OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told myself I wasn’t gonna engage your nonsense anymore but I’ve got time today cuz the wife is driving while we’re headed outta town…

If Jimbo is average, what’s Sark? Honest question.
Unproven I never come on here talking about Sark like he is the next Bear Bryant. Jimbo is not that guy sorry pal

He was good. I felt like yall used the wrong RB on that crucial short yardage play in the Championship game
Nah most of us are fine using Lendale, but we should have had reggie on the field as a decoy at least. Put him in motion or something. Without him out there it was obvious to everyone watching what the playcall was. Kiffin with the brain fart of all brain farts.

Unproven I never come on here talking about Sark like he is the next Bear Bryant. Jimbo is not that guy sorry pal
Unproven. :lol: So Jimbo’s average. “Same record as Sumlin!”

Wait for it…

Jimbo overall - 117-37 (.760)
Sumlin overall - 95-63 (.601)
Sark overall with two blue blood jobs and a drinking problem - 51-42 (.548 )

1654354573268.gif

You don’t get to be “unproven” 100 games into your head coaching career. Call a spade a spade, brother.

And I don’t wanna hear nothing about being the OC at Bama cuz it matters zero.

N41D N41D question: why does Jimbo keep recruiting running QBs when most of his success has been with pocket passers?
He’s kinda been all over the place in what he’s recruiting… King and Stowers are athletes that can’t throw. Calzada and Holstein - then Max Johnson - were throwers that can’t run. Weigman is a mix of both.

He wants to and has been doing a bunch of RPO stuff for a few years now. They did a ton of it with Mond and that last year they were really versatile offensively and could attack people a few different ways. It’s why I’ve kept saying I don’t totally buy that the issue is that he’s not trying to modernize…

He’s not running the crazy high speed spread most people are doing and he’s never going to… But he’s also not running the ancient dinosaur scheme people keep harping on. I’d more argue he’s trying to do too much and hasn’t given them a chance to just survive by dumbing things down to a few things they do well.

The problems they’ve largely had for 4 years now are receivers that can’t separate and quarterbacks that can’t push the ball downfield. It’s been every bit as much a talent issue as it’s been anything else.

Unproven. :lol: So Jimbo’s average. “Same record as Sumlin!”

Wait for it…

Jimbo overall - 117-37 (.760)
Sumlin overall - 95-63 (.601)
Sark overall with two blue blood jobs and a drinking problem - 51-42 (.548 )

1654354573268.gif

You don’t get to be “unproven” 100 games into your head coaching career. Call a spade a spade, brother.

And I don’t wanna hear nothing about being the OC at Bama cuz it matters zero.
I like how y'all Ags like to bring up his issues with drinking. Alcoholism is a real and nothing to play with. Your past 2 coaches wasn't better than our last coach.

This is a weird thing to decide to tweet about tonight, weeks after that scum bag posted something in Instagram, got the typical reaction you’d expect from both sides, hasn’t been admitted, and the whole thing died out.

But narratives and stuff, I guess.

This is a weird thing to decide to tweet about tonight, weeks after that scum bag posted something in Instagram, got the typical reaction you’d expect from both sides, hasn’t been admitted, and the whole thing died out.

But narratives and stuff, I guess.
Bomani said college station makes Oxford Mississippi look like Paris, France 😂😂

Bomani said college station makes Oxford Mississippi look like Paris, France 😂😂
I would guess his Hollywood *** hasn’t been to College Station within the past 5-10 years. It’s completely different now than the cow pasture/Eastern European prisoner camp I attended from ‘07-‘11.

Bo’s been complete *** since he joined ESPN. Not sure I’ve heard one complete self-thought out opinion from him since he joined that team like we used to prior to ESPN. I wonder if he’s still Gunna’s Messiah.

I would guess his Hollywood *** hasn’t been to College Station within the past 5-10 years. It’s completely different now than the cow pasture/Eastern European prisoner camp I attended from ‘07-‘11.

Bo’s been complete *** since he joined ESPN. Not sure I’ve heard one complete self-thought out opinion from him since he joined that team like we used to prior to ESPN. I wonder if he’s still Gunna’s Messiah.

Our guy tmay407 tmay407 has the knives out to defend College Station. :lol:

If I'm a college kid I'd much rather be in Oxford than in College Station

I've only been there once and it was terrible but this was back in 2015.

"I was last there almost a decade ago and it was terrible!" is a goofy metric. And I'd bet it's even longer than that for Bomani.

It's a rural college town. Almost all of the SEC is. Other than Nashville, Oxford is the best SEC campus/city in the conference by a comfortable margin.

Tuscaloosa, College Station, Athens, Auburn, Knoxville ... They're all kinda the same. Fayetteville, Columbia and Starkvegas are the bottom of the barrel.

Can you expound on this?

I mean Right Time canceled, he had High Noon canceled in 2020. Game Theory literally lost 80% of the viewership from the show aired before it on HBO (I think it’s statistically one of the lowest viewed shows on HBO ever). Every sports show points out racism in sports (as they should) which is super prevalent today, but that’s literally all Bomani talks about anymore

I mean Right Time canceled, he had High Noon canceled in 2020. Game Theory literally lost 80% of the viewership from the show aired before it on HBO (I think it’s statistically one of the lowest viewed shows on HBO ever). Every sports show points out racism in sports (as they should) which is super prevalent today, but that’s literally all Bomani talks about anymore
The Right Time comes on 3 times a week. High Noon just wasn’t a good show. Game Theory already got picked up for a 2nd season, and it was a pretty damn good first season of a show. Disagree that racism in sports is “literally all Bomani talks about anymore”, but I was expecting a more nuanced critique of him than all he talks about is racism. Numbers obviously aren’t going to be the best way to judge a show like this one, IMO. He’s one of the best out in terms of commentary with respect to issues around sports.

I think Bomani's viewership suffered most of maybe any major sports commentator from "stick to sports" culture.

Issues around sports? He's wonderful. ACTUAL SPORTS - he's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom