OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

At first I thought it was satire but there is a three-page thread on that message board and they're dead serious. They genuinely believe that Dabo Swinney is one of the only "read Christians" in college football and that is why people hate him (because he is a self-righteous, a**hole)

Last edited:

At first I thought it was satire but there is a three-page thread on that message board and they're dead serious. They genuinely believe that Dabo Swinney is one of the only "read Christians" in college football and that is why people hate him (because he is a self-righteous, a**hole)

So Moontiger = aepps20 aepps20 confirmed.

So Moontiger = aepps20 aepps20 confirmed.
smiling-nodding.gif

N41D N41D I asked about the Braxton Myers kid and why he’s not being hotly pursued by Texas schools and got the response that Baylor, Texas ,TCU and SMU are all still recruiting him. And that Riley and OU were on him hard when he was there.

Haynes is a Georgia legacy and I would love for him to play for the dawgs but he should 1000% take the baseball money if he gets drafted in the first couple of rounds.

If he can navigate his way through the minor leagues and on to an MLB roster, he'll be better off than just about any running back in the NFL.

MLB benchwarmer >>> starting NFL running back

Not College football related but this reminds me of all the entrance tunnel theatrics that USC was doing before Alabama beat them by 30 🤣

Seeing Chris Paul get absolutely demoralized in a game 7 at home almost made me cum in my pants. Seeing Spencer ******* Dinwiddie take it all the way (after not showing up in the playoffs at all) took me there.

**** that. We came out and took it to them boys. They didn't know what hit them those first 4 possessions.

atlsfinest atlsfinest Post the entrance from the 2008 blackout game.

The funny thing is that this is my first time seeing a lot of this broadcast footage because I was at this game. It was a junior in college at the time. Still one of the wildest tailgates I've ever attended

CA-SB 1401 will change college football forever (if it passes)

"Senate Bill 1401, named the “College Athlete Race and Gender Equity Act,” cuts right to the heart of the collegiate model and the ideals of amateurism. SB 1401 would require California schools to share 50% of annual revenues in football and men’s and women’s basketball with the athletes, initiating a new era of “pay for play” — and what college sports leaders fear would be a doomsday scenario for athletic departments that currently use profits from revenue sports to fund their non-revenue sports programs.

The bill has passed through the Senate education and judiciary committees and now sits with the appropriations committee, which will weigh its budgetary impacts before deciding whether it will move onto the Senate floor or die. That announcement will come Thursday at the committee’s annual “suspense hearing” — a fitting name because anyone plugged into the college sports industry should be watching the result closely." -J. Brady McCullough, LA Times

Football and Basketball players would be given a fund that would be fed with a percentage of half of their sport's income at the end of the financial year. These athletes would have access to a maximum of $25k of this fund per year with the rest being made available once the athlete finishes their degree. If an athlete does not finish their degree within 6 years of enrolling at a California university, the remaining money is forfeit. Because the money is directly tied to rewarding a pursuit of higher education, California schools would NOT forfeit their amateur status and would remain NCAA eligible.

This bill would be a life raft for underperforming programs like Cal, Stanford, and UCLA, a leg up for programs like SDSU, SJSU, and Fresno State, and a throne for USC.

If this bill passes, the average USC player stands to make approximately $800k after finishing their degree (about $200k per year) and would immediately forfeit that money if they transferred out of state.

Recruits will be offered financial security in exchange for the academic cooperation, transfers will be HEAVILY incentivised to remain in California, players that aren't guaranteed first round NFL money will want to stay and finish their degrees, and, despite what jealous programs will say, it would be 100% ethical and in the pursuit of a noble cause (raising graduation rates in the state).

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-05-16/nil-college-sports-california-bill-ncaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom