OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was LSU, long before we played Bama. Fromm stunk it tf up and they didn't even give Fields a shot. Whole team knew Fields was the guy, Coley was even calling plays that suited Fields while Fromm was in :lol::lol: til this day, fans are still saying he couldn't grasp the playbook. No, we can't develop QB's.

Gotta be something else at play like boosters. Same thing with DJ Shockley.. Athens is infatuated with the average Joe that's a brainiac on a whiteboard. I thought Newman would be perfect being from Wake Forest but he just up and left UGA for 2wks, came back for couple weeks and then said F this and opted out.. most speculated it was because JT was pushing >D heh..

D'Wan won the job and only got a week and a half of reps with the 1st team before Game 1. You pull him and Stet gets going. Cool, but you don't get D'Wan ANYmore game reps knowing JT is gonna be out a while and he's all we have????? Stet is a RSJr with Juco exp, aint nothing else to develop, he's maxed. If I'm D'Wan I'm in the portal yesterday.

tenor.gif

Mac Jones really is balling out. Man. Hope he balls out enough to leave after this season
No reason to comeback, if continues with this path, he's playing like high draft pick.

The question marks on him wouldn't be something he can really improve; mobility, athleticism and other physical measurables.

No reason to comeback, if continues with this path, he's playing like high draft pick.

The question marks on him wouldn't be something he can really improve; mobility, athleticism and other physical measurables.

Mac really needs to go pro after this season. He'll have nothing else to prove and physically, he's not going to get any bigger, stronger or faster. Plus Bryce Young might start looking around if Mac comes back next season. I don't think he's trying to wait until his junior year to play.
He's played really well and he throws a beautiful deep ball. Statistically speaking, he's playing better than Tua we're just really saying something. I also think that it's a lot tougher than Tua. Mac Jones will stand in that pocket and take hits and stay in the game as opposed to going in the medical tent and shying away from contact like Tua.

Unfortunately, I don't think NFL teams are drafting guys who have no mobility in the first round anymore. He would be a sure-fire first rounder a decade ago.

There's also a question of is he actually this good or is he the product of the talent around him. He has two first-round picks at receiver, arguably the best running back in the nation and three of his linemen will be drafted in the first couple rounds. On top of that he has any lead offensive coordinator. He is playing great but he has just about every advantage of QB can have.

Last edited:
Mac Jones is beautiful.

Guys that throw deep balls that well are always going to be in demand. He's surgical.

Mac really needs to go pro after this season. He'll have nothing else to prove and physically, he's not going to get any bigger, stronger or faster. Plus Bryce Young might start looking around if Mac comes back next season. I don't think he's trying to wait until his junior year to play.
He's played really well and he throws a beautiful deep ball. Statistically speaking, he's playing better than Tua we're just really saying something. I also think that it's a lot tougher than Tua. Mac Jones will stand in that pocket and take hits and stay in the game as opposed to going in the medical tent and shying away from contact like Tua.

Unfortunately, I don't think NFL teams are drafting guys who have no mobility in the first round anymore. He would be a sure-fire first rounder a decade ago.

There's also a question of is he actually this good or is he the product of the talent around him. He has two first-round picks at receiver, arguably the best running back in the nation and three of his linemen will be drafted in the first couple rounds. On top of that he has any lead offensive coordinator. He is playing great but he has just about every advantage of QB can have.
He sounds just like Haskins at OSU and he went in the 1st round a couple years ago

Haskins had more preseason hype. Scouts/analysts keep looking for excuses to fail Mac.

I don't remember any preseason hype around Haskins at all. I just thought he was the guy that won the QB battle against Joe Burrow but I don't remember anyone saying he was going to be amazing during the preseason.

Everyone assumed that Mac Jones was just a placeholder and Bryce Young would supplant him at some point during this season. I don't think most people even considered him an NFL prospect at all

20-7, 21-7, 21-0. Those are the second half scores of our last three games against Alabama.

We can start but we can't finish. This is why Kirby taking his foot off the gas against lesser opponents annoys me so much. It's clear that we have issues closing games against elite teams. Why not keep your foot on the gas against the lesser opponents to at least get in the rhythm of playing all four quarters at a high level? There have been so many games where we get a lead and we essentially shut our offense down. It's frustrating.

A lot of fans say "well the game is over let's just run the ball and get out of there with a win I don't want to embarrass or show anybody up" but it's clear we haven't established winning habits because we can't close games in the 4th quarter against good teams.

Against Auburn, we put Mathis in the game on the final drive just to let him hand the ball off. LET HIM THROW! We need to keep running our offense and we need to get him reps. It's mind-boggling what our coaching staff does sometimes

I don't remember any preseason hype around Haskins at all. I just thought he was the guy that won the QB battle against Joe Burrow but I don't remember anyone saying he was going to be amazing during the preseason.

Everyone assumed that Mac Jones was just a placeholder and Bryce Young would supplant him at some point during this season. I don't think most people even considered him an NFL prospect at all

He had quite a bunch of hype going into the season and edged out Burrow in the QB comp.

Though NT’ers will tell you that was just coaches saying that and Burrow was trash....then he went to LSU and the rest is history

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom