OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone explain to me the Will Levis hype? I watch a lot of SEC football but nothing I've seen from Levis screams top 10 pick. Think some of these draft experts just find big, white QBs with decent arm talent and put them in mock drafts for the heck of it. I feel like he's another media creation like Daniel Jones and Mitch Tribisky.

It’s the tools, and he’s played in a offense that a bunch of teams are running in the NFL.

As a fan of QB needy team I wouldn’t want to spend a 1st on him, but it’s certainly conceivable he could take another step in his development.

He should be the guy at PSU rn.

Heard [Edit: a lot of CFB stars] got bagged up recently. To keep said stars in town.

The only explanation for Darnell Washington staying at Georgia is that we cut him a fat check. Frankly, if I'm trying to go to the NFL after this year (as I know he is) I would still transfer if I were Darnell Washington.

As of now, Darnell behind definitely Brock Bowers and most likely behind Arik Gilbert on the depth chart. Georgia also brought in another one of the best tight ends in the country in the 202 cycle, Oscar Delp. Delp actually led the team in receiving during the spring game.

no matter what size bag Darnell Washington got, he’s playing the wrong position :lol:

Thought Gilbert is playing WR?

The only explanation for Darnell Washington staying at Georgia is that we cut him a fat check. Frankly, if I'm trying to go to the NFL after this year (as I know he is) I would still transfer if I were Darnell Washington.

As of now, Darnell behind definitely Brock Bowers and most likely behind Arik Gilbert on the depth chart. Georgia also brought in another one of the best tight ends in the country in the 202 cycle, Oscar Delp. Delp actually led the team in receiving during the spring game.
Not just that but a lot of schools were trying to tell him he's playing out of position and needs to switch to DE.

Not just that but a lot of schools were trying to tell him he's playing out of position and needs to switch to DE.

Maybe 3-4 DE, I don’t think he’s got the kind of athleticism at his size to be a true edge guy.

He needs to just accept he’s a OT and go get that bag. Even if he doesn’t play particularly well, raw guys with his kind of upside get overdrafted at OT all the time.

no matter what size bag Darnell Washington got, he’s playing the wrong position :lol:

Thought Gilbert is playing WR?

At first I didn't agree with you guys but I'm starting to believe that Darnell should move to OT. Look at a guy like Trevor Penning who gained almost 100 lbs in college and went in the first round. Darnell is too slow and plodding to play TE at the next level. The NFL is trending more towards flex tight end/WR hybrids and away from big, slowe likes like Darnell. He's better suited gaining 25-30 lbs and playing OT. Not to mention that the best tackles get paid more than the best tight ends.

Only issue is that he couldn't play OT at Georgia because we already have two five star tackles (Jones and Mims) and multiple top 100 tackles on the roster

Arik Gilbert is listed as a wide receiver and I think he eventually wants to play wide receiver. He was completely away from football for an entire year and the rumor was that his weight ballooned to 300 lbs.

Looks like he's around 265-270 and the coaches want him to be closer to 240 before they even consider playing him at receiver.

Also, both Darnell Washington and Brock Bowers were injured in the spring so they needed Gilbert to play tight end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom