Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Lol stop it. Caleb won all those early rounds where Canelo was inactive.
At minimum, CP won 3 rounds where he was more active and using the jab.
The oohs and aahs from the fans got some of y'all gassed.

Let's face it though, Canelo is the cash cow. The only way he's losing is if you knock him out.
We saw GGG beat him in the first fight and look how that turned out.
That 118-110 Canelo scorecard is still one of the biggest robberies in boxing.
Different fights ....

Just because one score card was BS doesn't mean the other one was.

Facts are Canelo won this fight ...

He would of have won even if he had gone to the SC and lost the 12.

After the 11 it. Would of have been 3 rounds to 8 according to you .. so what's the argument?

Every time I watch Canelo fight I wonder what his career would have been like if the judges scored his first fight w/ GGG correctly. I can't imagine how many more millions of dollars he's made because of that fight being scored a draw...

LOL, what would’ve changed? He was already a draw at that point. If losing to Floyd in an era where a loss is suppose to be “the end of you” didn’t stop his drawing power, certainly fighting GGG when nobody else did wouldn’t change a damn thing.

Clearly saying Plant would have won a decision in your eyes makes you look super crazy.
You have to take into account the biases of the judges. What would have and should have are two different things. Again people were oooing and aahing on several misses and I’m sure that had a hand in the scoring.

Canelo isnt the same fighter he was when he fought mayweather, lara, and trout. He pressures and cuts the ring off way better than he did back then.

You need to FIGHT canelo to beat him simply because you wont get a decision even if you outbox him for 12 rounds🤷🏿‍♂️. Gotta stand your ground and fight. We've seen this multiple times throughout his career with his fights that have gone to the cards after 12 and also the scores of the fights at the time hes scored stoppages in. I've said it many times that I thought kovalev was up on rounds with a basic jab but the judges as usual saw otherwise.

For anyone who doesnt remember, go rewatch the last 3-4 rounds of the 2nd golovkin fight. Those rounds in my opinion are the reason we never got the trilogy🤷🏿‍♂️. Golovkin figured out what canelo was doing and canelo knew that.

The fight to make is obviously vs david benavidez. I think hes too big and strong so I'm not sure itll ever happen but benavidez is a KILLER and it wont be any walking him down.
Outside of the ggg fight, which I agree he clearly lost the 1st abs at best draw during the 2nd, when else has this happened?

Outside of the ggg fight, which I agree he clearly lost the 1st abs at best draw during the 2nd, when else has this happened?

Well he CLEARLY lost the lara fight as well. You can watch that fight 100 times and not find 6 rounds let alone 7 rounds to give canelo that decision. And if you do, the only reasoning you can make is "lara ran" which is usually an excuse when a fighter gets schooled when they dont know how to cut the ring off🤷🏿‍♂️

I brought up the kovalev fight earlier. Kovalev needed to win the last 2 rounds just to get a draw. I dont know about you that simply wasn't the fight I saw that night.

Last night was another example once again. Theres no way canelo won 8 of the first 10 rounds. But it is what it is at this point. You just have to stand there and fight the dude.

You have to take into account the biases of the judges. What would have and should have are two different things. Again people were oooing and aahing on several misses and I’m sure that had a hand in the scoring.
I was watching the fight on mute as I was watching the UFC as well and had Canelo winning comfortably.

No way in hell was he losing that fight going into the 11th and he without the KO would of have won the 11th.

Not sure what fight was you watching ....

Thats not to say that Plant didn't suprise me or boxed well ... he did better than what I gave him credit .... but he would of have lost regardless.

Different fights ....

Just because one score card was BS doesn't mean the other one was.

Facts are Canelo won this fight ...

He would of have won even if he had gone to the SC and lost the 12.

After the 11 it. Would of have been 3 rounds to 8 according to you .. so what's the argument?

There's no argument. We're just discussing the fight.
I said at minimum, Caleb won 3 rounds, but I could see it being 6-4 with 2 rounds left before the knockout.

Active and effective are two different things.

what’s the point of jabbing if you’re still backing up and unable to mount any offense or keep your opponent off you?

If you don’t have power, work on your footwork, timing, game plan, etc etc

Caleb kinda showed none of that.

What? Guys win rounds by being more active and using the jab all the time.
Caleb is a defensive boxer, and outboxed Canelo some of those rounds.
There's a reason Canelo's corner was telling him to fight with more urgency.
That shoulder roll and side angle was working for CP from a technical stand point.
He just couldn't keep it up with constant body shots eventually wearing him down.

I was watching the fight on mute as I was watching the UFC as well and had Canelo winning comfortably.

No way in hell was he losing that fight going into the 11th and he without the KO would of have won the 11th.

Not sure what fight was you watching ....

Thats not to say that Plant didn't suprise me or boxed well ... he did better than what I gave him credit .... but he would of have lost regardless.

the fact that you’re telling me you were watching two different fights at the same time tells me what I need to know. Canelo was not winning before the 5-6th round. Had the fight continued that way he would’ve needed the KO to win. Call it canelo strategy but he wasn’t throwing anything the first few rounds. Re watch the fight with your full attention.

the fact that you’re telling me you were watching two different fights at the same time tells me what I need to know. Canelo was not winning before the 5-6th round. Had the fight continued that way he would’ve needed the KO to win. Call it canelo strategy but he wasn’t throwing anything the first few rounds. Re watch the fight with your full attention.

I don't see why you're making an argument for a hypothetical outcome.

Canelo isnt the same fighter he was when he fought mayweather, lara, and trout. He pressures and cuts the ring off way better than he did back then.

You need to FIGHT canelo to beat him simply because you wont get a decision even if you outbox him for 12 rounds🤷🏿‍♂️. Gotta stand your ground and fight. We've seen this multiple times throughout his career with his fights that have gone to the cards after 12 and also the scores of the fights at the time hes scored stoppages in. I've said it many times that I thought kovalev was up on rounds with a basic jab but the judges as usual saw otherwise.

For anyone who doesnt remember, go rewatch the last 3-4 rounds of the 2nd golovkin fight. Those rounds in my opinion are the reason we never got the trilogy🤷🏿‍♂️. Golovkin figured out what canelo was doing and canelo knew that.

The fight to make is obviously vs david benavidez. I think hes too big and strong so I'm not sure itll ever happen but benavidez is a KILLER and it wont be any walking him down.

For some reason I remember Canelo saying he doesn't want to fight other Mexican boxers, might not be possible to make that Benavidez fight.

LoL .. ight ....

I mean Im not going to argue a mute point ... Canelo KO him ... all the judges had him winning and the unofficial score which I just seen had hjm winning the same as the judges which is rarely the case ... so yeah ...

Ill give Plant the benefit of the doubt with 3 rounds. Even if I was to give him 4 the point is that Canelo was still up two and the 11th was his ... so you only watching one fight stilll couldn't get it right.

Talking about if the fight continued that way after the 5th round ... are you even serious? 😆 🤣 😂 😹

D staxx said the crowd swayed people in canelos favor

do we need to go back to empty arenas?
Then you’d hear canelos shots landing cleanly

look at Caleb’s face and body, dude was getting beat up

should have been stopped before the second KD, dude was out.

even when Caleb would clinch canelo would work him on the inside.

caleb woulda probably been more successful with a crappy referee like Boston’s Kenny bayless “STAAAAPP STAAAAAPPP STAAAAAAAP”

I’m starting to believe Solewoman is Jordan Plant. Can’t picture anybody other than Caleb’s wife being so blind and bias.

This always happens in fights where somebody does better than expected while still clearly losing. People get it into their heads that because they aren’t shut out that they must have actually been winning.

Some of y’all are crazy.

Plant took first few rounds but once Canelo started throwing it was a wrap. Plant against the ropes the entire fight throwing jabs and trying to tie up so Canelo couldn’t throw his power inside.

A good tactic but yes Canelo likely had the scorecards.

EDIT; 2/3 judges didn’t even give Plant round 2.

Back
Top Bottom