OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Josh Heupel only 42?! He's the oldest looking 42-year-old I've ever seen. Dude really aged like milk. Hard to believe that he's practically the same age as Kliff Kingsbury

Can someone explain the Zach Wilson hype to me and how he's viewed as a better prospect than Justin Fields? People give Justin Fields crap for having sub-par games In a few big games this season yet hype up Zach Wilson who didn't play in a big game the entire season and lost to the only team they played that has a pulse (Coastal Carolina). Zach put up some great numbers against low-level competition and all of a sudden he's a top five pick?

My brother and I have this theory that every year there's a media creation QB who comes out of nowhere and gets drafted really high (Daniel Jones, Mitch trubisky types).

How is Josh Heupel only 42?! He's the oldest looking 42-year-old I've ever seen. Dude really aged like milk. Hard to believe that he's practically the same age as Kliff Kingsbury
Heupel's issue isn't aging. He's just ugly. He looked exactly the same when he played at OU minus a few pounds.
Can someone explain the Zach Wilson hype to me and how he's viewed as a better prospect than Justin Fields? People give Justin Fields crap for having sub-par games In a few big games this season yet hype up Zach Wilson who didn't play in a big game the entire season and lost to the only team they played that has a pulse (Coastal Carolina). Zach put up some great numbers against low-level competition and all of a sudden he's a top five pick?

My brother and I have this theory that every year there's a media creation QB who comes out of nowhere and gets drafted really high (Daniel Jones, Mitch trubisky types).
Just gotta watch Zach Wilson throw a football, man. Daniel Jones and Mitch Trubisky never threw the football like Wilson does.

His arm is fantastic. There's arguments to made as a pure THROWER that Wilson's the best arm in this draft. He moves around well. He wasn't great in the Coastal Carolina game, but he was good and elevated late in that game. Traveling across the country on like 2 days notice to play, I'm not gonna hold that against him.

The biggest question is how he handles the speed of everything moving up... He's got a little bit of what plagued Johnny Manziel in bigger games at A&M, and then into the NFL - where he just looks panicked at times. Like he's in a hurry. Johnny couldn't slow things down. Wilson's going to have to figure that out.

That said - I do think some of it in regards to Fields is a mix of fewer games (out of sight, out of mind) and the dud performances against Indiana, Northwestern and Bama. Combine that with OSU's track record with QBs in the league, and it's just a lot of overthinking.

There’s always a media driven QB prospect IMO seems to never fail

You hate throwing out these comps but there’s some Mahomes lite to Wilson’s game. He’s great at throwing off platform with accuracy.

The level comp argument shouldn’t really mean much for Wilson either in comparison to Fields. He didn’t have Austin Collie, and Dennis Pitta out there lined up for him this season. The gap between his guys and the secondarys they faced was much smaller, than OSU’s receiving corps and the comp they have played the past two seasons. Fields was throwing to wide open guys a lot more often than Wilson was.

As a Lions fan I’m hoping they trade the pick their going to get for Stafford with the Jets to get that kid.

You hate throwing out these comps but there’s some Mahomes lite to Wilson’s game. He’s great at throwing off platform with accuracy.

The level comp argument shouldn’t really mean much for Wilson either in comparison to Fields. He didn’t have Austin Collie, and Dennis Pitta out there lined up for him this season. The gap between his guys and the secondarys they faced was much smaller, than OSU’s receiving corps and the comp they have played the past two seasons. Fields was throwing to wide open guys a lot more often than Wilson was.

As a Lions fan I’m hoping they trade the pick their going to get for Stafford with the Jets to get that kid.
His ability to throw off script with velocity and on a dime is unreal.

And I agree on the level of comp thing... Fields is out there every Saturday surrounded by talent that's miles ahead of what he's going up against in the Big10, so it's not like you're getting apples to apples with him either.

I love Wilson, but I'm not convinced his head/mind is going to slow down enough for him to see things at the level he needs to in order to be an elite NFL guy.

Mahomes was really similar coming out of Tech, but for every guy that figures that part out, there's a million Manziel's or Bortles or Trubisky's that never have the game slow down for them.

**** outta herreeeeeeeeee

You take that #7 pick and you draft Kyle Trask and you like it!

I'll see y'all in September in my Wilson jersey, baby! (might just rip the 4 and nameplate off my Darnold.)

Damn, thought he was following Bobo? And surprised that he’s going to follow the kid y’all have coming in.

JT Daniels will be the starting QB this year and 2022 and beyond will be a battle between Stockton and Vandergriff. Vandagriff Will have a 1-year head start. It'll be another Eason, Fields, Fromm situation. Hopefully we make the right decision this time. The one time transfer rule will likely be in effect by then so the loser of the battle will likely leave.

I'd imagine that Carson Beck is also on his way out as well

Last edited:
damn, didn't even think about nako xl nako xl having to root for Wilson if they take him with the #2 pick :rofl:

I'm just glad he's going early and not ending up with Shanahan and the Niners. I think he would be scary with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom