OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kirby pulling Mathis after a quarter of him looking like he “ain’t it” and letting Stetson Bennet go 18 for 40 with 3 game losing picks the most Kirby thing ever?

Is Kirby pulling Mathis after a quarter of him looking like he “ain’t it” and letting Stetson Bennet go 18 for 40 with 3 game losing picks the most Kirby thing ever?
Chill, still time for your boy JTD to save the day AND win the Heisman this year.

Let's not get crazy here. did you watch that first half against Arkansas? Mathis literally couldn't take snaps without fumbling or doing something stupid. Bennett isn't much better but he's light years ahead of what we saw from Mathis.

Let's not get crazy here. did you watch that first half against Arkansas? Mathis literally couldn't take snaps without fumbling or doing something stupid. Bennett isn't much better but he's light years ahead of what we saw from Mathis.
Weren't you just scolding the thread over Week 1 overreactions? This isn't a massive overreaction to the first snaps a RS Frosh has ever seen being a SEC game when he's playing for the first time in 2 years after surgery on his brain? UGA insiders hyped him up during camp. Were they lying or you're just making Week 1 overreactions?

Weren't you just scolding the thread over Week 1 overreactions? This isn't a massive overreaction to the first snaps a RS Frosh has ever seen being a SEC game when he's playing for the first time in 2 years after surgery on his brain? UGA insiders hyped him up during camp. Were they lying or you're just making Week 1 overreactions?

I totally understand them pulling him against Arkansas. If it weren't FBS team, I totally understand leaving him in there to take his lumps but we were on the verge of losing, which shows just how poorly he was playing. Stetson Bennett immediately came in and settled the offense down.

I didn't believe the practice reports about Mathis but I never believe any practice reports. Practice reports said that Jarett Guarantano made strides during fall camp lol.

Against an Arkansas defense that’s looking like it’s top 2-3 in the SEC?

sounds like you may have overreacted to what you saw week 1 based on preconceived notions stemming back to 2019. But hey.

Last edited:
I totally understand them pulling him against Arkansas. If it weren't FBS team, I totally understand leaving him in there to take his lumps but we were on the verge of losing, which shows just how poorly he was playing. Stetson Bennett immediately came in and settled the offense down.

I didn't believe the practice reports about Mathis but I never believe any practice reports. Practice reports said that Jarett Guarantano made strides during fall camp lol.
It was his first start ever. Could've taken him out to settle him down and go back to him. If a guys win the job, kind of weird to bench him in his first start ever in the first game of the year.

Yeah I think the Mathis thing is pretty easily explainable by Arkansas being way better than anyone thought they’d be and him basically not playing football for two years.

he wasn’t good - but that’s an insanely short leash to be replaced by a guy you supposedly clearly outplayed through camp and it’s obvious isn’t good enough to get you where you wanna go.

Like Bennett was running FOURTH on the depth chart in camp :lol:. Benching Mathis for poor play in his first start ever after he won the job is pretty wild. The fact that he didn’t get any FCS tune ups shouldve made it even more obvious that he may have some early struggles. Now they’re rolling with Bennett for the year or praying that another QB coming off a major injury is the one who takes the reins?

I'll never understand how Georgia cant find great receivers being in the south. Its like Michigan cant find a QB.

Like Bennett was running FOURTH on the depth chart in camp :lol:. Benching Mathis for poor play in his first start ever after he won the job is pretty wild. The fact that he didn’t get any FCS tune ups shouldve made it even more obvious that he may have some early struggles. Now they’re rolling with Bennett for the year or praying that another QB coming off a major injury is the one who takes the reins?

Mathis looked as lost as any QB I've ever seen under center. He literally looked like he hadn't practiced and showed up last week:
6 drives. 0 points scored and only 36 yards of offense while he was in.

8 for 17 for 55 yards and 0 TDs to 1 interception with 25 yards rushing

Almost threw another interception that could have been a pick six

After the big hit on the sideline in the first drive, the next drive he took off running, he stepped out of bounds a yard short setting up a 4th and 1 leading to a punt

Mishandled the snap leading to a punt rather than a first down or at least a FG try.

If we would have kept Mathis in that game, I think there's a strong possibility that we lose to Arkansas. Couple that with the fact that Bennett looked good against two ranked teams and I totally understand why we went with him. I don't think either guy is our number one choice but Daniels is still having some knee soreness so he's not 100% yet

This couple with what they did to Kittle make me wonder what’s really good with Ferentz. He and the staff must really buy into their run it like a military mentality.

Meanwhile Utah’s DC who admitted to calling a recruit the N word with an ER is still on staff :lol:

Bru snatching ankles

ECD20F28-839E-4343-AC3C-69F7BA068331.gif

What’s the Kittle story?
Think he's referring to the fact that they completely trashed him to scouts.
The Iowa coaches didn’t like him so they tried to submarine his draft stock and keep him from making the league by lying and trashing him to scouts.

Apparently the fired coach, Doyle, used to do this regularly to black players and would wield his excessive influence over their careers as a way to silence complaints.

Mathis looked as lost as any QB I've ever seen under center. He literally looked like he hadn't practiced and showed up last week:
6 drives. 0 points scored and only 36 yards of offense while he was in.

8 for 17 for 55 yards and 0 TDs to 1 interception with 25 yards rushing

Almost threw another interception that could have been a pick six

After the big hit on the sideline in the first drive, the next drive he took off running, he stepped out of bounds a yard short setting up a 4th and 1 leading to a punt

Mishandled the snap leading to a punt rather than a first down or at least a FG try.

If we would have kept Mathis in that game, I think there's a strong possibility that we lose to Arkansas. Couple that with the fact that Bennett looked good against two ranked teams and I totally understand why we went with him. I don't think either guy is our number one choice but Daniels is still having some knee soreness so he's not 100% yet
But didn’t Kirby do this same thing against Bama with Justin Fields on the team?

And didn’t UGA fans make excuses back then too for why Fields wasn’t really playing and when he did why he wasn’t allowed to throw a pass?

At what point does Occam’s razor apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom