OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
False start out of the break :lol:

Getting ready for that long field goal and

IMG_5905.gif

Tons of credit to Retzlaff, had the vision to keep going on the previous play and then looked like he had nothing there

I would much prefer WSU blow a game or two down the stretch and not get embarrassed in a bowl game they don't deserve to be in, based on their (potential) record. They have the easiest schedule left out of all FBS teams, but we know how that goes for them.

Man I love how a lot of these typical bad/mid teams are having so much success this year meanwhile the usual powerhouses look beatable

Playing away games (recruiting) too much would be a bold strategy when you’re in a state like Cali

Y’all gonna stop believing and reposting Luca’s ******** someday. Years ago it was Scott Wolf, now it’s this weasel. What’s USC’s 2026 recruiting ranking and where are those kids from?

Lincoln and Donte flew to MD and Bosco in a helicopter the day he was hired.

USC has had multiple kids the last few years flip last minute to Oregon.

Why didn’t he ask Coach Negron what that’s about. Or why he thinks Lincoln is recruiting not just GA, Louisiana, and TX but other area schools so much harder than Mater Dei and Bosco? Actually… ask MD and Bosco why and how THEY are recruiting kids from Georgia.

Last edited:
Don't really follow recruiting, but Antonio Morales said this back in July.

When will USC focus more on California and West Coast recruits and tone it down on national recruiting where everybody and their brother are offering highly valued players? — Joe D.

I’m not quite sure there will be a shift in strategy. Riley has stated that he wants to take a national approach to recruiting, and we’ve seen several programs over the past few years sort of de-emphasize local recruiting.

It’s just going to be difficult to win those high-profile, out-of-state recruiting battles unless the program becomes more aggressive with NIL on the high school recruiting front. Especially when a lot of the programs the Trojans are competing against are established powers like Georgia and Ohio State.

USC has tried with some local recruits — it hasn’t completely alienated its backyard — but the losses have mounted dating back to Matayo Uiagalelei, who signed with Oregon in Riley’s first full cycle, all the way to Noah Mikhail, a 2025 recruit who committed to Texas A&M a few weeks ago.

I believe there are several reasons for the disconnect. USC simply isn’t as high on some of the prospects in the region as the recruiting sites are. It doesn’t want to get involved in NIL-driven recruitments. Sometimes the staff just gets beat in a recruiting battle. And sometimes kids just want to leave the footprint.

The Trojans hold commitments from just three of California’s 33 blue-chip prospects in the current recruiting cycle.

USC needs to win games and display improvement on the field. I know Miami and Texas A&M haven’t won a ton of games recently either, but those schools are pretty aggressive NIL-wise. If USC isn’t aggressive NIL-wise and isn’t winning, it’s going to have a tough time getting players locally or nationally.

The Trojans have to give these recruits a reason to want to play at USC.

Back
Top Bottom