Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Tank’s power is serious. I was worried for him given how tall Barrios is, but Tank’s power carried is real. Barrios has heart props to him for fighting till the end. Wonder what Tank’s next move is.

Yeah I’m not sure how his power would carry but that **** carried for real. He was head hunting then said forget it let me hit him to the body and ended it.

Calvin is gonna let Floyd talk in the corner. Yall didn’t see before 11th when Floyd told Tank “go get him” and that’s exactly what Tank did.

Yep exactly and OG Big Floyd used to do the same thing to Floyd so it’s what he knows. Tank was getting complacent until Floyd told him the real.

What a fight tonight.

Possibly one of the most understated aspects, the trainers in both fighters corners.

I’m thinking Floyd’s contributions mentoring Davis are probably overlooked too.

Different views on if he should be unofficially coaching Davis in this situation but the mics and cameras picked up two golden exchanges between the two of them late in the fight.

Any one see after the 8th round Floyd was giving Davis that real, and telling him he was still probably on points despite the two knockdowns, and Davis kind of took it a little personally/emotionally? It obviously aggravated him a little bit.

The round before the TKO Floyd changed his messaging and communicated on Davis’ level in the moment, challenged him but it was pure positive emotion and feedback.

Little thing but it speaks to Floyd’s social intelligence and some coaches and trainers excel at it more than others. Not a surprise given he was raised by trainers, but dope moments they happened to catch live.

They also caught Calvin Ford explicitly telling Davis to stop head hunting and end it by rocking him to the body instead. Great production work on the live broadcast tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks for that take ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF , I was at a bar where they didn’t have the audio….looking forward to the rewatch

Wow, TR and the bag musta got in Lopez Sr ear ….he actually givin Loma props and is all for the rematch now. Glad we’re going to get it, I mean the whole telecast SOG and Bradley were sayin no way it happens.

Teo Sr thought his son was gonna do numbers like he was a straight star after beating Loma but it didn’t pan out that way. I heard this ticket sales look terrible for the Cambosa fight so they are gonna have to do a rematch.

You joking right? None of these fools aint competition

... Who is then? Lets keep it a 100.. tank hasnt fought any worthy competition. Hes definitely a savage and has the ability to ko anyone thats put in front of him, but he has yet to face any top opposition as of yet. This is coming from someone who truly believes in his skills but im not gonna flat out say he smokes the top 5 at lightweight.

plus why does tank have to fight someone that can beat him?

that makes absolutely no sense

so what if you think those guys are no competition, those are the best in the weight class, the alternative is fight no one then?

Teo Sr thought his son was gonna do numbers like he was a straight star after beating Loma but it didn’t pan out that way. I heard this ticket sales look terrible for the Cambosa fight so they are gonna have to do a rematch.

I think the Loma rematch has more to do with Teo’s reworked deal with TR, than the poor ticket sales, and SFL is a terrible market for boxing. Tx or LA should have been the site.

Tbh I’d rather see Teo move up to 140 and fight Taylor, but I’m sure Bob wants that fight for Bud, which is why the rematch is being pushed.

Tank and Loma are really the only two who physically belong at 135, the other three kill themselves to make it, and should move up.

... Who is then? Lets keep it a 100.. tank hasnt fought any worthy competition. Hes definitely a savage and has the ability to ko anyone thats put in front of him, but he has yet to face any top opposition as of yet. This is coming from someone who truly believes in his skills but im not gonna flat out say he smokes the top 5 at lightweight.

Lol everyone that doesnt understand the boxing business is sipping the tank kool aid. Meanwhile it's clear as day that they're bouncing him around weight classes spot picking.

Back
Top Bottom