OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deion May be saying that cause some of those guys are currently working other gigs.

Shout out my man Ashley in that vid. Hope he continues to make moves behind this.

Welp it's official. Deion Sanders has signed them papers to be the next Head Coach of Thee Jackson State Tigers football program. This is a nice look for not only them but the SWAC as a whole. Can't wait for my Delta Devils to whip that *** when the season starts though. Prime Time won't save them from this Green White and Red.

More wishful thinking than anything here, but shout out to Valley.

Did Terrell Owens or Warren Sapp graduate from college?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did hire Mario Edwards Sr though, esp w/ his ties in Mississippi

Lol my bad. Did that reporter just make up a list of assistants out of thin air? Seems odd

That list could be spot on. A couple of those guys prolly working somewhere else and haven’t told anyone their plans to leave.

1600803314252.jpeg

This was also wrong a few weeks ago; now here we are.

I had warren sapp as my d-line coach for my ncaa 14 dynasty on operation sports.
They'll be fun to watch.

Hopefully Prime gets a premium cable network or streaming service to follow the team around in the spring.

Coach Prime already snatching players from Mississippi State. The talk around town is that both State and Ole Miss are scared that he will snatch up a nice amount of black players from their program and I agree. The SWAC is now the number 1 HBCU conference football and the commissioner is doing one hell of a job to turn our conference into a competitive outfit. If Coach Prime makes Jackson State into a respectable football program again then it's going to be crazy as hell.
Alcorn State ( this might be their last year on top of the SWAC)
Jackson State
Southern
FAMU
Grambling State.... damn damn DAMNNNNNN can't wait for all of those teams to meet on the field. Wish we could convince Tennessee State to come back to the SWAC. That would be the icing on the cake.

Can't imagine kids are going to punt on SEC opportunities to go play FCS ball on any real impactful level.
Yea, they're probably having back of the roster kids transfer in, which still could be impactful but they aren't landing SEC starters. Especially when they aren't even playing this fall.

For his Heisman run. I got the texts.

I think him not being named yet is just gamesmanship. It’s obvious that he’s the starting QB. Wouldn’t Mathis have to play bad for JT to get a shot? How is he going to get a shot in-season otherwise? You were also telling me that JT was going to be magically cleared by week 1 🤔. I think UGA 1H U is my play this week.
Im questioning if there was a true competition if one guy isn’t allowed to fully participate. I just saw comments about the UGA scrimmage and how “in the most important part of the scrimmage” they had Mathis and then the 3rd stringer out there.

In re: being cleared, it’s my understanding that JTs doctors told him he can go but UGAs will not. That’s why you saw reports saying he was cleared and then a quick “not so fast” report countering that. He has said since January that he’s ahead of schedule and would be ready for fall camp. Kirby clearly doesn’t feel the same way.

I don't necessarily think that Daniels was losing the QB battle, I think we have the case of one quarterback (Mathis) who is healthy and cleared to play and another (Daniels) who isn't. Even as of today, JT Daniels still isn't fully cleared to play this Saturday.

I think most fans, me included, just assumed that JT would be fully cleared and when the job but that hasn't been the case. I think that Mathis has been getting the majority of the first team reps because we still don't know JT's injury status and it makes sense to prepare the QB who is healthy and we know can play to start on Saturday. We'll see if JT's status changes throughout the week though

You gotta be damn committed to your son to file for divorce so he can play football all the way across the country.

You gotta be damn committed to your son to file for divorce so he can play football all the way across the country.
You've got to be even dumber though to do a national article on it with ESPN, thinking that rivals schools in the state where football is life won't report you.

Can't imagine kids are going to punt on SEC opportunities to go play FCS ball on any real impactful level.
This. He will be able to grab a few guys that aren’t getting clock at ole miss and state. He may have a pipeline to get some guys from FL that aren’t on the big 3’s radar. Jackson has pretty good talent in the city so he’ll be alright.

:lol: Right?

"Oh yeah no we're gonna get married again next summer."

:lol: :smh:

People will do anything for clout and fame, even ruin their own schemes. At least give it a year or two and then tell ESPN the full story. And I blow up your spot like this?

the entire family having to move to be eligible seems like a huge over reach

the entire family having to move to be eligible seems like a huge over reach
Massively.

Texas requires some crazy ****, too, for sports eligibility though.

So much insane documentation required if your previous coaches protest your transfer/eligibility.

^ Good grief :smh:

The North Texas-Houston football game scheduled for Saturday has been postponed due to coronavirus, the fourth season opener Houston has been unable to play.

Houston has previously had opening games against Rice, Memphis and Baylor postponed or canceled. In all four cases, Houston's opponents had coronavirus issues that did not allow them to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom