OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big fan of this. I hate when Georgia wears all red and the Clemson all purple jerseys make me want to vomit 🤮

Last edited:
And yet, those games are the largest national draws - even in markets that don’t have vested interest - every single week.

There’s big regional games every week and they almost never outdraw big SEC matchups.

The ACC’s rights at with ESPN/ABC for like 15 more years, too.

What you’re trying to accomplish wouldnt work and damn near isn’t possible.
Doesn’t matter who has television rights with who. The networks don’t control the scheduling. Secondly the conferences dictate when and where teams play. If I schedule USC vs Michigan the same time as Alabama vs Texas who do you think the state of California is going to watch? ESPN will definitely air that game in their largest market before Alabama vs Texas. The SEC can’t stand alone on an island despite what you might think. the Big 10 generates as much money as the SEC with subpar talent. The reason is regional games matter more than national games overall. These conferences have always worked together as to not overlap major games. Take it away and force ESPN to choose if you want more bargaining power at the table.

Not a big fan of this. I hate when Georgia wears all red and the Clemson all purple jerseys make me want to vomit 🤮

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Michigan do this too. There are mock ups and recruiting photos of kids in all navy and all maize uniforms.

Brandon Iniss to OU.

They're putting together a crazy offensive haul for '23. Wonder how many of them stick
No idea where Iniss ends up but I’d bet against OU. SEC not even really putting the pressure on 23 kids yet with the bags.

No idea where Iniss ends up but I’d bet against OU. SEC not even really putting the pressure on 23 kids yet with the bags.
Oklahoma doing what Oklahoma does.

Load up on offensive studs early and just totally tank the defensive side of the ball.

They’ll have to figure out some balance in asset allocation as they make this transition or they’re not gonna matter.

I wonder if OU will be able to recruit better when they're actually in the SEC. Maybe some kids who otherwise wouldn't be going there (specifically those big time southern D-Lineman) actually start seeing them as a viable option.

I wonder if OU will be able to recruit better when they're actually in the SEC. Maybe some kids who otherwise wouldn't be going there (specifically those big time southern D-Lineman) actually start seeing them as a viable option.
I can pretty comfortably say that’s the biggest concern of any of A&M’s fan bases at this point.

Frankly, I don’t think the concern is with Texas. It’s with OU and the potential to cut into what A&M is doing nationally recruiting, specifically on the defensive line.

They’re as good as just about anyone outside Alabama and maybe Georgia at this point. I think there’s more concern with Oklahoma’s ability to cut into that than there is with Texas at this point.

Oklahoma doing what Oklahoma does.

Load up on offensive studs early and just totally tank the defensive side of the ball.

They’ll have to figure out some balance in asset allocation as they make this transition or they’re not gonna matter.

Oklahoma actually had a good defense last season and they've been making strides under their new DC, Alex Grinch. Obviously they don't have the athletes to compete with SEC teams and don't have the depth to play high level SEC teams week in, week out but they are making strides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom