OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why dude keeps talking about USC every chance he gets.

"So the end of (recruitment) came and I was still committed to USC ... and then USC, they fired -- they were playing Georgia Tech or somebody like that, and I was at the All-American Game. That was the year they only had probably 15 commits because they were under NCAA sanctions .... We already knew the whole class, so we're all at the Army All-American game and we're all like 'they're going out sad. We have to change that around.' Because they had lost to Georgia Tech while we were there. And then probably like a day later, we're in San Antonio, we wake up and the news coverage is that they fire Monte (Kiffin). They fire Monte like on the tarmac when they landed, right then and there. I'm like, 'dang, they couldn't have fired Monte. Monte was the one I really rocked with .... (Lane) has to fire his own pops? That ain't a good look. S***. What's next? You can kind of see where it's all going from that move right there.

"Then they hire (
Clancy Pendergast) from Cal. I was never interested in Cal. I didn't want to go to Cal. I didn't like their schemes or anything they had going on. They never had any 'dogs' on the defensive side ... I still gave him a chance because I wanted to go to my dream school. I went out there and met with him, and even at the time, the DB coach at USC, Marvin Sanders, he ended up telling me straight up on my official visit that he didn't think Clancy would keep him ... I'm like 'It ain't Monte anymore, it ain't you anymore ... I don't know what's going on. Do I want to go all the way to the other side of the country to a situation where I'm uncertain? I need to look at my other options." -- Jalen Ramsey on the 'Catchin' Fades' podcast

All that being said, Ramsey's recollection of the coaching dominos is a bit off -- Monte Kiffinwas not fired but resigned in November 2012, while it was Lane Kiffin who was fired on the LAX tarmac, a move that didn't come until November 2013 when USC returned home from a road loss at Arizona State. Pendergast, however, was indeed hired in January 2013 and did not retain Sanders.

man Bryce Young is about to set the bar for NIL dinero coming his way. So phenomenal.

I think it's going to be the wild West for a while. It seems odd that he's made this much money without ever having played a meaningful down of college football. What if he's ends up being a bust or getting injured?

I think it's going to be the wild West for a while. It seems odd that he's made this much money without ever having played a meaningful down of college football. What if he's ends up being a bust or getting injured?
Mannnn, those are boosters lol.

Yes, the Bama QB will always have rockstar potential under Saban, because of the exposure and attention, but those are boosters funneling him money. Same way Kayvon Thibodeaux's deal is Phil Knight paying debts.

No.

A&M, Arkansas and Missouri have zero incentive to bring those two into the fold. You'd have to have unanimous buy-in from everyone else to get that vote approved. There's no way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom