OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

The drop wasn't even the biggest gaffe of the game. Stupid decision and play call to go for it on 4th and 1 in FSU territory when it would've been a 35-40 yard FG.

Man, you hate to see another Mack Brown led team being wildly overrated and getting smacked back to reality. Dude could have made a killing in politics and made just as much money with less punishment.

On a serious note though, I still feel a bit uneasy seeing all those people in the crowd. I followed most of the game on the ESPN app vs watching it but I caught the last drive & celebration and man. Sure seemed like a ton of folks there

Hell of a line backer:

———
Bennett went 18/40 with 3 INTs after that Gameday special? Woof.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned Georgia is playing with house money tonight. I predicted Georgia to go 9-1 this season with a loss to Bama. This is the first regular season game I'm predicting Georgia to lose since 2016. I do believe this will be Stetson Bennett's last start. The knee brace is off JT Daniels and I think tonight will see that Bennett isn't Good enough to lead us to a playoff berth

The game went exactly how I thought it was going to go. Georgia is talented enough that they can handle having a game manager like Bennett at QB against almost every team in the country outside of a handful of true championship contenders. We can just out talent a lot of teams. In order to beat elite teams, we need more dynamic QB play and Stetson Bennett isn't the guy. Our coaching staff knows this: during the first game of the season the commentators told a story about how earlier this coaching staff said they didn't see Stetson Bennett being our QB going forward. I don't think that's changed, we just don't have much of a choice right now. JT Daniels still has knee soreness and Dwan Mathis ain't it.

I think we're right there with Bama at every position except QB and receiver. The difference in this game was Bennett's three interceptions and six or seven batted balls. Alabama started a fourth year, high four star QB and Georgia started a walk on.

Is JT Daniels going to 100% be the difference in a game like this? I don't know but I know offers more upside because he has better physical tools.

Is this supposed to be a knock on Kirby? Mark Richt was a beast his first five years at Georgia. He won the division of three times and won two SEC titles. What got him fired was the subsequent decade, not the first five years.

Is this supposed to be a knock on Kirby? Mark Richt was a beast his first five years at Georgia. He won the division of three times and won two SEC titles. What got him fired was the subsequent decade, not the first five years.
I take it as more of a knock on Georgia fans because you guys always talk about Kirby is different and should be in no way compared to Richt.

Dawg fans found the kid that called Justin Fields the n-word and run him outta town yet?

Single-handedly probably cost them a natty over the last 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom