OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Texas board?
The 247 one. This post is from today and not the one I'm referencing, but:

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.16.02 AM.png

He said he feels confident not that we are for sure getting him.
He led the board to believe they led for him. They clearly did not. You guys were honestly, probably 3rd. Maybe 4th knowing the shenanigans Oregon has been getting up to.

Texas not getting their hands dirty.

Above it.

Biggest best brand in sports.

The 247 one. This post is from today and not the one I'm referencing, but:

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.16.02 AM.png

He led the board to believe they led for him. They clearly did not. You guys were honestly, probably 3rd. Maybe 4th knowing the shenanigans Oregon has been getting up to.
I am a paying member and I never seen anything saying we were in the lead. We were in the thick of it and still are.

I am a paying member and I never seen anything saying we were in the lead. We were in the thick of it and still are.
From literally yesterday:

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.47.12 AM.png

And that's still not even the post I'm referring to. So clearly the hype was repeated more than once.

I won't get into the "we're in the thick of it" comment the day he commits to a different school.

From literally yesterday:

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.47.12 AM.png

And that's still not even the post I'm referring to. So clearly the hype was repeated more than once.

I won't get into the "we're in the thick of it" comment the day he commits to a different school.
One insider said they appear to be in the lead. He didn't say they were in the lead. or were going to land him. Quit trying to deflect the attention to Texas because yall lost out on a WR yall thought was coming to USC because of TBOW..

Beyond pay for play, I've always heard stories about SEC teams (and Clemson) bringing in recruits for multiple official visits, holding coached practices year round, using more than 10 on field coaches, roiding, etc. These are all some of the things Jimbo alluded to.

My question is, if everyone else knows this stuff is so blatantly going on, how have SEC teams gotten away with it for so long? And why isn't every other team doing the same? (Obviously ASU tried during the covid lockdown and are now dying as a program because of how sloppy it was.)

Beyond pay for play, I've always heard stories about SEC teams (and Clemson) bringing in recruits for multiple official visits, holding coached practices year round, using more than 10 on field coaches, roiding, etc. These are all some of the things Jimbo alluded to.

My question is, if everyone else knows this stuff is so blatantly going on, how have SEC teams gotten away with it for so long? And why isn't every other team doing the same? (Obviously ASU tried during the covid lockdown and are now dying as a program because of how sloppy it was.)

There's certainly an honor among thieves mindset in the South that programs in other parts of the country haven't adopted.

Mike Slive is considered among the best conference commissioners in history because he was able to convince SEC teams to stop snitching on each other for cheating. If you remember in the 90s and early 2000s, a lot of SEC teams were on probation and Alabama was close to getting the death penalty. Slive convinced all of the SEC programs to keep their problems in house and the entire conference reaped the dividends.

No coincidence that SEC dominating college football coincides with programs not getting in trouble as often. The Big 10, PAC 10 and ACC should take note

The same way yall defend Jumbo for being a great QB whisperer and not buying a recruiting class
EYE have been overly critical of Jimbo's quarterback whisperer nonsense for awhile now. He hasn't had good - or largely even average - quarterback play since Jameis.

And who the hell said we weren't buying? A&M is spending through their noses and everyone knows it. It's also legal. The only pushback Saban got from anyone was specifically around the nasty connotation that comes with "buying" players and his bull**** about Alabama doing things "the right way".

But I'm convinced you know this and you sometimes come in here intentionally acting dense.

I'm also not paying Jimbo a dollar... I don't get how folks continue to spend money on Horns247 when they're just consistently constantly wrong on everything. EJ, Mike, the new kid Hudson. Just a bunch of cornballs that really don't get things right that often.

The entire sport is roiding, the only difference being is that from what I've have heard anecdotally, some places simply look the other way and some places it's encouraged and guys will have protocols given out to them.

Wait what would make Jimbo a QB whisperer? I’ve never heard that take :lol:

Besides Jameis has he had a good QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom