OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see is Burrow has 5 more TDs and a slightly higher completion average against inferior competition

The Feds should grow some balls and investigate **** like this instead of broke college kids losing their side hustle and getting $700/week.

The U.S. Roman Catholic Church used a special and unprecedented exemption from federal rules to amass at least $1.4 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus aid, with many millions going to dioceses that have paid huge settlements or sought bankruptcy protection because of clergy sexual abuse cover-ups.

The church’s haul may have reached -- or even exceeded -- $3.5 billion, making a global religious institution with more than a billion followers among the biggest winners in the U.S. government’s pandemic relief efforts, an Associated Press analysis of federal data released this week found.

Weird that fed agents targeted the kid, but not surprised that he got suspended for filing for benefits.
Weird thing is it’s apparently legal and allowed under ncaa rules as long as you qualify. He just probably doesn’t qualify the way the rules are written but so many people were approved he got bad info. The federal agent thing could also imply they think its more of an intentional fraud/possible ring though.

Weird thing is it’s apparently legal and allowed under ncaa rules as long as you qualify. He just probably doesn’t qualify the way the rules are written but so many people were approved he got bad info. The federal agent thing could also imply they think its more of an intentional fraud/possible ring though.
Yea, he probably doesn’t qualify as being “unemployed” under the state law. Completely not surprising given his status as a student.

I believe athletes can work summer jobs up to a certain amount of hours. Seems like this young man was either confused around the parameters of the federal program, given bad advice on who and what qualifies or he was a reseller of shoes and when the pandemic hit he wasn’t selling as many so his income dried up.
unless this dude was running a counterfeit ring out of his dorm I’m more inclined to believe the Feds or the NCAA are wasting time on ‘nickels and dimes’ while Multi million dollars companies got access to those very same loans.

I believe athletes can work summer jobs up to a certain amount of hours. Seems like this young man was either confused around the parameters of the federal program, given bad advice on who and what qualifies or he was a reseller of shoes and when the pandemic hit he wasn’t selling as many so his income dried up.
unless this dude was running a counterfeit ring out of his dorm I’m more inclined to believe the Feds or the NCAA are wasting time on ‘nickels and dimes’ while Multi million dollars companies got access to those very same loans.
I think it’s the last thing. The fbi was investigating usc because of pay for play in basketball and the varsity blues scholarship scandal so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re just on campus looking for another scandal and headline win. They want it to be a ring of students committing intentional fraud.

Last edited:
Pretty insane take care by the Rivals Godfather, Mike Farrell. He's literally suggesting that Georgia should put JT Daniels out there regardless of his health. Obviously he's Georgia's most talented QB but if he's not healthy and doesn't feel comfortable, it's insane to even suggest that the coaching staff should put them out there. Imagine if he suffers a career ending or life threatening injury?

I swear, these players are cattle to some people in the industry.

856082E5-822F-4BD3-806B-15E399B4BAA0.jpeg

wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom