Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Caleb actually got skills… he hasn’t fought big names yet but if you’re a student of the game, you can see he knows distance, got a good jab, decent defense. He doesn’t have much power but he makes up for it with timing. With the way he moves, he probably studies guys like Floyd, Roy or James Toney (though I seen that vid with Toney giving him advice and he totally ignores him lol)

That said Canelo might still eventually get him with a body shot in the later rounds
Ok so it wasn’t a body shot

GGG III assuming GGG beats Murata in Japan.

Bivol, Beterbiev, and Benavidez are all probably tougher fights at this stage, but that fight still makes the most financial sense for everyone involved.

I hope not. Canelo would dominate this version of GGG but financially as a cash grab it makes sense.

This explains you giving Caleb 4 rounds

personal feelings, not analysis of the actual fight

thanks fam

Lol stop it. Caleb won all those early rounds where Canelo was inactive.
At minimum, CP won 3 rounds where he was more active and using the jab.
The oohs and aahs from the fans got some of y'all gassed.

Let's face it though, Canelo is the cash cow. The only way he's losing is if you knock him out.
We saw GGG beat him in the first fight and look how that turned out.
That 118-110 Canelo scorecard is still one of the biggest robberies in boxing.

pretty standard, right? Lol

in all seriousness, I hope canelo got rushed to the hospital before Caleb.
dude was losing a clear fight thanks to those deadly Plant jabs

9D1E6825-F3A8-4D9A-A7B1-4B598D15BB49.jpeg

Lol stop it. Caleb won all those early rounds where Canelo was inactive.
At minimum, CP won 3 rounds where he was more active and using the jab.
The oohs and aahs from the fans got some of y'all gassed.

Let's face it though, Canelo is the cash cow. The only way he's losing is if you knock him out.
We saw GGG beat him in the first fight and look how that turned out.
That 118-110 Canelo scorecard is still one of the biggest robberies in boxing.

Active and effective are two different things.

what’s the point of jabbing if you’re still backing up and unable to mount any offense or keep your opponent off you?

If you don’t have power, work on your footwork, timing, game plan, etc etc

Caleb kinda showed none of that.

Canelo isnt the same fighter he was when he fought mayweather, lara, and trout. He pressures and cuts the ring off way better than he did back then.

You need to FIGHT canelo to beat him simply because you wont get a decision even if you outbox him for 12 rounds🤷🏿‍♂️. Gotta stand your ground and fight. We've seen this multiple times throughout his career with his fights that have gone to the cards after 12 and also the scores of the fights at the time hes scored stoppages in. I've said it many times that I thought kovalev was up on rounds with a basic jab but the judges as usual saw otherwise.

For anyone who doesnt remember, go rewatch the last 3-4 rounds of the 2nd golovkin fight. Those rounds in my opinion are the reason we never got the trilogy🤷🏿‍♂️. Golovkin figured out what canelo was doing and canelo knew that.

The fight to make is obviously vs david benavidez. I think hes too big and strong so I'm not sure itll ever happen but benavidez is a KILLER and it wont be any walking him down.

Crazy that Floyd has been only dude able to beat Nelo. Floyd made him look like a rookie too. I know Nelo was young and they fought at a lower weight for Nelo, but it really speaks to Floyd’s greatness given that he was older.
Im sure Lara beat Canelo but hey ... Im in no ones pocket.

Back
Top Bottom