OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still will never understand why JT chose UGA. It was always risky. For someone who's every move has been calculated and well thought out since middle school, this was a bad move. All he needed was one year of game film to make the next move.

It was a great move, JT. I totally agree that he has been very thoughtful and deliberate about his football career, but he just can't stay healthy. Injuries are what derailed his career at USC and Georgia and allowed him to be unseated at both schools.

He missed the majority of the 2020 season recovering from his lower body injury, but then he comes in and plays well down the stretch for UGA. Kirby , for the first time ever, didn't even have a QB competition of any kind and named JT the starter coming out of spring....then JT proceeds to injure his oblique in fall camp then never really get healthy until November.

0675E0F6-7096-438A-907D-5AAA4A4B82E9.jpeg

9f9.png

Nike/Jordan really put their name on those shirts?

If anybody says they know what Harbaugh is thinking they are lying... Being at Michigan for 7 years is his longest stint at any stop from player to coach... Maybe he thinks its time to take one last shot at the NFL... 58 years old... Looked great this year and seemed to not be as stressed as years past (winning will do that)... But I would be lying if I didn't look at him this past year and think, he is just having fun and took that lesser deal to make easier to walk away... I wouldn't blame him... Its a business

If anybody says they know what Harbaugh is thinking they are lying... Being at Michigan for 7 years is his longest stint at any stop from player to coach... Maybe he thinks its time to take one last shot at the NFL... 58 years old... Looked great this year and seemed to not be as stressed as years past (winning will do that)... But I would be lying if I didn't look at him this past year and think, he is just having fun and took that lesser deal to make easier to walk away... I wouldn't blame him... Its a business
Multiple people though are reporting he's very unhappy with the paycut he was forced to take and the cut of assistant salary pool.

Harbaugh doesn't have an agent, so if you're hearing that leak out, it's probably coming from him? The fact that he's telling recruits he's looking around supports the argument that all the other leaks are coming from him too, no? I'm of the opinion he's probably forcing Michigan's hand to either pay him or go into a coaching search in February, but I feel like the fanbase response is funny. This year's carousel hasn't taught people anything?

#fakenewsNako

Look, he may leave, but citations are needed.

There was like 1 report a few weeks back that he told a recruit he was considering the NFL.

Since then, he's been traveling and hosting recruits in Ann Arbor.

That stuff about being pissed about the contract is conjecture.

Last edited:
#fakenewsNako

Look, he may leave, but citations are needed.

There was like 1 report a few weeks back that he told a recruit he was considering the NFL.

Since then, he's been traveling and hosting recruits in Ann Arbor.

That stuff about being pissed about the contract is conjecture.
I'm the one who mentioned he contacted Williams and Dart. I know he's still recruiting.

But like I said, the fanbase is funny.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.02.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.06.08 AM.png

Multiple people though are reporting he's very unhappy with the paycut he was forced to take and the cut of assistant salary pool.

Harbaugh doesn't have an agent, so if you're hearing that leak out, it's probably coming from him? The fact that he's telling recruits he's looking around supports the argument that all the other leaks are coming from him too, no? I'm of the opinion he's probably forcing Michigan's hand to either pay him or go into a coaching search in February, but I feel like the fanbase response is funny. This year's carousel hasn't taught people anything?
Ive seen the reports on him being unhappy, but I have also seen "reports" that his new contract will be north of $10mil/yr, the assistant coach funds is exponentially larger, they have a very lucrative NIL plan set up and the lack of signing has been pushed back because of the President getting canned and the University paying out $500 mil to victims of a grotesque culture and cover up... So its all over what "reports" you want to believe or try to pass as facts... When Harbaugh speaks and chooses to sign with X some will be right and some will be wrong.

Last edited:
As a Georgia fan, I have conflicted feelings about Stetson returning next season. On one hand, haven't Stetson clearly raises the floor on the offense next year. Worst case scenario, we have a very efficient quality QB starting next season. Look at the Mathis experiment. We were all very excited until he actually took the field and we realized he wasn't good. We were very fortunate to have Stetson to save us. The 2020 season could have truly been a disaster without Stetson. Literally half of blue chip QB's are busts so simply having a good, game managing QB is huge. Look at Clemson this season.

That being said, we've all addressed Stetsons limitations. We can only play a certain way and we have to structure our offense around what Stetson does well, which limits us. Coaches are very unwilling to bench QB's unless they are playing terribly and losing them games, even if the backup may be playing better in practice.

According to reports out of Tuscaloosa Tua was playing better than Jalen Hurts all throughout spring, fall camp and throughout the 2017 season and it still took being down two touchdowns in the national title game for Saban to bench Jalen.

The only way Stetson against benched is if he becomes a turnover machine and loses us two or three games

Stetson won you the first chip in most Georgia fans’ lifetimes. Let that man take his victory lap.

I'm glad he's coming back. That being said, he shouldn't just be the end of the starting job. I view it similar to 2020 Alabama: They won a national title with a generationally, great offense and an average defense. Despite winning a title, they still sought to improve on the defensive end. They didn't just say " well, we won a national title with this defense, let's not change anything!"

If Stetson really and truly is the best QB then he should start but Kirby should do everything that's power to upgrade the QB position girlfriend like any other position. Kirby saw that we were weak at corner and went and got Derion Kendrick, I expect him to do the same with QB

Last edited:
Cardale won us a chip and then the next season split time with JT. Coaches will give someone the benefit of the doubt due to that but if someone is better they’ll play

I’m with atlsfinest atlsfinest on this one…You can enjoy the chip and focus on improvement for next season as well, try to get another one if that means somebody better than Stetson can do it
I think stet knew all along he was going to come back considering he not gonna do anything in the league. I have no issue with him coming back besides the fact that 70% of his passes go to Brock. But I think kirby knows that BV is on the upswing and gonna probably take that starting job. He already told stet to transfer before but we will see. I'm still waiting on Carson to enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom