OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn’t Kirby do this same thing against Bama with Justin Fields on the team?

And didn’t UGA fans make excuses back then too for why Fields wasn’t really playing and when he did why he wasn’t allowed to throw a pass?

At what point does Occam’s razor apply?

I don't know what you're talking about against Alabama. Are you talking about the fake punt? I really don't know what you're talking about.

At the end of the day a good football player is a good football player, but hasn’t Kittle kind of confirmed some of the football character concerns? Dude regularly carries an injury designation throughout the week to skip out on practices then shows up perfectly fine and ready to play on Sunday. Huge props to him for what he does between the lines when it matters though.

I don't know what you're talking about against Alabama. Are you talking about the fake punt? I really don't know what you're talking about.
In the 2018 SEC championship game Justin Fields played how many snaps? 5? One of which was a stupid fake punt play that everyone knew was going to him? This board was full of people asking why he wasn't in for more plays and why he wasn't being allowed to throw the ball.

Every time he came in it was to hand the ball off or for a designed QB run or option. Justin was given 39 passing plays all of the 2018 season and 24 of those pass attempts were against Austin Peay, MTSU, and UMass.

You and other UGA fans were in here insisting you trusted the coaches, that Fields was struggling to pick up your offense (lmao) and that he wasn't ready to run the full playbook and they must be playing Fromm because he's better right now.

You don't see that you're doing it again? 4 weeks ago, you trusted the coaches that D'wan Mathis was better than JT Daniels, now it's you trust the coaches that Stetson Bennet is the best QB available, despite not even being in the conversation in camp.

I’m not sure how he couldn’t figure out the vanilla UGA offense but came to OSU and learned that in a shorter period of time

Georgia had a very antiquated, pro style offense under Jim Chaney. It wasn't very player friendly and it was over complicated for the college game. At Ohio State he's getting much better coaching and is playing in a scheme that fits his skill set and he's flourishing because of it.

Georgia had a very antiquated, pro style offense under Jim Chaney. It wasn't very player friendly and it was over complicated for the college game. At Ohio State he's getting much better coaching and is playing in a scheme that fits his skill set and he's flourishing because of it.
But Fromm handled it fine as a true frosh when they went to him?

We all know what it was, the coaches weren’t ready to get Fromm out the paint n were hoping Fields would be cool with sitting and waiting...Didn’t matter if yo was “ready or not” Fields just never had a real shot at being QB at the time, he peeped that and dipped

This year a combo of bad luck with Newman leaving and not that great of preparation at the QB position got the Dawgs lookin shaky under center...They should probly give the 1st dude another shot since they already got an L

In the 2018 SEC championship game Justin Fields played how many snaps? 5? One of which was a stupid fake punt play that everyone knew was going to him? This board was full of people asking why he wasn't in for more plays and why he wasn't being allowed to throw the ball.

Every time he came in it was to hand the ball off or for a designed QB run or option. Justin was given 39 passing plays all of the 2018 season and 24 of those pass attempts were against Austin Peay, MTSU, and UMass.

You and other UGA fans were in here insisting you trusted the coaches, that Fields was struggling to pick up your offense (lmao) and that he wasn't ready to run the full playbook and they must be playing Fromm because he's better right now.

You don't see that you're doing it again? 4 weeks ago, you trusted the coaches that D'wan Mathis was better than JT Daniels, now it's you trust the coaches that Stetson Bennet is the best QB available, despite not even being in the conversation in camp.

Honestly, I don't know. I've never really been one to buy into practice report hype and practices aren't open to the public. All we can do is evaluate what I've seen on the field. So far Bennett has looked decent against a couple of teams. We were all aware of Bennett's limitations so it's not surprising he struggled against a team like Alabama.

Could the coaching staff be making the wrong decision and handling things poorly? Of course they could, I'm in no position to judge. I knew would be in a tough spot once Jamie Newman opted out because he had taken first-team reps throughout the majority of fall camp. Right now we're just holding out to see when JT Daniels will be healthy.

But Fromm handled it fine as a true frosh when they went to him?

Kind of. He wasn't asked to do very much as a true freshman, we were literally running for 250 yards per game and only throwing the ball when absolutely necessary. We had 3 NFL running backs (Chubb, Michel and Swift) and four linemen that ended up in the NFL as well (Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wilson, Solomon Kinsley and Lamont Hillard). We didn't exactly ask him to win us many games on his own lol.

We all know what it was, the coaches weren’t ready to get Fromm out the paint n were hoping Fields would be cool with sitting and waiting...Didn’t matter if yo was “ready or not” Fields just never had a real shot at being QB at the time, he peeped that and dipped

This year a combo of bad luck with Newman leaving and not that great of preparation at the QB position got the Dawgs lookin shaky under center...They should probly give the 1st dude another shot since they already got an L

This is essentially it. I'll admit the coaching staff botched the Justin Field's situation as bad as you possibly could have but This season they went out and got a grad transfer QB who bailed on the team a month before the season started. We were left with:

Mathis a player who recently recovered from brain surgery and hadn't played football in two years

JT Daniels who isn't healthy yet

Carson Beck a true freshman

and Bennett, a former walk on.

Last edited:
I really thought Bennett was doing a solid job up until Bama. But Bama makes many QB's look bad.

He's better than Mathis, even though the sample size for Mathis is small.

In no way should Bennett be pulled for Mathis. For JT? Different story. I also dont think it made sense to play JT against Bama. But he should get ready.

1603148297755.gif

I really thought Bennett was doing a solid job up until Bama. But Bama makes many QB's look bad.

He's better than Mathis, even though the sample size for Mathis is small.

In no way should Bennett be pulled for Mathis. For JT? Different story. I also dont think it made sense to play JT against Bama. But he should get ready.

Then it played well in his first couple of starts so I totally understand the Georgia coaching staff just rolling with him for the time being.

We knew his physical limitations and they were coming time where we would need more dynamic QB play. There were so many easy passes that he missed an awful decisions that he made. Rivals did a film study and they noticed that Bennett essentially stares down his primary receiver the entire time and misses a ton of easy plays. Bama's defense is super suspect and with competent QB play, I firmly believe UGA would have been right there with them.

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

But didn’t Kirby do this same thing against Bama with Justin Fields on the team?

And didn’t UGA fans make excuses back then too for why Fields wasn’t really playing and when he did why he wasn’t allowed to throw a pass?

At what point does Occam’s razor apply?

That was LSU, long before we played Bama. Fromm stunk it tf up and they didn't even give Fields a shot. Whole team knew Fields was the guy, Coley was even calling plays that suited Fields while Fromm was in :lol::lol: til this day, fans are still saying he couldn't grasp the playbook. No, we can't develop QB's.

Gotta be something else at play like boosters. Same thing with DJ Shockley.. Athens is infatuated with the average Joe that's a brainiac on a whiteboard. I thought Newman would be perfect being from Wake Forest but he just up and left UGA for 2wks, came back for couple weeks and then said F this and opted out.. most speculated it was because JT was pushing >D heh..

D'Wan won the job and only got a week and a half of reps with the 1st team before Game 1. You pull him and Stet gets going. Cool, but you don't get D'Wan ANYmore game reps knowing JT is gonna be out a while and he's all we have????? Stet is a RSJr with Juco exp, aint nothing else to develop, he's maxed. If I'm D'Wan I'm in the portal yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom