Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

You can. Wilder proved you can and here's how🤷🏿‍♂️

https___s3-images.sportbible.com_s3_content_acc334275e5e170fbb83b50b4bd74e0c.jpg

Nah we not doing that :lol:

One of them 42 Ws would've been an L. Stiverne I or Ortiz. Arreloa ain't no damn scrub either. You can't diminish what he's done.

Wilder dropped Fury 4 times in their trilogy. That draw could've went either way.

Perspective is all I'm saying. Yall wylin.

I had him winning that draw besides those two knockdowns. Some would argue one should have been a long count.

I respect Wilder. He just ran into a real one. Tried to parlay with beating Fury and AJ continue to win to generate that huge payday. Both those clowns hurt the sport from a hyper perspective. Fury conquered his demons, overcame obesity and a long lay off to come back and lay claim to the Lineal.

Fury should rest from that insanity last night. And see where things fall between AJ/Osyck.

Any champion's resume is going to be littered with cans the first half of their career as managers/promoters build their record and hype in hopes of big fights and paydays. You can do that for almost any fighter and moreso HW since they don't grow on trees. **** corny.

So who would of he fought?

Andy ruiz
Joseph parker
Derek chisora
Dillian whyte
Anthony joshua
Bryant Jennings
Oscar Rivas
Robert helenius
Carlos takam
Charles martin

I was only showing that it is possible for anyone to get to 40-0 if your handlers selectively match you for your entire career. But that's 10 fighters just off the top that wilder never fought.

Wilder is about to 36 years old, and fought 2 top 10 ranked heavyweights in his first 40 pro fights. In total, hes fought 6 fights where his opponent was ranked in the top 10 out of 45 pro fights lol.

Now lets use oleksandr Usyk as an example. Usyk is 34, less than half of the fights that wilder has, and is already a hall of Famer because of his accomplishments. Cruiserweight isnt a deep division, but his competition pound for pound was 10x tougher than wilders regardless of rankings.

Also, wilder NEVER made one mandatory defense after he won the WBC belt. More selective matchmaking. Meanwhile AJ just lost his titles to usyk who was a mandatory. The dude wilders entire career is fraudulent but most people cant see that because the people backing him did a decent job of marketing him to people who dont want to look beneath the surface of why his pro record is as misleading as it is🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
exactly. Same way they try to diminish Mayweather's legacy. Like bruh, this is my weight class. I can only fight who's available.

I just explained that wilder NEVER made a mandatory defense his entire title reign lol. That entire "you can only fight who is available" **** doesnt apply to him because of this. Wilder has no legacy to people who can see through the bull****.

Any champion's resume is going to be littered with cans the first half of their career as managers/promoters build their record and hype in hopes of big fights and paydays. You can do that for almost any fighter and moreso HW since they don't grow on trees. **** corny.

Simply not the truth. Anthony joshua has 26 pro fights and easily has the best resume of any heavyweight and is a bigger brand with way more to lose than wilder will ever be. He could fight ANYONE and fill up a stadium so why wasn't he matched the way wilder was? Wilder was matched the way he was simply because he is absolute trash and everyone knew it.🤷🏿‍♂️

Simply not the truth. Anthony joshua has 26 pro fights and easily has the best resume of any heavyweight and is a bigger brand with way more to lose than wilder will ever be. He could fight ANYONE and fill up a stadium so why wasn't he matched the way wilder was? Wilder was matched the way he was simply because he is absolute trash and everyone knew it.🤷🏿‍♂️
AJ can’t beat him tho

Y’all weirdly hate Wilder for some reason, dude just isn’t technical but he still beats 99% of heavyweights

I dont think me telling the truth about Wilders career means that I "hate" him. It simply means I'm only telling the truth lol. Let me know if you can find ANY lies in anything I've said about wilder.

I think the dudes that have a weird obsession with wilder are wayyy more weird than anyone who criticizes him. I mean for example, I have a dude who has NEVER gambled on anything in his life have such an obsession with wilder that he bet me $100 that wilder would win the fight last night. Easiest $100 I've ever made in life.

:lol:

I think your anger is more geared towards Golden Boy/Al Haymon. Povetkin failed his drug test and Wilder beat everyone in front of him until Fury II. You can't be trash unless everyone he's ever fought is and we know that isn't true.

And AJ is more the exception and not the rule, especially when looking back at his amateur work. No disagreement with me as far as his status as a fighter. Even with the losses to Ruiz and Usyk, I still believe (somehow) AJ is the best heavyweight in the world and can/will beat Fury at some point.

But on the fight, the biggest thing outside of actual boxing fundamentals that hurt Wilder has to be the weight gain.

238 is clearly too heavy for him. Fury gained over the last two fights as well, but being the bigger guy it's worked. Wilder been over 230 for the last two Fury fights and he's gassed out in both of them. I know Fury's size and stature may have had his camp worried but he should've kept in his 210-220 range. He was 213 for the first fight and didn't have any issues going the distance. He gassed out in the first two rounds just staying active and throwing 1s and 2s to Fury's tummy. :smh:

Yeah. But Fury who has been obese in the past is used to that. He’s probably a 300-lb man. He still has the foot work, speed and jab. The only new wrinkle is him leaning to tire Wilder out.

Wilder gained 18 pounds of muscle. You already know where this is going. Especially with his hands down late into the fight.

Fury mentioned that Wilder hit harder this fight than the others which is probably credited to the weight gain, but the main reason for the weight gain should have been to maneuver in and out of clinches and instead he just let Fury lay on him again. The added muscle really did nothing besides add some extra sting to his punches which is something he really didn’t need.

Fury didn't beat a 213lb Wilder tho...................

Also, Frank Sanchez is nice. That is one of the fastest jabs I've ever seen from a heavyweight. Ajagba had a mouse on his eye halfway through the first round. Ref missed Ajagba's knockdown, but Frank would've still won. Ajagba was scared to throw after he kept getting tapped in the early rounds and knew he wasn't quick enough to do anything about it.

I am not reading everything but are people upset with Malik Scott? Why? I don't think there was much more he could've done.

I am not reading everything but are people upset with Malik Scott? Why? I don't think there was much more he could've done.

I’ve seen it argued that Wilder came out way too aggressive which lead to him gassing, but IMO an early KO was Wilder’s only chance so I don’t put that on Scott.

Fury was always going to win a war of attrition.

I’ve seen it argued that Wilder came out way too aggressive which lead to him gassing, but IMO an early KO was Wilder’s only chance so I don’t put that on Scott.

Fury was always going to win a war of attrition.

Understandable, Wilder could have paced himself better. It seemed like their plan was to attack Fury's body early, but they got discouraged and threw that plan out the window. I think he should have kept at it.

Most didn’t want to see Wilder win because he’s not the conventional HW. I’m a Wilder fan, but Fury is the better boxer—hands down.

However, imagine how quiet things would be IF Wilder pulled off the upset. It’s easy to clown Wilder after he got KO’d, but I really don’t agree with the second long count from the ref. The first one, ok cool. He’s the champ, give him an extra second. The second one, no.

With that being said, Wilder’s arrogance in not shaking Fury’s hand after the fight rightfully opens the door for every ounce of criticism.

Back
Top Bottom