OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that.

Definitely seen the whispers the ACC doesn’t want them.

Would the ACC prefer Cincinnati? Is UC + ND their goal in an expansion scenario?
I’m not sure the ACC actually wants Cincinnati either but I don’t think WVU is getting that spot. But I can’t really think of a Big 12 team that really makes sense either. FSU and Miami would not be in favor of UCF getting a spot either.
The ACC doesn’t want West Virginia. They passed on them last two realignment go arounds too, but the scuttlebutt has been they’re not interested.

They and the big 12 didn’t want Cincinnati last time either.

OU, Texas, A&M, LSU and Bama, Barn, UF and UGA is borderline hysterical.

I didn’t realize the ACC basically owns Notre Dame from now til eternity if they decide to go conference affiliated.

Making a move feels inevitable/necessary, but I guess it makes sense the B1G wouldn’t be in a rush.

Yeah that ND agreement makes no sense to me. IF they were to ever join a conference it basically has to be the ACC, even though they currently have no affiliation besides their scheduling? Just weird that an independent school has that leveraged on them

They needed a place to put their Olympic sports after the Big East blew up which necessitated making that deal with the ACC.

The same deal was offered to the B1G first, but Delaney declined.

Very proud of everyone involved. I hope we get one MEGA ULTRA HYPER CONFERENCE with all the teams. BEAUTIFUL

2025 is a placeholder, for sure.

They're going to either pay the buyout or other teams will find somewhere to go and all it takes is 4 teams to completely obliterate it.

I heard on a podcast they’d say that date just so they don’t get penalized for leaving before the deals up. Essentially in hopes the conference will crumble before then

I heard on a podcast they’d say that date just so they don’t get penalized for leaving before the deals up. Essentially in hopes the conference will crumble before then
Big 12 wont want them there attracting bad attention for that long. They'll agree to let them leave long before.

I'll never understand comments from people like David Shaw. Who cares if a kid hasn't played a down. IF someone is willing to pay a young man that money, what's the big deal? Doesnt take away money for someone who "earns it." Company is paying someone money based on a perceived expectation from said player.

Programs been making billions off these young men for decades and now they get the opportunity to make some well deserved money for themselves and the comments are flying. Shut up man!

I'll never understand comments from people like David Shaw. Who cares if a kid hasn't played a down. IF someone is willing to pay a young man that money, what's the big deal? Doesnt take away money for someone who "earns it." Company is paying someone money based on a perceived expectation from said player.

Programs been making billions off these young men for decades and now they get the opportunity to make some well deserved money for themselves and the comments are flying. Shut up man!

I like David Shaw but that was a straight clown statement, especially when he put out content like this when recruiting

Shaw is a CLOWN for those comments. I want all of these young men to get as much money as they can while they can. Football is a dangerous sport and more and more players are having to retire in High School and College because of the injuries so why not make money and potentially have something to show for you making these coaches and schools millions.

I'm old school but as fans we don't really need to know these money numbers for every player every single day. Just go get yours it's your business anyway not ours. Wishful thinking I know, I'll go back to bed sorry.

I'm old school but as fans we don't really need to know these money numbers for every player every single day. Just go get yours it's your business anyway not ours. Wishful thinking I know, I'll go back to bed sorry.
It's about recruiting. The numbers aren't meant for you.

I mean - doesn't Shaw kind of have a point?

NIL needed to happen without a shadow of a doubt.

But market rate at Bama isn't market price just about anywhere else. It's an advantage. A significant one.

It's going to further consolidate the balance of power in college football. And that's probably fine - but guys like him do have reason to be concerned about it/frustrated by it.

Like I said before, this is what people asked for for so long and now when the separation between programs grows even larger it’ll be a sight to see

This is a stupid hill for the NCAA to die on. The "pay-for-play" reasoning is especially stupid considering they just settled a defamation law suit with Todd McNair who they banned over "unethical conduct" related to Reggie (he didn't do anything. No one at USC did.)

If I'm Reggie I bring the exact same lawsuit...

I mean - doesn't Shaw kind of have a point?

NIL needed to happen without a shadow of a doubt.

But market rate at Bama isn't market price just about anywhere else. It's an advantage. A significant one.

It's going to further consolidate the balance of power in college football. And that's probably fine - but guys like him do have reason to be concerned about it/frustrated by it.
Stanford can't have it both ways. The school brings in much more money overall than Alabama by selling their academics and international reach. You can't have that and Bama levels of football focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom