OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are y'all ranking the best collegiate QB's or the best NFL QB prospects?
I was doing college QBs. I have no idea what the nfl thinks is a good QB.

They drafted Walker #1 overall and I just learned last week, the nfl doesn’t consider the SDSU punter who was blasting 80 yard bombs a good punter because he kicks it too far.

I’ve given up trying to predict what nfl teams want.

Y’all stay trying to be too sophisticated and smart for your own goods.

“He was a top 10 QB nationally as a freshman with only 5 starts and in a better conference, but I feel confident to say he WON’T be a top 5 guy this year as an undisputed starter in a weak conference! Bet on that!”

****ing Slovis and Dart looked like first round picks with these receivers Vs this comp.

Utah is the best team in the pac. Oregon is not good enough to consistently punish goofy stuff.

See: they lose to David Shaw and Justin Wilcox/Herm Edwards every year.

nako xl nako xl it's already getting defensive and it's only May. 🤣

No one is saying that Caleb is garbage. We all recognize his talent and I think he will be one of the best QBs in the nation next season, just don't see him in the top 5. That's not some type of enfront. He's an Uber talented player who has a lot to clean up.

I'm glad you're confident in your guy though

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl it's already getting defensive and it's only May. 🤣

No one is saying that Caleb is garbage. We all recognize his talent and I think he will be one of the best QBs in the nation next season, just don't see him in the top 5. That's not some type of enfront. He's an Uber talented player who has a lot to clean up.

I'm glad you're confident in your guy though
I think you’re missing my point. I think he’s a top 5 talent, but I have no idea what he’ll look like. I said the same thing about Bryce and Stroud going into last year and Ewers going into next.

Criticizing a kids mechanics and decision making when he got exactly 5 games of starter reps in practice in his true freshman season is silly.

Bryce Young had more fumbles than TDs as a true freshman, and there were similar bad takes. **** I remember someone in here, I think the same Texas fan, saying Bryce was too small and wasn’t it midway through the Florida game.

If we’re ranking college QBs, then what puts Caleb 2 for you? I know nako xl nako xl is trolling so I won’t even respond to his list :lol:

Talent and probably a little bit of projection on my part too as well.

I like Stroud but I don’t think he’s nearly as talented as Fields and he’s had a loaded receiving corps with a coach who does a very good job of scheming guys open. Maybe I’m not being fair to the kid but I kind of question how’d he fare in another situation.

I also don’t think this current crop of college QB’s is all that great and I think there’s a considerable drop off after Young tbh. Which is why I lean towards talent.

If we’re ranking college QBs, then what puts Caleb 2 for you? I know nako xl nako xl is trolling so I won’t even respond to his list :lol:
200.gif

Y’all stay trying to be too sophisticated and smart for your own goods.

“He was a top 10 QB nationally as a freshman with only 5 starts and in a better conference, but I feel confident to say he WON’T be a top 5 guy this year as an undisputed starter in a weak conference! Bet on that!”

****ing Slovis and Dart looked like first round picks with these receivers Vs this comp.
Go back and look at his numbers against Kansas, Baylor, ISU and OSU.

I think you’re missing my point. I think he’s a top 5 talent, but I have no idea what he’ll look like. I said the same thing about Bryce and Stroud going into last year and Ewers going into next.

Criticizing a kids mechanics and decision making when he got exactly 5 games of starter reps in practice in his true freshman season is silly.

Bryce Young had more fumbles than TDs as a true freshman, and there were similar bad takes. **** I remember someone in here, I think the same Texas fan, saying Bryce was too small and wasn’t it midway through the Florida game.

Now you are changing the argument. We went from talking about the top five college QBs and now you have pivoted towards a talent argument. I believe that Caleb Williams is a top five talent, probably a top three talent that was never what we were discussing.

I think Young is your clear number 1 with Stroud #2 with 3-5 being 3 out of the group of Leary, Williams, Hartman, Van **** and maybe McCall as it stands at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if someone threw Rattler (the kid is still very talented) or Armstrong in there.

I don't really see it with the Levis kid, at least at that elite level that some are trying to throw on him.

As always the season will playout and things will change. If Williams or Rattler go crazy I can see them rising. Do Leary or TVD capitalize off of last year or do they regress after losing their #1 targets? Ewers could factor in if he fulfils his HS hype. Then there will always be someone who seemingly comes from nowhere and puts up major numbers. I know OSU is a WR factory but they did just lost two 1st round WR's, is the transition seamless this year (esp losing a kid like Olave)

Last edited:
If we can’t base anything negatively on the kids mechanics because it’s only 5 starts, why are we to believe he’s a top 5 talent based off those same 5 starts?

I think he will be fine in that conference but the argument is kinda funny.

Go back and look at his numbers against Kansas, Baylor, ISU and OSU.
So go back and look at the true freshman's numbers against the 3 best teams/defenses on their schedule, two of which are tops nationally? And are we about to argue about struggling vs. Kansas, Texas fan?

For the record, against OK State (arguably the best defense in the country last year) he threw for 252 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and had a 56 yard run evading a sack that I remember. I wonder if you even really watched that game...

Now you are changing the argument. We went from talking about the top five college QBs and now you have pivoted towards a talent argument. I believe that Caleb Williams is a top five talent, probably a top three talent that was never what we were discussing.
He had 1,912 yards passing, 21 TDs 4 INTs, 442 yards rushing 6 TDs in 6.5 games. And he missed Tulane, Western Carolina, Nebraska, WVU, and Kansas.

What would his stats have looked like if he had those cupcake warmup games? 3500 yards, 40 TDs passing , 600-700 yards 10 TDs rushing? That look top 5?

Last edited:
If we can’t base anything negatively on the kids mechanics because it’s only 5 starts, why are we to believe he’s a top 5 talent based off those same 5 starts?

I think he will be fine in that conference but the argument is kinda funny.
Serious question: What's wrong with his mechanics? witnesskb24 witnesskb24

Or are you just accepting what the homer Texas fan, you've all questioned in other instances, said about an OU player because it's convenient for the purposes of the argument?

I think Young is your clear number 1 with Stroud #2 with 3-5 being 3 out of the group of Leary, Williams, Hartman, Van **** and maybe McCall as it stands at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if someone threw Rattler (the kid is still very talented) or Armstrong in there.

I don't really see it with the Levis kid, at least at that elite level that some are trying to throw on him.

As always the season will playout and things will change. If Williams or Rattler go crazy I can see them rising. Do Leary or TVD capitalize off of last year or do they regress after losing their #1 targets? Ewers could factor in if he fulfils his HS hype. Then there will always be someone who seemingly comes from nowhere and puts up major numbers. I know OSU is a WR factory but they did just lost two 1st round WR's, is the transition seamless this year (esp losing a kid like Olave)
I agree fully.

Throw Dart in there somewhere too.

Serious question: What's wrong with his mechanics? witnesskb24 witnesskb24

Or are you just accepting what the homer Texas fan, you've all questioned in other instances, said about an OU player because it's convenient for the purposes of the argument?

I didn’t say anything’s wrong with them. Hence why I said I think he will be good. I’m asking why you are saying he’s going to be top 5 based off 5 games but they can’t say anything negative? Or are you just saying that as a Homer USC fan because it’s convenient?

I didn’t say anything’s wrong with them. Hence why I said I think he will be good. I’m asking why you are saying he’s going to be top 5 based off 5 games but they can’t say anything negative? Or are you just saying that as a Homer USC fan because it’s convenient?
1. Because his 90.3 passing grade this season ranked second-best by a Power Five true freshman quarterback in the PFF College era (Trevor Lawrence in 2018 was #1.)

2. Because the person who started this whole argument, projected him as being a disappointment by reason of his throwing off his back foot a lot, throwing a lot of jump balls, and atlsfinest atlsfinest referenced him needing to clean things up.

If that's true, I'd say it may have to do with the fact he only had a handful of starts his true freshman year against top defenses nationally, and he also missed his HS senior season due to covid. So maybe, just maybe, a kid who hadn't played football for two years would be rusty. IMO arm strength, running ability, decision making ability project more to future success than poor timing with receivers he's never practiced with and sloppy mechanics do to failure. One can be repped and cleaned up, but you're not repping velocity and speed.

IF what justincredible7 justincredible7 said is true. Which is why I asked you, because you talked about mechanics: DOES he have bad mechanics? What have you seen on tape? 21 TDs and 4 INTs?

3. Bobby Layne Bobby Layne I told you no matter what I said it'd be met with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom