Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Boxings dead but yet you have all these mma boys begging to step in the squared circle.
Cus the money ain’t dead :lol:

Boxing is just……. Slow…. Big fights take place maybe twice a year and are ppv. Completely the opposite of what todays culture is all about. I love the sport, period. I’ll watch two dudes fight for a sandwich. **** is in my dna. But maybe that’s just me. I’m also the type of dude that’ll shadow box before interviewing new assistants :lol:

Wilder fought about as well as he could given the circumstances. I think Malik Scott actually did a good job, this is the best Wilder looked in any of the three fights. I mean he actually legit won rounds where he didn't knock Fury down. Man won rounds off jabs and bodywork, he at least tried to add a different dimension to his game. Hard to change an old fighter after one camp, but I can't say it didn't look like they gave it their best shot.

If dude had the conditioning to keep it up then he makes the fight more competitive, but he was a zombie by the midway point. I respect the effort though.

And I agree with Malik, it might be time to call it a day. He took a lot of punishment and there's not much left to prove, he made his money already and a fight with Joshua or Dillian or Ruiz isn't really it at this point.

Wilder's only reason to stick around is if somehow either Usyk or Joshua beats Fury. If that doesnt happen, just hang em up bruh.

100% facts bro. Wilder wouldve Iced AJ all 3 times if they fought imo. They only decided to take fury because they thought he was finished. Cherry picking gone wrong.

It’s crazy bro. This was really a cherry pick gone wrong. They thought they were gonna just get Fury outta there coming off a long layover and battling depression etc. After that draw they should of never fought him again. That fight literally told Wilder and his team this dude is all wrong for you but pride got the best of them.

Now he’s probably gonna have to retire because of it when he could of extended his career much farther.

Wilder has legit ko’d fury once and possibly twice and dudes talking about him like a bum?

He can’t box at all but fury isnt much better that was a bar fight

Wilder should retire tho no need to keep fighting

You say "dudes are talking like wilder is a bum", followed by you saying "he cant box at all" 🤦🏾‍♂️. This is BOXING isnt it. And yes, wilder is trash. He has always been and will always be trash. Hes a destructive puncher who cannot box at all. He literally does EVERYTHING WRONG in the ring. So yes, hes a bum who can punch. If you believe fury "isnt much better" than wilder is then you should probably stop watching boxing because you dont understand what you're watching lol.

Let them tears flow baby boy. You aint gettin your money back :lol:
Man what a classic post, hilarious even. 🙄

I’d NEVER gamble on boxing, and thought Fury would win. 😉

some of you get real weird when someone doesn’t see things the way you did creating whole scenarios in your head and ****.

Yea says me and instant replay

I get why “some” are soo excited I’m sorry for actually commenting on what I watched instead of blindly praising the great white hope my bad

Ahh yes. Resort to race when things dont go your way. You a whole clown. Im gonna let you be. Keep talking in circles fam bam.

Reactions: OTG
The thing that gets me about the KO's Fury received is that he was legit unphased. During this bout he looked more pissed off at himself for going down. He didn't seem out of it at any point, where Wilder goes down and he looked wobbly for the remainder of the fight.

You can't get to 42-0 with 40 kos and hold a belt for 5 years while being trash.

Perspective is everything.

Wilder should retire, but his pride is real. He'll probably take a few fights to prove to himself he still got it, then go out on his own terms.

Wilder fought about as well as he could given the circumstances. I think Malik Scott actually did a good job, this is the best Wilder looked in any of the three fights. I mean he actually legit won rounds where he didn't knock Fury down. Man won rounds off jabs and bodywork, he at least tried to add a different dimension to his game. Hard to change an old fighter after one camp, but I can't say it didn't look like they gave it their best shot.

If dude had the conditioning to keep it up then he makes the fight more competitive, but he was a zombie by the midway point. I respect the effort though.

And I agree with Malik, it might be time to call it a day. He took a lot of punishment and there's not much left to prove, he made his money already and a fight with Joshua or Dillian or Ruiz isn't really it at this point.

Wilder's only reason to stick around is if somehow either Usyk or Joshua beats Fury. If that doesnt happen, just hang em up bruh.

Based on the pass two beat downs he’s taken he should probably retire, but fights against Ruiz and AJ can still make him a decent amount of coin.

“Legacy” wise maybe those fights aren’t all that, but they should both do well commercially if promoted right.

You can't get to 42-0 with 40 kos and hold a belt for 5 years while being trash.

Perspective is everything.

Wilder should retire, but his pride is real. He'll probably take a few fights to prove to himself he still got it, then go out on his own terms.

You can. Wilder proved you can and here's how🤷🏿‍♂️

https___s3-images.sportbible.com_s3_content_acc334275e5e170fbb83b50b4bd74e0c.jpg

HW division was very thin during wilder’s reign and he was out on his feet in the King Kong fight before the doc gave him extra time to recover

fury dominated all 3 fights thoroughly

still good fights out there for wilder, he beats everyone outside of Usyk and fury

joshua can try to “outbox” wilder, but wilder prolly still KOs him

Back
Top Bottom