OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fun twist… A&M’s board of regents voted unanimously to approve SEC expansion.

Cashflow projections must be bonkers.
Or they didn’t want the embarrassment of looking like they were throwing a fruitless public tantrum. The projections probably didn’t change that much between today and last week when they were protesting the move at media day.

I’m glad college football’s going to happen this season and that nothing’s gonna get weird before September

Or they didn’t want the embarrassment of looking like they were throwing a fruitless public tantrum. The projections probably didn’t change that much between today and last week when they were protesting the move at media day.
As more came out on their side, Bjork was apparently genuinely caught off guard when things leaked at media day.

Like I said from the beginning, it made no sense that A&M would’ve been responsible for that leak to have Bjork flailing in the wind like he was when he got asked. Also explains why Jimbo just kinda chuckled and blew it off as “yeah sure”.

They’ve had three Presidents in the last 6 months between a retirement, interim and new appointment. And it sounds like along the way each admin had thought the other clued the athletic department in.

From the sound of it, A&M’s upper administration has been on board with this for awhile now - and for whatever reason it never got funneled down to the AD.

Pretty massive screw up, obviously, but also explains the mixed messaging on whether or not A&M was “kept in the dark” as we saw in the immediate aftermath of the leak.

Parts of their BOR meetings the last couple of weeks have been dedicated to “how the **** did this breakdown in communication happen and who’s responsible?”

As more came out on their side, Bjork was apparently genuinely caught off guard when things leaked at media day.

Like I said from the beginning, it made no sense that A&M would’ve been responsible for that leak to have Bjork flailing in the wind like he was when he got asked. Also explains why Jimbo just kinda chuckled and blew it off as “yeah sure”.

They’ve had three Presidents in the last 6 months between a retirement, interim and new appointment. And it sounds like along the way each admin had thought the other clued the athletic department in.

From the sound of it, A&M’s upper administration has been on board with this for awhile now - and for whatever reason it never got funneled down to the AD.

Pretty massive screw up, obviously, but also explains the mixed messaging on whether or not A&M was “kept in the dark” as we saw in the immediate aftermath of the leak.

Parts of their BOR meetings the last couple of weeks have been dedicated to “how the **** did this breakdown in communication happen and who’s responsible?”

You don't actually believe this do you?

You don't actually believe this do you?
From the people that have said it? Yeah, I do.

And if it's not the case, Ross Bjork's head should be on the chopping block for how he handled last week/media days if he wasn't more prepared to answer questions and toe a line on this expansion than what he presented at the time.

Last edited:
From the people that have said it? Yeah, I do.

And if it's not the case, Ross Bjork's head should be on the chopping block for how he handled last week/media days if he wasn't more prepared to answer questions and toe a line on this expansion than what he presented at the time.
Why was Bjork the only AD at media days?

So you believe that there would be this monumental athletics move that could kill the NCAA happening, and… the A&M AD wasn’t made aware or involved, but the school what bursar knew?

Why was Bjork the only AD at media days?

So you believe that there would be this monumental athletics move that could kill the NCAA happening, and… the A&M AD wasn’t made aware or involved, but the school what bursar knew?
I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this because I honestly couldn't care less what you think of what I choose to believe and we're not going to agree on it regardless.

But this isn't random 247 or Rivals message board fodder from anonymous people.

I don't know why Ross Bjork was at media days. Frankly, I don't get why you're stuck on it like it matters. He attended media days when he was at Ole Miss previously, too.

The speculation has long been that A&M leaked it at media days to try and kill it. It's painfully obvious this was far enough along that killing it in its tracks wasn't going to happen. So you think Ross Bjork showed up to media days, coming off A&M's best season in decades - with a team that's got its first real shot to compete for an SEC Title - with intentions of having to answer questions and pout about Texas and Oklahoma? Texas A&M's athletic department has done some insanely stupid **** in their history... That would take the cake.

If you think this was something he was completely prepared for based on how he handled the questions in interviews he did, cool.

Richard Johnson on SZD mentioned how Oklahoma is skating by in regards to the blow black from what the schools are trying to do and I agree 100%

It’s all about Texas

(Maybe this was already mentioned)

If it wasn't clear before KU needs to get out of the Big12 ASAP. No way would I feel comfortable with Bowlsby at the helm. What a joke.

Introducing USC true freshman LB Julien Simon:

1627619641781.jpeg

Probably got his info from that West Virginia Twitter account that's been wrong about every step of realignment the last 10 years.

Okay I know the Bush story but haven’t been following all of the updates since the NIL stuff passed. So basically he’s wanting his heisman back now due to NIL passing and people being allowed to make money off themselves?

He feels that Supreme Court ruling invalidated the NCAA’s justification for punishing him and USC.

Todd McNair also just settled for $8M because the NCAA punished him and intentionally killed his career (as a way to additionally stain USC) with no actual evidence of wrongdoing and they were gonna lose that defamation lawsuit.

The crux of Reggie’s argument is, if the Supreme Court said that denying athletes the right to profit off their NIL (what Reggie was actually ex-communicated for was accepting a new stereo system from an NFL agent for a car he already owned) and another high court was about to rule that the NCAA had no evidence of Todd McNair’s involvement in an infraction and none of the infraction they accused McNair of, then the punishment doesn’t make sense.

There’s also some stuff known about the agents who allegedly paid Reggie giving false statements to the NCAA and the NCAA pressuring people to say things on the record about Reggie and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom