OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like that’s tbd

1E065304-6A48-4700-9C8B-3E872E8A55B3.jpeg
From another 247 writer:

“No, the rule was just clarified. Support staff moving from one college to another do not fall under the IAWP rule like high school or seven-on-seven coaches do. It was not explicitly stated in the previous wording. TMK IAWP still exists for coaches and trainers not holding a job at a college.”

Great news for fans :pimp: :pimp:

Also hope it means the players are gonna start getting compensated for their likenesses finally

A step in the right direction but no mention of NCAA affiliation yet. Just "college football" so we'll see what that leads to. Otherwise get ready for fake schools, logos, mascots, stadiums, etc. :lol:

A step in the right direction but no mention of NCAA affiliation yet. Just "college football" so we'll see what that leads to. Otherwise get ready for fake schools, logos, mascots, stadiums, etc. :lol:

From the article, it sounds like they're working with a collegiate licensing company that can work with the individual schools and conferences. I think EA Sports is trying to sidestep the NCAA completely on this one. They will have generic players but with the NIL, Ed O'Bannon ruling we should be able to have game packs with real players.

Frankly, even if they did have generic players and schools, the NCAA community is very passionate, they'll have real rosters with real schools within days of the games release.

Nah there’s 100 FBS schools individually licensed. No real players yet but they say they’re watching the NIL rules decision this year.

game will prob be out in 2022

There will be a patch online within a day. I just want that college football.

Exactly. there were always real rosters out within 24 hours of the games release. Even if EA just gave us generic schools and stadiums, the community would have real stadiums, schools and players within a couple of days.

I don't entirely trust EA but we'll see

NCAA football always played better than Madden. It's going to be interesting to see how they implement the college football playoffs and targeting rules.

Being an EA game though, you know it'll be riddled with microtransactions. You're going to have to pay for jersey packs, certain stadiums, etc.

The audacity of Tennessee to pull anyone's offer at a time like this. I feel sorry for these kids. This is the side of recruiting that we don't see talked about enough. A lot of these kids who decommit aren't doing so of their own free will, they're having their offers pulled (In some cases, right before signing day)

The audacity of Tennessee to pull anyone's offer at a time like this. I feel sorry for these kids. This is the side of recruiting that we don't see talked about enough. A lot of these kids who decommit aren't doing so of their own free will, they're having their offers pulled (In some cases, right before signing day)
Yea, but typically there’s an ongoing dialogue and kids know what the deal is. In certain circumstances their blind sided, sure. But it’s an entirely new coaching staff I’m not sure what you’re criticizing them for? It’s not like Pruitt pulled the scholarship. It’s an unfortunate part of the business.

Are there any barriers to getting coaches in the game, besides having to deal with all 130 of them individually? You would think from a recruiting perspective you’d want to be in the game, and from a dynasty perspective it becomes a coaches game after a few years anyway.

I just want to be able to upload images for my own custom play boards

2015-1121-indiana-signal-sign-cardsjpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom