. If the game comes down to either quarterback, dropping back and passing to win, the opposing team will win.

I've seen Stetson Bennett tank enough over the last two years against good teams and defenses that I'm not betting on him to win me anything.

Reactions: MVP
1D6AD2C6-021A-4F25-851E-FF49CC0A9E8C.jpeg

507D1AD0-4445-4B5A-8D95-B0E3AB950F09.jpeg

B6E099EC-2157-41A6-9565-5E48C370B9F8.gif

The game plan for Michigan should be to play with some tempo and keep Davis on the field for as long as possible, he’s limited as a pass rusher, and a lot less effective against the run when’s he’s gassed. If they are going to run the ball on UGA, that’s how it’s going to be done.

I know UGA’s secondary didn’t look all that great against Bama, but MSU’s is trash. I think the receiving core as a group has certainly improved as the season has gone on, but I still think Michigan’s best chance to win is doing what they’ve been doing which is pounding the rock and taking big shots when they can. I think they can run the ball on UGA, they just need to be creative with how they do it.

On D I like the Dax Hill-Bowers match up for Michigan, it’s Pickens who scares me.

Leach :lol:

They still owe me for 2009, the last time they won nine games, so maybe they'll deliver the check," Leach said earlier this month. "So we'll see what happens [at the Liberty Bowl]."

Leach, who has a law degree from Pepperdine, is still fighting that legal battle a dozen years later -- and he doesn't seem ready to quit anytime soon. He has offered to settle with Texas Tech for $2.4 million, which would include an $800,000 longevity bonus he was set to receive the day after he was fired, plus about $1.6 million in other incentives he said he was owed.

Leach, 60, was the winningest coach in Texas Tech history with 84 victories from 2000 to 2009 when he was fired.

"It's indisputable they owe me the money, no one can dispute that," Leach told ESPN on Monday. "When it comes to the money, they don't just owe me the $2.4 million. They actually owe me for four more years, but I've always said that I'd settle for the $2.4 million and an acknowledgement that I didn't do anything wrong

Question? Havent been to a cfb game in a long time and just git tickets to the oklahoma vs organ game tommorow would it be considered tacky to wear my texas tech gear? Its a bowl game so not in either teams city (f ou)

Question? Havent been to a cfb game in a long time and just git tickets to the oklahoma vs organ game tommorow would it be considered tacky to wear my texas tech gear? Its a bowl game so not in either teams city (f ou)

Always thought it was weird when people did this, personally.

From what I remember a lot of short quick passes that Michigan's receivers would try to take for longer runs. I don’t think they’d really established Haskins yet.

On defense 2 high safety’s to take away any deep shots but they couldn’t stop Walker on the ground. I think that’s something they’ve improved on since then too.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne can correct me if I’m off
To be fair, not many teams can stop Walker. He certainly earned the Walter Camp and Doak Walker Awards.

The game plan for Michigan should be to play with some tempo and keep Davis on the field for as long as possible, he’s limited as a pass rusher, and a lot less effective against the run when’s he’s gassed. If they are going to run the ball on UGA, that’s how it’s going to be done.

I know UGA’s secondary didn’t look all that great against Bama, but MSU’s is trash. I think the receiving core as a group has certainly improved as the season has gone on, but I still think Michigan’s best chance to win is doing what they’ve been doing which is pounding the rock and taking big shots when they can. I think they can run the ball on UGA, they just need to be creative with how they do it.

On D I like the Dax Hill-Bowers match up for Michigan, it’s Pickens who scares me.
I'm old enough to remember when Steve Spurrier employed the shovel pass that caught Bama's vaunted defense off guard repeatedly in the '93 SEC Title Game. I'm hoping Harbaugh uses something to that extent against UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom