OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A&M folks have been clamoring for someone like Lashlee all season to bring some new tricks to Jimbo's bag...

But everyone knows damn well Jimbo ain't giving up play calling. :lol:

A&M folks have been clamoring for someone like Lashlee all season to bring some new tricks to Jimbo's bag...

But everyone knows damn well Jimbo ain't giving up play calling. :lol:

I know his offense is his baby, but I just don't get why he won't give up playcalling. I can't think of any team in recent memory who won a NC where the HC was also the playcaller, outside of him in 2013. Letting go of that would free him up a lot, especially when you have deficiencies in different areas.

I wonder who (if anyone) he could bring in that would allow him to comfortably release the reins to someone else

Last edited:
So what I gather from this is the NCAA is potentially letting teams schedule games against whoever they want (if passed) on this date

I wonder how the conferences will make sure this doesn’t happen. N41D N41D bring yo aggies to Columbus fam

B4E677B9-6518-483E-95CE-78A5BC8BD53C.png

I know his offense is his baby, but I just don't get why he won't give up playcalling. I can't think of any team in recent memory where the HC was also the playcaller, outside of him in 2013. Letting go of that would free him up a lot, especially when you have deficiencies in different areas.

I wonder who (if anyone) he could bring in that would allow him to comfortably release the reins to someone else
Herman calls all his own plays

Or did you mean winning football team?

The Pac-12 Continues To Be An Embarrassment

Washington's football team has suffered a serious COVID-19 outbreak that will keep the Huskies out of the Pac-12 title game against USC. Instead of doing the smart thing and just awarding the undefeated Trojans the conference title, the Pac-12 decided to crowbar unranked, 3-2 Oregon into the spot. Yes, the Ducks will now face the Trojans in LA on Friday having not earned the trip. Oregon has lost its last two games to bad teams after being taken down by Oregon State and Cal in back-to-back weeks and the Trojans are the Pac-12's only unbeaten team. But sure, this makes sense.

Manipulating things so the conference can actually keep a TV payday with Fox is one thing, but forcing USC to play on Friday night against a team that just had a week off is another. The Trojans aren't a great team, but they are 5-0 and remain the Pac-12's best chance of not being embarrassed in a New Year's Six bowl game. Any other major conference would cater to that team, as the Big Ten did by bending its rules to accommodate Ohio State. But that won't happen because the Pac-12 loves nothing more than to actively undermine itself.

———

I said Cristobal was gone just based on his comment in an interview. Strcitly speculating

There’s smoke. He wants the Auburn job but he may be 2nd, 3rd, or 4th on their list.

Cristobal gone.

Bring Sark to Oregon

Is Auburn a more desirable job than Oregon? I genuinely don't think so.

Josh Pate at 247 These guys bring up a very good point. Auburn might be the toughest coaching job in the country when you consider the fan bases ridiculous expectations along with their competition. Auburn plays Georgia, LSU and Bama every year get their fans expect them to be in the national championship mix often.

Not to mention that Auburn fans have a little brother mentality with Alabama.

Maybe Cristobal would be leaving just for the money, We all know SEC schools pay a lot better, but I don't think he would last very long there.

Is Auburn a more desirable job than Oregon? I genuinely don't think so.
Nah, like I said a few days ago, Bama has completely ruined the expectations for the Auburn job. Oregon has lower expectations, and Cristobal would much rather go up against UCLA, ASU and SC for recruits than the SEC, Clemson, Miami and FSU. Plus, a weaker conference and easier path to the CFP.

Auburn fans want someone to win the west and beat Saban, which ain’t happening any time soon

Auburn fans are nuts. I grew up with a lot of them. Nick Saban and the huge influx of money going into schools has warped the expectations for every school in the SEC. Everyone just points to Alabama and says "wl If they can be in the playoffs every single year, why can't we?" Alabama is literally on the greatest 12-year stretch of any college football program in the modern era (post 1970s), a stretch of success will likely never see again.

There are about 5 schools in the SEC that expect to win 10 games every year (UGA, Bama, LSU, Florida, Auburn and TAMU). The math just doesn't work out lol. Auburn plays at least 4 top 15 teams every year (Georgia, Bama, TAMU and LSU and if they want to win the conference, they'll need to beat another top 10 team in the championship game) and it has to recruit in the toughest region of the country. Frankly, I'm surprised they've had as much success as they've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom