OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
N41D N41D know anything about Caleb Douglas, the kid who just flipped from Baylor to USC? He's a 3 star WR from Hightower HS in Missouri City, TX.

SC fans are having a civil war right now over all the Texas kids being brought in, especially the ones they don't know about.
Realized I never responded to this...

Caleb Douglas isn't someone that's been on my radar, so I'm not sure. Hightower has pretty consistently put out some athletes, though.

What's the civil war between the two sides over? Whether or not the kids they're targeting/taking from Texas actually matter? Whether or not Texas kids are worth the time/effort? What's the downside?

Realized I never responded to this...

Caleb Douglas isn't someone that's been on my radar, so I'm not sure. Hightower has pretty consistently put out some athletes, though.

What's the civil war between the two sides over? Whether or not the kids they're targeting/taking from Texas actually matter? Whether or not Texas kids are worth the time/effort? What's the downside?

tl;dr: A lot of "we're USC not Texas junior!" get off my lawn folks.

A lot of old school USC fans hate seeing SC take 3 and 4 star players out of Texas over similarly rated Cali kids, if only because their philosophy is prioritize California over all.

Because Clay and 5 of our assistants are from Texas and have Texas HS coaching ties, they've been pounding (mostly East) Texas hard, and at least so far, it looks like all those kids are players. There's a side of the fan base that is arguing the 3 star Texas linemen and RBs are going to be more ready than 3 star California kids who are more likely to be projects.

I see both sides of the argument and losing Cali kids who turn out to be good is never a good look.

Almost that time fellas :nthat:

Tryin’ to see if we made the Top 100 🤣

squat-and-squint-meme-woman.jpg

tl;dr: A lot of "we're USC not Texas junior!" get off my lawn folks.

A lot of old school USC fans hate seeing SC take 3 and 4 star players out of Texas over similarly rated Cali kids, if only because their philosophy is prioritize California over all.

Because Clay and 5 of our assistants are from Texas and have Texas HS coaching ties, they've been pounding (mostly East) Texas hard, and at least so far, it looks like all those kids are players. There's a side of the fan base that is arguing the 3 star Texas linemen and RBs are going to be more ready than 3 star California kids who are more likely to be projects.

I see both sides of the argument and losing Cali kids who turn out to be good is never a good look.
People are weird.

A&M boards were like that early on with Jimbo, too.

He was going national, Herman damned near swept the state’s elite in 2018. People were losing their minds.

You gotta recruit where your guys have relationships. And they’d be stupid not to have Harrell taking kids in Texas because damn near everyone at the high school level here runs a version of his offense.

And high school kids here are absolutely better coached and prepared to compete early mentally than anywhere else in America… at least offensively.

Is CJ Stroud really not the starter or are they just trying to keep Jack Miller and Kyle McCord happy and make them feel like they still have a shot? Seems like a no brainer

That QB room is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom