OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the Antonio Alfano story is sad. He was clowned a lot in here but looks like he has serious health issues. Prayers up!

Georgia versus Vandy has been canceled for this week. It definitely appears like Vanderbilt is ducking this game. They canceled the original game against Georgia, then they go on to play Tennessee at home and then cancel the rescheduled Georgia game. Weird.

Georgia is still pushing hard to play this Saturday though.

UGA better not play Colorado :lol:

Is Cristobal really a hot commodity?
Yes. The Auburn rumors have legs. Idk how high on their board he is though.

Gotta figure Hugh Freeze is #1 since Auburn did the work to clear his potential hire with the SEC league office.

———

Related:

I would take the Auburn gig over Oregon if I werent a west coast guy.

As a head coach, you also have to take a look at how the Pac 12 is run and how football isnt life here, so perhaps a coach would rather be at Auburn in this case.

Gotta figure Hugh Freeze is #1 since Auburn did the work to clear his potential hire with the SEC league office.
I can’t imagine Auburn is going to pay all that buyout money, pay Cristobal enough to beat out Oregon, AND pay Cristobal’s buyout. You’re looking at $50m all in?

Still think it’s gotta be Freeze but that feels like a lateral move at best.

Not scared...but I know Clay Helton. He has a way of losing these types of games.
Nako telling me y’all deserve a CFP spot if y’all win. I’m expecting a convincing win because Oregon is sorry. Instead of Casper telling me this game means more to y’all instead of them, when a NY6 appearance is on the line :lol:

I can’t imagine Auburn is going to pay all that buyout money, pay Cristobal enough to beat out Oregon, AND pay Cristobal’s buyout. You’re looking at $50m all in?

Still think it’s gotta be Freeze but that feels like a lateral move at best.
Cristobal's buyout right now isnt that high... He hasn't signed an extension yet. He was rumored to get one last year but Oregon never did it. Now that he's getting Texas, Tennessee, Auburn rumors they're scrambling to get one done with a raise and larger buyout.

Nako telling me y’all deserve a CFP spot if y’all win. I’m expecting a convincing win because Oregon is sorry. Instead of Casper telling me this game means more to y’all instead of them, when a NY6 appearance is on the line :lol:
Never said that. Told you if ND loses a conf champ, probably OU deserves it.

Also been told you "we're losing the Pac 12 CG so doesn't matter."

Never said that. Told you if ND loses a conf champ, probably OU deserves it.

Also been told you "we're losing the Pac 12 CG so doesn't matter."
You said USC as well. Not just OU, who lost to a garbage KState team and we don’t have to relitigate. You think Mario is overrated and we know they should’ve loss to UCLA. Why should y’all lose to them?

You said USC as well. Not just OU, who lost to a garbage KState team and we don’t have to relitigate. You think Mario is overrated and we know they should’ve loss to UCLA. Why should y’all lose to them?
If USC wins out and ND loses, they should be in over ND.

But I don't think SC will win so as i said the argument for SC is academic.

Clark Lea got the Vandy gig.

Crazy he got a P5 job before Elko and some other high-end DCs...

———

Related:

is he worth it though? I mean Oregon hasn’t been great IMO

He was 8-36 in his time at Baylor. He's awful. He was 1-31 in BigXII conference play.

He's quite literally the worst head coach in the modern era of football at a football program that has always sucked. :lol: :lol:

I mean it really sounds like he’s the guy and Mario is using them for a raise. Very bizarre.

I mean maybe change for the sake of change is worth it.

But this feels like taking the cheap way out and cutting off your nose to spite your face.

1608045425701.jpeg

The height of silly season :lol:

Hitching himself to Coach O next year would be strange. Especially if he’s getting King back for another year. But stranger things have happened for sure.

Thats true, but with the talent that LSU & Auburn (esp LSU) tends to have on offense, 1 year might be all you need. If in 3 years you prove that you can produce a top flight offense in 3 different leagues (AAC, ACC, SEC) then I'd bet he'll have his pick of jobs come the end of the season. And he passed on the Arky State job so I'm guessing he's aiming relatively high for his HC gig.

With all that said you'd certainly have to have a GREAT deal of confidence in yourself to hitch your wagon to Coach O right now. Hell, maybe he thinks that if he goes to LSU and produces well on offense but they still fire Coach O he will have a inside track on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom