OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before the game, I don't know why you had more faith in McNamara than Bennett. They're essential the same QB. They're game managers who rely on the running game to open up plays for them. The moment Michigan got down two possessions, the game was over because the Michigan QBs don't have the capability of throwing to win If they are behind or if the running game gets shut down.

Stetson has been very efficient this year in large part because he's played from a head and practically every single game. The only game where we were off schedule was the Alabama game and we saw how that went. Michigan wasn't able to get UGA out of their comfort zone and they just let Stetson and the Superior UGA athletes have their way.
The game was over the minute it became obvious Michigan wasn’t going to be able to generate an ounce of pressure on Bennett. Did not at all expect that to be the case.

But they couldn’t move the pocket at all.

As much as nako xl nako xl wants to fight SEC/SEC being a “regional viewership” the numbers turn him back to Fake News Nako.

Can you even turn him back to that when he hasn’t been Nakodamus for about 10 years now? Can’t even call him Fake News Nako now because it’s basically an oxymoron at this point.
dacomeup dacomeup and I are in agreement over the purpose of the playoff being to draw in more viewers who might otherwise have been disinterested. He’s summarizing what I posted.

And yes it’s pretty ******* regional. Viewership for those games in large markets like New York will do fine regardless but not AS WELL as it could do with new/more regionally exciting teams like Michigan in the game. You don’t think ESPN who owns the playoff is aware they could be making MORE money?

Good one with the attempted fake news Nako pile on though. I’m sure MVP and atls will give you bonus points regardless. Still NYE is over so maybe put down the sparkling moonshine. It’s got you struggling to read what seemed like pretty simple posts.

dacomeup dacomeup and I are in agreement over the purpose of the playoff being to draw in more viewers who might otherwise have been disinterested. He’s summarizing what I posted.

And yes it’s pretty ****ing regional. Viewership for those games in large markets like New York will do fine regardless but not AS WELL as it could do with new/more regionally exciting teams like Michigan in the game. You don’t think ESPN who owns the playoff is aware they could be making MORE money?

Good one with the attempted fake news Nako pile on though. I’m sure MVP and atls will give you bonus points regardless. Still NYE is over so maybe put down the sparkling moonshine. It’s got you struggling to read what seemed like pretty simple posts.
If ESPN is aware they could be making more money why do the same 5 teams keep making the playoffs year after year? You don’t think they have any pull in that room to persuade an actual change with some of the teams we’ve seen fall at 4/5/6?

They’re perfectly happy with the same **** year after year. They’re regularly pulling overnight ratings in the high teens for semifinals averaging a 20 point blowout every year. And they pulled crazy ratings the last time the regional SEC/SEC championship happened.

Sorry I struck a nerve, happy new year man.

Cant we all just get along and enjoy a good start to 2022 with the annual "Notre Dame getting WAXXED in their Bowl Game" game this afternoon?

(Yes I know Notre Dame has won their non-CFP games pretty consistently but **** em anyways)

There's absolutely MORE money to be made (for everyone, not just ESPN/ABC) by expanding the playoffs.

More bowl games that actually mean something is better for everyone.

Someone earlier tagged it “well at least we made the playoffs” but that’s narrow and shortsighted.

There’s a reason professional leagues all have like half their teams getting in.

Keep more people invested for longer is the goal. Bowl season no longer does that. They tried to expand the number of bowls and it’s been counterproductive because more games combined with the playoffs made the old “big” bowls less meaningful.

ESPN and the playoffs need to cater to fans like me. Fans of all of the teams that they have picked and will pick. I believe they are missing out by not focusing on us.

Because no one else is getting alerts for the emoji reactions you’re giving my older posts to get my attention, I’ll leave it with this atlsfinest atlsfinest :

7117A5F8-0DA9-43EB-A8CE-7997063F938F.jpeg

Like I said yesterday, it’s
1. Apparent you didn’t realize that actual human polls factored into the BCS, and
2. That those same voters (including monetarily interested coaches) were gaming the system to get the matchups that benefited their conferences.

The BCS wasn’t some infallible, unbiased, and objective ranking system. There’s no point continuing arguing with you about this.

Because no one else is getting alerts for the emoji reactions you’re giving my older posts to get my attention, I’ll leave it with this atlsfinest atlsfinest :

7117A5F8-0DA9-43EB-A8CE-7997063F938F.jpeg

Like I said yesterday, it’s
1. Apparent you didn’t realize that actual human polls factored into the BCS, and
2. That those same voters (including monetarily interested coaches) were gaming the system to get the matchups that benefited their conferences.

The BCS wasn’t some infallible, unbiased, and objective ranking system. There’s no point continuing arguing with you about this.

Huh? The human poles have always been a portion of the BCS formula. I never claimed that it wasn't. All I said is that the BCS formula would have had the same top seven as the CFP playoff committee shows which would have gave us Michigan versus Alabama in the BCS title game.

Your argument that "all rankings are manipulated and they all suck?". There is no purely objective way to measure college football teams and humans will always play a part in any ranking system.

has a college football player ever won national titles at two separate schools?

Derion Kendrick ( UGA starting corner who transferred from Clemson) has played in his fourth CFP, this will be his third national championship game and he has the opportunity to win his second national title.

Edit: never mind, found out that Jake Coker won a national championship at FSU and Alabama

Last edited:

Strong boomer take here.

Dudes are wild.

Unrelated to bowl games: Starting to be some strong whispers that A&M is honing in on DJ Durkin as their next defensive playcaller. Will likely have a co-DC tag alongside Tyler Santucci. He's a sack of **** human being - hoping it's not true.

Elijah Robinson likely to get a pay raise and an assistant head coach tag.

Huh? The human poles have always been a portion of the BCS formula. I never claimed that it wasn't. All I said is that the BCS formula would have had the same top seven as the CFP playoff committee shows which would have gave us Michigan versus Alabama in the BCS title game.

Your argument that "all rankings are manipulated and they all suck?". There is no purely objective way to measure college football teams and humans will always play a part in any ranking system.
My argument is that the committee doesn’t set the rankings in the order in which it thinks the teams are. They didn’t rank UGA #1 and Michigan outside the top 4 all year then suddenly think UGA is better than Michigan. They are picking TV matchups. We’ve seen them do this before.

I’m also not saying all rankings are manipulated and suck. I’m saying that if we had a system where we could only get 2 teams competing for the national championship, like the BCS, then human pollsters would not allow those two teams to be Alabama vs. Michigan. It would have been Alabama Vs. UGA again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom