OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If USC leaves the Pac12, we're headed straight for 3 power conferences and the West Coast dies. :lol:

Would the Big10 and the SEC just try to get to 20 each and consolidate all the football firepower to 2 conferences?

SEC takes Miami, Florida State, Clemson and North Carolina(?)
ACC takes USC and Oregon from the Pac... Notre Dame... UCLA? Washington? The two Virginias?

Wasn't the idea to have Four 16 team mega conferences a few years ago when expansion first happened?

Wasn't the idea to have 16 mega conferences a few years ago when expansion first happened?
I think that was the idea a decade ago...

But the media rights landscape has shifted so aggressively in the last 10 years, who knows what that looks like now.

Shocking Kirk Bohls would be dead *** wrong while trying to throw shade, really.

OU offensively is still going to be able to hang points on anyone, and being in the SEC might convince some more elite defensive guys to give them a look now. I wouldn’t worry about them.

UT is going to struggle tho, and Sark’s leash just got a lot shorter.
Sark's not going to be there in 2025 lol.

To put things in perspective, Texas went 6-3 against a Big 12 schedule where they played two ranked teams.
Screenshot_20210723-123905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Unless they have some crazy roster turnover, they won't be ready to play the Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia, etc of the world by 2022. They're just going to get pushed around in the trenches.

Currently, Texas would struggle with the Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee of the world

I don't think Sark signed up for all this 😆
1627068169719.png

You guys are being entirely silly with all this "is Texas better than Arkansas? Mizzou?" talk.

Other boards are saying the B10 has been talking to PAC schools (Oregon and USC). I dno how much truth there is to that (probably none) but that would be wild having a conference spanning from NJ to Cal.

nako xl nako xl have you heard any USC chatter?

Greg Fluguar:

BTM

“Big Ten has been proactive. They have support of Media partner in FOX Sports in looking at National Conference option with different regional alignments for Pods. Will shuffle through larger options first. Preliminary direct talks with some PAC schools were done weeks ago”
Not Oregon from what I've heard. I posted earlier, but it was USC and CU.

Pac 12 is panicking. There's a lot more smoke around USC going independent.

I've been posting about it for 2 years, but USC leaving the pac 12 has been in the works for some time now. Boosters and admins have been REALLY REALLY unhappy. The conference has been in damage control with them since Folt and Bohn got there.

So they're gonna dump A&M, Texas and OU into a single pod? :lol: :lol: With Arkansas, I'd assume.

What's LSU get? Mizzouri and the Mississippi's?

Proposed setup was:
OU/TX/A&M/ARK
LSU/MISS/MISS ST/MIZZOU
BAMA/AUB/VANDY/UK
UF/UGA/SCAR/TENN

They want to be able to keep 1 permanent traditional rivalry (AUB-UGA, BAMA-TN, LSU-UF). Probably will go to 10 conference games with this format.

So they're gonna dump A&M, Texas and OU into a single pod? :lol: :lol: With Arkansas, I'd assume.

What's LSU get? Mizzouri and the Mississippi's?

Or it might A&M is going to be in the LSU pod, and Texas is going to be it’s cross pod rival.

How they handle these cross pod rivals is going to be interesting, because I’m sure LSU and UF want to get out of their game.

Shocking Kirk Bohls would be dead *** wrong while trying to throw shade, really.

A&M was the only SEC school with their AD present at media days :lol:

Josh Pate just said it’s widely believed by everyone in media the leak came from TAMU

No disrespect to isu 42 isu 42 but meh. Outside of being another AAU school they don’t add anything else.

I don't see it at all. Iowa State's best bet is trying to go to the PAC 12 and being in a division with other former Big 12 members. Even that seems like a stretch.

Proposed setup was:
OU/TX/A&M/ARK
LSU/MISS/MISS ST/MIZZOU
BAMA/AUB/VANDY/UK
UF/UGA/SCAR/TENN

They want to be able to keep 1 permanent traditional rivalry (AUB-UGA, BAMA-TN, LSU-UF). Probably will go to 10 conference games with this format.
I had seen the same but with A&M and Mizzou flipped.

Maybe they do create cross-pod rivals like they have now.

A&M/Texas, Bama/Tennessee, UGA/Barn, Florida/LSU ... That way you still get your marquee rival games throughout the season on a permanent basis.

Gives Oklahoma a hell of a pass out the gate from a scheduling perspective, though.

I think you're missing the point. The argument in here has been that Texas will be outmatched and a 7-5 / 6-6 team who wouldn't even be better than Arkansas if they dared even try to play SEC teams.

Texas destroyed Georgia in that game. It wasn't close. Mizzou won the SEC East twice, what their first two years in the conference? TAMU ran roughshod over the conference last year. Both schools this narrative was sprouted about back in 2011. And A&M just went out and beat national champion Bama their first time out.

When people say "The SEC is a gauntlet," what they really mean is every team with Bama on their schedule almost certainly has 1 loss before the year has even started and they need to navigate things from there out with that knowledge.

Texas will be fine and OU, especially, will be perfectly fine.

And if you want to really keep it ALL the way 100, the day Saban retires, Lincoln Riley probably becomes the best coach in that conference and Texas the best resourced program. OU probably becomes the SEC playoff favorite the second Saban calls it quits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom