OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the others they'd probably reference are Ponder and Manuel (and Mond?)
He had a run of Russell, Ponder, Manuel, Jameis. And before that he had 3 guys at LSU make all-SEC teams... He did pretty decent work with what Mond was.

My general feeling at first glance over his time at A&M is it's less a coaching issue and more a talent evaluation issue. He just kinda doesn't seem to know what he wants.

He had a run of Russell, Ponder, Manuel, Jameis. And before that he had 3 guys at LSU make all-SEC teams... He did pretty decent work with what Mond was.

My general feeling at first glance over his time at A&M is it's less a coaching issue and more a talent evaluation issue. He just kinda doesn't seem to know what he wants.
I'm gonna just put it out there... Y'all shoulda gone and gotten Slovis or JT :nerd:

Nah we've met our quota of spare white guy QBs that can't play at a high enough level to matter. He might be in that group, but I'd rather just actually see if King can play.

It's about to be WeigmanSZN anyways.

The Darren Rovells of the world taking Day’s comments and using them as an example of why NIL is unsustainable is hysterical.

That money isn’t coming from the schools. It’s not coming from other athletic programs. It’s not taking away literally one single dollar from the bottom line of these ADs.

I could just as easily argue this saves schools money over time. Instead of paying massive buyouts and double paying huge coaching salaries, have your boosters spend on talent to fix the issues or at least better prepare the next guy.

Instead of paying Sumlin or Malzahn $20M+ to sit at home or coach somewhere else, $5-10m for elite talent over a class or two to better equip them seems like a steal.

The NFL Draft is underway. Jacksonville, you’re on the clock.

Commish: “With the First Pick of the 2023 NFL Draft, Jacksonville selects, Stetson Bennet, University of Jawja.”

Don't shoot the messenger. Yall could have did better yall overpaid for a average coach
I told myself I wasn’t gonna engage your nonsense anymore but I’ve got time today cuz the wife is driving while we’re headed outta town…

If Jimbo is average, what’s Sark? Honest question.

It's funny how Texas A&M seems to be filling the role that Georgia was in for so long. The school with all the resources that has been kind of close but hasn't gotten it done (although Georgia has been a lot closer). Even the coaching situation seems similar. Remember all the "Kirby Smart is just Mark Richt 2.0" people would point towards the similar records?

It's funny how Texas A&M seems to be filling the role that Georgia was in for so long. The school with all the resources that has been kind of close but hasn't gotten it done (although Georgia has been a lot closer). Even the coaching situation seems similar. Remember all the "Kirby Smart is just Mark Richt 2.0" people would point towards the similar records?

It is pretty similar. Though I think A&M got boosted in higher regard because of the Manziel vs Bama game, people thought they’d win a natty at some point after that. Both programs made pretty big name hires though. UGA was always right there but could never get over the hump (Bama). Jimbo gotta do something though, for what he’s making and the classes he’s got, they won’t accept 8-4 much longer (nor should they)

It is pretty similar. Though I think A&M got boosted in higher regard because of the Manziel vs Bama game, people thought they’d win a natty at some point after that. Both programs made pretty big name hires though. UGA was always right there but could never get over the hump (Bama). Jimbo gotta do something though, for what he’s making and the classes he’s got, they won’t accept 8-4 much longer (nor should they)
Almost all Jimbo’s problems so far point back to quarterback play.

God love Mond, he was just limited with his arm. We shouldn’t be entering Year 5 with question marks at quarterback with a guy whose trademark it’s supposed to be.

Almost all Jimbo’s problems so far point back to quarterback play.

God love Mond, he was just limited with his arm. We shouldn’t be entering Year 5 with question marks at quarterback with a guy whose trademark it’s supposed to be.

I don't think it's just a quarterback issue. It's an overall offensive philosophy issue. Georgia used to get crap (and still does get crap) running an antiquated offense when Texas A&M is just as bad.

You don't get brownie points for running an overly complicated, quarterback unfriendly oftense. Jimbo needs to step into the 21st century offensively

I don't think it's just a quarterback issue. It's an overall offensive philosophy issue. Georgia used to get crap (and still does get crap) running an antiquated offense when Texas A&M is just as bad.

You don't get brownie points for running an overly complicated, quarterback unfriendly oftense. Jimbo needs to step into the 21st century offensively
Not gonna happen, but need to get rid of “yes man” Dickey and bring in someone with fresh offensive concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom